Issue #4

Wipe your feet on the mat and come on in - Keyhouse is waiting.

Issue #4

Postby Nerak on Wed May 14, 2008 9:03 am

Out today!!

Go get yours...I will get mine tomorrow! WOOT!!

G-Love the cover!!!
Nerak

Postby LauraK on Wed May 14, 2008 9:07 pm

WOW. Issue 4 is officially my favorite................

.......................so far.

I loved everything about this one. The cover's gorgeous. I just studied it for a couple of minutes. This might now be the one I want signed. For now. :P

*SPOILERS**
Loved watching what was going on for Bode, Sam and Tyler. So, is Mr. Locke trying to warn Bode? Or is it the spirit, Dodge? I almost felt sorry for Sam- almost. Yeah, he had a crappy homelife but that's no excuse. The first panel of him and the trucker? Eww.
And how shocking was this line: "I didn't really want you to die. Not ever. No matter what I said to Sam." :shock: I did not see that coming! Explains a lot....poor Ty. Oooooo, Sam's almost to Lovecraft!! What an evil cliffie! (Thanks, Gabriel, for not showing the dead baby.....I'm going to believe that he's still alive inside that blanket, ok?) :o <<<denial-face<<<
Exceptional work, Joe and Gabriel! I love this story, it has so much depth. The expressions on their faces is just so emotive, G. I could feel Sam's single-mindedness....brrrr. I will be impatiently awaiting #5. :D

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Stephanie on Thu May 15, 2008 8:38 am

#4 is fantastic - both the story and the art are wonderful, as always.

Laura - I agree on all points. Each issue I believe that I am already on top of everything, and then I get hit with a twist I was not expecting. I love it.

It is going to be a long month.
Stephanie

Postby grasking on Thu May 15, 2008 4:37 pm

Where did Sam learn to drive a bus?
grasking

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri May 16, 2008 3:24 pm

Wow, wow, wow!! It just keeps getting better and better! I put my 2 cents worth on the blog, but I did want to come over here and ask if anyone knows the significance of the "DL -98-" that is printed on the lower right of the well house? Gabriel? Joe? Is it one of those inside secrets or am I just dense? :?
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Gabriel on Fri May 16, 2008 4:16 pm

Besty, it just the initials of the real author of that drawing and the date in which he did it....

Best to all, glad you're liking L&K so far...
I promise you the last to issues are the best ones of the series!

G-
Gabriel

Postby Nerak on Fri May 16, 2008 4:36 pm

Gabriel wrote:Besty, it just the initials of the real author of that drawing and the date in which he did it....

G-

??? You didn;t do it?
Nerak

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri May 16, 2008 4:45 pm

Nerak wrote:
Gabriel wrote:Besty, it just the initials of the real author of that drawing and the date in which he did it....

G-

??? You didn;t do it?

Oh yeah! Rendell Locke's brother did that drawing! Remember when Sam is in Rendell's office looking at the painting? I can't remember his name, darn it. Gonna have to go look it up! Man, G...your attention to detail is breathtaking! That is so cool!!

Betsy_Boo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri May 16, 2008 4:48 pm

It's Duncan!! Sorry J & G...when you get to be my age the brain becomes a sieve.

Betsy_Boo

Postby LauraK on Fri May 16, 2008 7:13 pm

8)

LK

LauraK

Postby Nerak on Fri May 16, 2008 7:29 pm

I get it now...the brain fart is over..please continue! LOL
Nerak

Postby Carrie on Fri May 16, 2008 7:55 pm

LauraK, to follow up on your spoiler, there's a hint in Issue 1 where Sam is talking about how they have this connection: "I said I wanted to kill my father, and you said... well, you remember what you said." It's still a punch in the gut to read that flashback, though.

This issue made me go back and read the earlier issues over again. There's a LOT of depth that I didn't even see the first time, particularly in the art (I'm not a huge comic book person, so I tend to focus on the text over the art at first). This is really fantastic stuff, congrats again to Joe and Gabriel.

I really want to know if the father's comment about "cough it up, that's almost funny but I can't think why" means something more...
Carrie

Postby LauraK on Fri May 16, 2008 9:06 pm

This issue made me go back and read the earlier issues over again.

Which is what I intend to do now. :) Thanks, Carrie- I'd definitely forgotten that.

I really want to know if the father's comment about "cough it up, that's almost funny but I can't think why" means something more...

I wondered at that part, too, and I bet you're right.

LK

LauraK

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat May 17, 2008 10:52 am

Was there something somewhere about someone swallowing the key? Or am I having another brain fart?

Betsy_Boo

Postby Carrie on Mon May 19, 2008 10:00 am

I don't remember anything about swallowing a key, but I could be wrong.

Right now I'm totally fascinated with the Lovecraft Senior Drama photo in issue 3. Kinsey's coach reacted at her "key" bracelet, I'm pretty sure that the coach is Ellie Whedon grown up, Ellie Whedon is looking up at Lucas Caravaggio, who is looking at the key bracelet on Locke's wrist (or perhaps at his arm around Kim's waist, hard to tell)... and Caravaggio looks (to me) like the Echo. AND the Echo was wearing a leaf crown like the one Kim is wearing when she appeared in Sam Lesser's prison sink. Could "Dodge" be a nickname for Caravaggio?

I'm reading too much into everything, aren't I?
Carrie

Next

Return to Locke & Key