A Heads up!

Talk about Joe's uncollected stories, non-fiction, and random pieces

A Heads up!

Postby ChrisF on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:56 pm

Hey guys, I just noticed some one on Abebooks.com is selling 3 copies of the 1st printing of Better Than Home signed by Joe for $250. If you look at the picture, it has the same signature my forged books have that came from kickbuttbooks.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDet ... D0%26y%3D0

So watch out.
ChrisF

Re: A Heads up!

Postby ChrisF on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:58 pm

Also the seller right below the $250 version is also selling a signed copy. There is no picture, but it supposedly has the same signing date of 3-5-07.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchR ... me&x=0&y=0

Here is the picture of the signed Better Than Home they are selling.

ChrisF

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:46 pm

Thanks Chris...not that I'd have $250 to spend on it anyway, but I have to say if I did and I bought this I'd be screaming mad! Someone should report these people. This is fraud, pure and simple.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby This_Girl on Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:55 pm

Thanks for the warning. It angers me, but at the same time I guess I'm immune to it. There are fakes of everything and it's....just plain old wrong. URGH.
Thanks for the warning, though. That was nice of you.
This_Girl

Postby MountainMan41 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:07 pm

ChrisF wrote:Also the seller right below the $250 version is also selling a signed copy. There is no picture, but it supposedly has the same signing date of 3-5-07.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=Joe+Hill&sts=t&tn=Better+than+Home&x=0&y=0

Here is the picture of the signed Better Than Home they are selling.

Tell my how you verified that your book was forged.
Life is a game. Keep the directions and don't lose any parts.
MountainMan41

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:09 am

Mountain.....Shane and Joe verified that the books sold by this seller wasnt legit.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby MountainMan41 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:43 am

demorganakamark wrote:Mountain.....Shane and Joe verified that the books sold by this seller wasnt legit.

So any recent sales by them are automatically bad or what? Please see my other post if you can find it. I seem to have misplaced it but can reference it again here: http://s831.photobucket.com/albums/zz232/MountainMan41/Joe%20Hill%20Books/ How can I get Shane or Joe to verify the authenticity of these pics.

Thanks for your quick response to my earlier post.
MountainMan41

Postby MountainMan41 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:47 am

demorganakamark wrote:Mountain.....Shane and Joe verified that the books sold by this seller wasnt legit.

So any recent sales by kickbuttbooks are automatically bad or what? Please see my other post if you can find it. I seem to have misplaced it but can reference it again here: http://s831.photobucket.com/albums/zz232/MountainMan41/Joe%20Hill%20Books/ How can I get Shane or Joe to verify authenticity of these pics.

MountainMan41

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:57 am

MountainMan41 wrote:

So any recent sales by kickbuttbooks are automatically bad or what? Please see my other post if you can find it. I seem to have misplaced it but can reference it again here: http://s831.photobucket.com/albums/zz232/MountainMan41/Joe%20Hill%20Books/ How can I get Shane or Joe to verify authenticity of these pics.

Im sure that when shane notices the post ...he will give u an opinion. Or you can give him a PM..

Now, my own opinion, and I mean..my own opinion...is that I wouldnt buy from them because Joe has already had a round of trouble from them.
Now, like i said before...i actually think that the one in the picture is not fake( thats my opinion...but shane and of course Joe are the people to ask)....but considering the history of kickbuttbooks..i wouldnt touch anything that they have....

and the best place to buy a signed book of Joe's is from the bookstores that he visited on his tour...thats what the majority of the people here do...thats what i do.
demorganakamark

Postby YellowRose on Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:02 pm

Could someone tell me where to find the "Spoiler" button. I have looked in FAQ for info and I haven't found it on the screen (doesn't mean it's not there.) I have already made a mistake and don't want to repeat it.
Thanks
YellowRose

Postby demorganakamark on Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:09 pm

THere is technically no spoiler button...at least that i know of. Usually, i just do this.
......................SPOILER...........................

then post what u want.

or anything that you may seem fit

!!!!!!!!!!SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILER!!!!!!!!!

theres no set course of action.
Last edited by demorganakamark on Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
demorganakamark

Postby YellowRose on Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:18 am

Thanks Demo - appreciate it.
YellowRose

Return to Miscellany