Beware the Joe Hill imposter

Talk about Joe's uncollected stories, non-fiction, and random pieces

Beware the Joe Hill imposter

Postby South_Africa-1 on Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:52 am

Watch out friends & family - there's another Joe Hill in town with a talentless no-hoper (predictably) trading-in on JH's fame & success.
When ordering 20th Century Ghosts online from kalahari.net, I noticed another Joe Hill book called "Survivor" which I included in my order. Surprise, surprise, when it arrived it was not the Joe Hill I was expecting :cry: Sadly, I now find myself in possession of a thin book of poems - not only badly conceived & written, but which use the tired old formula of rhyming alternate lines. Urgh!
Remember the old saying about "so bad, it's good"? This is NOT the case.... avoid at all costs!!!!

P.S. Is there not a law in America about publishing under an already established author's name?
South_Africa-1

Re: Beware the Joe Hill imposter

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:25 am

Gee SA1...I'm sorry that happened to you. Lesson learned the hard way, eh? I'm glad you showed up here though, 'cause if you check in regularly you'll see what Joe has published and will be publishing in the future and that won't happen again. I don't think there is a law about this, but I don't know for sure. At any rate, check Joe's blog where he lists his published works like 20thCG, HSB & L&K. Then in the next month or two he has "Gunpowder" coming out from PS Publishing, the next L&K series and "Road Rage" which I think is only going to be available in audio. And welcome to the board!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:17 pm

I seen that as well.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby grasking on Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:47 pm

So, this website doesn't give descriptions of the books it sells?

I'm sure you should be able to return it.
grasking

Return to Miscellany