Issue #6

Wipe your feet on the mat and come on in - Keyhouse is waiting.

Re: Issue #6

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:03 am

Man...you guys have said just enough to ramp up my excitement level to dizzying levels! I gotta get moving so I can be at the comic book store by 11! :)
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby MedicAR on Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:45 am

I'm curious if anyone else felt the way I did about #6. Did the ending seem to just hit all at once? Was it changed a bit to make it an ongoing series? It's not bad by any stretch, but it seemed......for lack of a better word, odd.

What I'm really wondering is if, by coming in on the book late, I had devoured the first four issues in a sitting and had to wait a week or two for #5 then the long wait for #6 so I had my own idea of where it was headed and it just didn't go there, if I forgot some of the details, or if my head injury is really screwing with me?

Like I say, it wasn't bad at all, just not what I expected.
MedicAR

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:05 am

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall Joe mentioning that when he & Gabriel first started L&K they weren't sure it would be continued beyond the first 6 issues. I think I read it in one of his interviews. Then when the series became soooo successful they made the decision to continue it beyond issue #6 and Joe made adjustments in the story to allow for that. If I'm wrong about this, someone correct me.

Having said that, I loved the way #6 ended...all those keys--so many possibilities! I have no doubt that Joe and Gabriel could continue this story indefinitely! Wouldn't that be a treat?
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby sybil on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:41 pm

does anyone have an extra of #6? my bookstore only had one left, and i'm getting them for a friend in denmark, and since i'm late sending her birthday package, i sent it with issues 1-5 for her. i can call the other 2 stores, i guess.
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby sybil on Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:45 pm

ok, i just called the other store, and they still have one, so NM...they're holding it for me.
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby MedicAR on Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:10 am

Betsy_Boo wrote:I could be wrong, but I seem to recall Joe mentioning that when he & Gabriel first started L&K they weren't sure it would be continued beyond the first 6 issues. I think I read it in one of his interviews. Then when the series became soooo successful they made the decision to continue it beyond issue #6 and Joe made adjustments in the story to allow for that. If I'm wrong about this, someone correct me.

Having said that, I loved the way #6 ended...all those keys--so many possibilities! I have no doubt that Joe and Gabriel could continue this story indefinitely! Wouldn't that be a treat?

That seems right. There was some question as to whether it would go beyond 6 issues and whether it would continue as different mini-series or would continue as an ongoing series.

I loved the book, don't get me wrong! I just felt like it may have been reworked or changed in some way as it felt like a sudden departure from the rest of the series. Not bad at all, just different.
MedicAR

Previous

Return to Locke & Key