Will Crown of Shadows be the final arc?

Wipe your feet on the mat and come on in - Keyhouse is waiting.

Postby puyaybusto on Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:11 am

I guess this has me confused:
"And for what it’s worth, we’re ending big, with an extended issue, packed full of lots of juicy Gabriel Rodriguez visuals."

puyaybusto

Re: Will Crown of Shadows be the final arc?

Postby NewEnglandGothic on Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:29 pm

I believe there is going to be 36 issues to this series. So minus six issues for Welcome To LoveCraft, minus six issues for Head Games and minus six issues for Crown of Shadows. That leaves 18 issues, meaning 3 arcs left after Crown of Shadows. I hope that's right.
NewEnglandGothic

Postby joe_hill on Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:12 pm

No - Crown of Shadows is not the final arc. Right now it looks like there'll be 4 or maybe 5 more arcs before we're all done, including L&K:CoS.

Also, owing to a happy personal development for Mr. Rodriguez, and a happy professional development for yours truly, the break between Head Games and Crown of Shadows is going to be slightly longer than we planned. Expect issue one at the very end of October or the beginning of November. Apologies for the wait, and for what it's worth, we plan to have a minimal break between the third and fourth arc.
joe_hill
Site Admin

Postby demorganakamark on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:08 pm

joe_hill wrote:No - Crown of Shadows is not the final arc. Right now it looks like there'll be 4 or maybe 5 more arcs before we're all done, including L&K:CoS.

Also, owing to a happy personal development for Mr. Rodriguez, and a happy professional development for yours truly, the break between Head Games and Crown of Shadows is going to be slightly longer than we planned. Expect issue one at the very end of October or the beginning of November. Apologies for the wait, and for what it's worth, we plan to have a minimal break between the third and fourth arc.

WTF JOE! you know that we dont mind you and G taking a break. LOL. Anyway, it gives me something to look forward 2. Keep up the great storytelling. G, you are the fuckin master, you know that we love what you are doing.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby NewEnglandGothic on Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:45 am

joe_hill wrote:No - Crown of Shadows is not the final arc. Right now it looks like there'll be 4 or maybe 5 more arcs before we're all done, including L&K:CoS.

Take your time.

It is soooooo worth it for the high quality of art, written and illustrated.

Whatever makes the band happy and stay together longer, makes me happy, because you guys rock!

(We need headbanger smilies) :)
NewEnglandGothic

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:35 am

Oh Joe...another tease?? "Happy professional development"?? Is it a secret? Can you give us a hint...like maybe a movie deal or a new novel (after HORNS)? Honestly, whatever it is I'm very happy for you (Congratulations!) but also very curious!
Regarding G's "Happy personal development"...I'm not going to pry but I will say "Congratulations" for whatever it is!!
Anyway, I promise to be as patient as I can...I'll do my best not to be too whiney. :)
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Gabriel on Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:55 pm

The most wonderful kind of personal development: Matías Rodríguez Griffin, born July 11th, 2009.
Best,G-
Gabriel

Postby NewEnglandGothic on Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:43 pm

Congratulations!
NewEnglandGothic

Postby demorganakamark on Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:09 pm

Gabriel wrote:The most wonderful kind of personal development: Matías Rodríguez Griffin, born July 11th, 2009.
Best,G-

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!1
CONGRATS
CONGRATS
CONGRATS
CONGRATS
CONGRATS
INFINITY
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:44 am

Gabriel wrote:The most wonderful kind of personal development: Matías Rodríguez Griffin, born July 11th, 2009.
Best,G-

That's wonderful G! Congratulations! And I love the name you chose. Would Matias be Matthew over here? My brother's name is Matthew! And of course, July is the best month for a birthday! Wow...so many babies being born...it makes me want to be a grandma (you didn't hear that Emma!). Anyway, best of luck to you G! Try to get some rest...LOL! :D
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Patrick on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:37 pm

Best,G-
Hey, I just saw this. Congratulations, Gabriel, to you and your family!
"Open your mind to the endless possibilities of the human soul."
- Joe Hill, Heart Shaped Box

"And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"
- Maurice Sendak, Where The Wild Things Are
Patrick

Postby Gabriel on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:01 pm

Thanks a lot, Patrick, and everyone else for your kind words. Still adapting to the "baby timing", but I'm going as fast as I can with the pages for Crown Of Shadows... issue 1 finishing, already working in issue 2!

Best to all, and thanks again!
G-
Gabriel

Return to Locke & Key