Locke & Key rules!

Wipe your feet on the mat and come on in - Keyhouse is waiting.

Re: Locke & Key rules!

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:26 am

Thanks NE...I see that you are continuing a family tradition! And it never occured to me that someday comics in their current form might no longer be available. But it is entirely possible, especially when you see what's happening to newspapers. Oh...and thanks for posting that pic of the Superman Comic. My paper didn't have a picture of it...just the story...and I was curious about what it looked like. Imagine---10 cents! I remember paying 25 cents for my Archie comics when I was 12. And even though comics cost quit a bit more than that today, they're still a bargain when you consider what you're getting!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby NewEnglandGothic on Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:35 am

Betsy_Boo wrote:I don't even want to ask how much $ those set you back! Very nice!
And the quilt is lovely too! I do patchwork quilting myself so I love a nicely done quilt!
Being so new of a series, the graded prices are not so high. I think a CGC 9.9 #3(first series) sold for a little over $20 on ebay last week, as did a CGC 10 of #4(first series) that went for $46. The speculators who drove the prices up last year are long gone(now chasing back issues of Chew), now is the time for fans, to collect, especially it being a buyers market in this economy. The most I ever spent on a comicbook was $3300(originally costing $.15 :? ) for this Amazing Spidey #100, almost 40 years old and in flawless condition. Another Spidey #100 just sold for $6700 on comiclink, mainly because of speculation on Spider-Man 4 with him battling Lizard and growing 6 arms in the movie as he does in this issue. I just always loved the cover. The reader I bought only cost $25. Some look at these as book coffins, but I think they are more like well protected time capsules that owners can still enjoy great cover art(that Gabe does so well with L & K) and future generations can enjoy too. They keep me feeling young, as my readers tatter, but the same well protected book stays fresh. I was born in '75, my first conscience memories developing in '79 and I can only remember a few things that happened so long ago. Now here's a newsstand book from '71, still new, like it came out of the shop last Wednesday. Wait until I show my high grade 66 year old Superman #20 someday :wink: .

NewEnglandGothic

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:12 am

Very nice! Thanks for sharing! :)

Betsy_Boo

Postby Nerak on Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:34 am

My birthday present ( a month late)
Nerak

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:29 am

Whoa! How cool Nerak!

Betsy_Boo

Postby Nerak on Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:16 pm

LOL Just got word from the boss man that he thinks I am crazy!!!

"you may be right, I may be crazy, but it just may be a lunatic you're looking for!"
Nerak

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:25 pm

If you're crazy, my daughter is too! She just got 3 panels of "The Sandman" tattooed on her back and is going to get 4 more!

Betsy_Boo

Postby grasking on Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:36 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote:If you're crazy, my daughter is too! She just got 3 panels of "The Sandman" tattooed on her back and is going to get 4 more!

What panels?
grasking

Postby Nerak on Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:04 pm

Yeah, she's crazy!!! But, tattoos are personal..you get what you like and what means something to you!!
Nerak

Postby grasking on Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:51 am

Nerak wrote:Yeah, she's crazy!!! But, tattoos are personal..you get what you like and what means something to you!!

Ok, what does this mean?

grasking

Postby grasking on Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:55 am

Usually the barbed wire around the arm means, "I'm a sheep that likes to jump on the latest, most popular trend."

Nerek, I do like your tattoo.
grasking

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:06 am

I don't even want to know what that tattoo stands for, g!

Nerak...I haven't read "The Sandman" comics, but she explained to me that the panels are from "Preludes and Nocturnes". There is a part where Dream is battling a demon in some kind of game where one turns himself into something that the other has to try and beat. The first panel is a spider eating a fly; in the second a snake kills the spider...the next an ox kills the snake...etc. Dream finally wins because he turns himself into Hope which cannot be killed. I hope I'm explaining this right. Apparently it will take several months for it to be finished but if she gives the ok I'll post a pic.

As for me...I originally wanted a Janis Joplin heart. She had a tiny heart tattooed between her breasts, but my daughter said that is a really painful place. So if I do it I'm going to get a mended broken heart on my arm. People are always telling me I wear my heart on my sleeve! :)

Betsy_Boo

Postby Nerak on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:59 am

Grasking, thanks!

Betsy...cool!!!
Nerak

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:41 am

Damn, Im kinda bummed about not being able to go to SDCC this year.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Previous

Return to Locke & Key