SDCC Exclusive

Wipe your feet on the mat and come on in - Keyhouse is waiting.

Re: SDCC Exclusive

Postby Shane on Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:04 am

LauraK wrote:Oooooo, I hope you get to meet him and get sigs! I hope the 1 hour dealio isn't the only time allotted for sigs!

Joe? Shane?

Right now, Comic Con's site has the following listed in regards to Joe:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_guests.shtml
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_search ... Joe%20Hill
Shane
Site Admin

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:11 pm

Ill be there.....
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby LauraK on Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:43 am

Doesn't look like a lot of time for sigs......unless I'm missing something- which is a distinct possibility.

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Nerak on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:00 am

two whole hours...you would not believe what can get signed in two hours! LOL

Joe, bring an ice pack for the poor hand afterwards..:)
Nerak

Postby Gabriel on Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:13 pm

Well, this week finally arrived!

Just finished packing, and waiting some hours before leaving to the airport, and hopefully tomorrow I'll be in San Diego, to meet Joe in person for the first time and some of you that will go to the Con!

And for all you faithful readers, at last L&K #6 is about to be released! Thanks for your patience, hope you'll enjoy it.

See ya in a few days!
Best to all!
G-
Gabriel

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:28 pm

Have a safe trip Gabriel and have fun at Comicon! :)
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:55 pm

Hey G, hope to see you as well...Mary and i are leaving tomorrow after lunch...we hope to meet both you and Joe(mary has already had the honor to meet joe).
demorganakamark

Postby This_Girl on Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:00 pm

Have fun all!!!
And, if you aren't too busy being Joe Hill or Gabriel - or waiting to meet those two, I have heard Tori Amos will be there as well. She's a favorite of mine so I'd be thrilled to meet her. Anway, just thought I'd throw that out there incase she's around when all the others aren't - she's a treat :0)
This_Girl

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:10 am

ok, i went to the IDW booth and the slipcases where not signed by either JOE or G....so, either there is another 100 slipcase thingy going on or something...im not sure
demorganakamark

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:14 am

necropolitan-press wrote:For those in the San Diego, California area (for the San Diego Comic-Con or SDCC), IDW (publisher of Locke & Key) just announced this…

Locke & Key slipcase
Comic-Con guest of honor Joe Hill will be signing copies of his hit comic Locke & Key at IDW’s booth. Two exclusive cardboard slipcases signed by Joe and containing issues 1-3 and issues 4-6 will be available only at Comic-Con. Artist Gabriel Rodriguez will be signing at the IDW booth, too.
- $15 each, limited to 100 copies of each slipcase

Given the price, I'm assuming these aren't all first printings, but you never know. Regardless, Joe Hill will be at the Con and will be signing, it seems. He'll be at the IDW booth, which is #1705.

....the slipcases where not signed.....where they suppose to be..that would suck....i bought 4 of them...hmmm, if anyone has any info about this let me know...thanks, mark
demorganakamark

Postby Nerak on Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:14 am

Woo HOO!! My boss called me last night and picked up a slip of 4-6 for me!!! Can't wait til he comes home so I can read it! LOL

And I don't believe that they were supposed to be signed. I am hoping that my boss will have time to have Gabriel sign mine!
Nerak

Postby joe_hill on Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:10 am

Mark,

Yep, be glad to sign 'em... just as soon as I get to San Diego. I'm still on the wrong coast.

So does it look kooooool?

Joe
joe_hill
Site Admin

Postby Shane on Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:12 am

demorganakamark wrote:hmmm, if anyone has any info about this let me know...thanks, mark

Mark,

Joe's not there yet. So, nothing is signed at this point. Hang in there, man!
Shane
Site Admin

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:02 pm

OK,. thanks shane, thats what i was thinking...but they kinda made it sound that they where already signed...Once again, thanks man
demorganakamark

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:48 pm

Day 2 of SDCC...we good lucky today because we got to met BERNIE WRIGHTSON and he gave me a heads up on whats going on in the next couple of months( frankenstein, he will be signing at my fav place dark delicacies..in october) very nice guy..next we got really, really lucky and was one of the few that got RED SONYA posters signed by ROBERT RODRIGUEZ AND ROSE MCGOWAN...then as we where getting ready to leave, i seen MAX`BROOKES signing his books, got survival guide signed..and he asked me what part of the country i was from and said that he could tell i was from te deep south(damn country accent)..very cool guy...The one thing that was a bummer was that i went by GABRIEL'S booth aboutb 4 times and didnt see him there...sigh...tomorrow is going to be a very hectic day...JOE,G,Joss Whedon,Thomas jane(if we have time).spaced,and some more that i cant remember...but here this, JOE IS my main priority...i will probably get what everyone wants signed(priority) first, then we are going to get back into the line..lol or if its not as busy as some...then i may just try and get everything signed at once, well see...as far as the panels are concerned...i will go and see if i can get in..but today i tried 2 times, an hour and 1/2 before it started and i was completely out of luck(afro samurai and dexter) the lines where lonnnnnnngggggggggggggggggg. Anyway thats what the day was like..we will post pictures when we get back home......
demorganakamark

PreviousNext

Return to Locke & Key