Locke & Key : Head Games

Wipe your feet on the mat and come on in - Keyhouse is waiting.

Re: Locke & Key : Head Games

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:31 am

I had a thought about the most recent issue:
SPOILER...

I can't stop thinking about the consequences of Kinsey removing "fear" and "crying" from her head. How will that affect her? We have those emotions for very good reasons. How will she react to life without them? And what if they escape from the soda bottle?
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby NewEnglandGothic on Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:33 pm

Although I agree with you Betsy_Boo about the consequences of removing emotions out of your head can't be a great idea to do, like showing the girl you like with your noggin opened wide up. But I'm glad she did this too, because not only because she's favorite character(she reminds me allot of my first girlfriend), but that she was in a severe form of depression that was going unchecked. Feelings of being helpless, hopelessness, guilt, fear, anger, anxiety, dispair, grief, changing one's appearance and pain. This kind of behavior can lead to bad things for 'teens like suicidal thoughts and tendencies, making her fall prey to Zack Wells all the easier.
NewEnglandGothic

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:38 pm

That is true...I have been worried about her emotional state. Still, I can't help but wonder what the consequences will be. Of course, when I'm depressed I wouldn't mind pulling that little bastard right out of my head!

Betsy_Boo

Postby LauraK on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:49 pm

Betsy- as soon as I saw Brian I was like "Duncan's dating Jack Nicholson?" :D

Loved the bit of backstory we got....looks like Duncan's been repressing some shi....so is Dodge a recurring spirit or was that person really a teen from back then and the spirit took on his form in the present? (I'm sure I'm missing something...I should reread WTL...)

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:47 am

Good question LK! What is Dodge? And I'm soooo curious to find out what the kids are up to in that cave. What the heck happened in there?

Betsy_Boo

Postby LauraK on Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:40 pm

Something big and bad......

LauraK

Postby Gabriel on Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:07 pm

Indeed!

HUGE SPOILER:
What already happened in the cave, was: huf feuwif jvdshdugfhs ngfsd jflsld fksd lk....

Sorry, but Joe casted a spell on me, and whenever I try to spoil future events of Locke & Key, I can't speak or write properly... (mmm, I'm not sure if I ever do that...)

Best,
G-
Gabriel

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:10 pm

Gabriel wrote:Indeed!

HUGE SPOILER:
What already happened in the cave, was: huf feuwif jvdshdugfhs ngfsd jflsld fksd lk....

Sorry, but Joe casted a spell on me, and whenever I try to spoil future events of Locke & Key, I can't speak or write properly... (mmm, I'm not sure if I ever do that...)

Best,
G-

:lol:

Betsy_Boo

Postby LauraK on Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:44 am

Hmmm....is that an anagram, Gabriel?

laura goes off to find the anagram generator...

LauraK

Postby Lollipop4598 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:56 am

Betsy_Boo wrote:I had a thought about the most recent issue:
SPOILER...

I can't stop thinking about the consequences of Kinsey removing "fear" and "crying" from her head. How will that affect her? We have those emotions for very good reasons. How will she react to life without them? And what if they escape from the soda bottle?

I think that its fine. It was her choice to take those things out, and that makes a world of difference. If it were someone else imposing things on her, then it would be a disaster, but as is, its a decision to act differently, no more and no less. She has decided its time to stop grieving, then it is time to stop grieving.
However, its maybe not the best to have Dodge aware of what she has done. He may know of a way to use it against her. Is Dodge Lucas? Or is Lucas just another name Dodge used? He sure seems worldly for a teenager of any era.
Lollipop4598

Postby Lollipop4598 on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:00 am

Betsy_Boo wrote:Good question LK! What is Dodge? And I'm soooo curious to find out what the kids are up to in that cave. What the heck happened in there?

SPOILER

They were most likely doing fx for their play using the keys in that cave. Rummel Lockes girlfriend has the wings from her costume(Ariel) and if you look at Ridgeways memory of the play you can tell they are using the anywhere key to stand in front of a wave. There are waves in the cave.
Lollipop4598

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:12 pm

Interesting Lollipop...I'll have to go back and check the pictures more closely. Gabriel's attention to detail is awesome! It doesn't matter how many times I look at my L&Ks---I always see something new!

And speaking of Gabriel's work, I snagged a variant cover of HG #4 today. A little pricey, but very much worth it! I love "Duncan's" art-work! I hope we get to see more (hint, hint!). :)

Betsy_Boo

Postby NewEnglandGothic on Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:00 pm

I've been a big fan of the Jetpack Comics Variant to Head Games #1 recently. I reminds me allot of the cover of Welcome To LoveCraft #1 crossed with Amazing Spider-Man #36 Vol. 2.
NewEnglandGothic

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:07 pm

NewEnglandGothic wrote:I've been a big fan of the Jetpack Comics Variant to Head Games #1 recently. I reminds me allot of the cover of Welcome To LoveCraft #1 crossed with Amazing Spider-Man #36 Vol. 2.

You have a pic of that?

Betsy_Boo

Postby NewEnglandGothic on Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:56 pm

I have a picture, but I dont know how to load it here. I'm really embarrassed. It's a black cover with the Head Key on it, with Locke & Key and JetPack Comics in platinum foil on the top and bottom of it. When I put it in my CGC graded Head Games group shot, It really sticks out. If you buy one somewhere remember to wear gloves because it fingerprints up really easy.
NewEnglandGothic

PreviousNext

Return to Locke & Key