Country Living

Talk about Joe's uncollected stories, non-fiction, and random pieces

Which Rural Setting Would You Rather Relocate To?

The Shire
63%
Tatooine
4%
Pepperland
31%

Total votes : 22

Country Living

Postby joe_hill on Tue May 13, 2008 5:34 am

Your job requires you and your loved ones to relocate to a remote but bucolic setting. You have, conveniently, been offered a choice between three options. Details to be found on the website..

Your job, by the way, is selling farm equipment. Although that may mean one thing in one place (horse-drawn tractors) and something else in another (moisture vaporators).
joe_hill
Site Admin

Postby demorganakamark on Tue May 13, 2008 5:46 am

THe shire...i wouldnt have to worry about being beat up at a bar..i think i could take at least 2-3 of them.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Florida on Tue May 13, 2008 6:03 am

The shire!
Frodo is hot and imagine drinking all that great beer and eating all that good food!
our love lives because i live.
Florida

Postby The_Fourth_Craw on Tue May 13, 2008 7:19 am

Tatooine for me. Could not live and work in the others because:

The Shire: I would be in the pub all day, having / attending birthday parties or off seeking treasure with strange dwarves amd wizards. In summary, my family would never see me and would probably be captured by orcs.

Pepperland: To damned weird...

So Tatooine: I would create an alliance with the Jawas to sell the agricultural equipment. I would then sell blue milk to the Sandpeople and use them as a "security" force. The farmers would pay me a small fee to ensure that they are protected. I would then slowly build my Jawas / Sandpeople empire, sit back whilst the Empire / Rebel Alliance destroy each other and step into the power vacum left behind. All squid musicians would be shot.
The Fourth Craw

The_Fourth_Craw

Postby sari on Tue May 13, 2008 8:18 am

I voted for Pepperland.

But the again, I did grow up loving The Point...so I guess I'm comfortable with weird. :)
sari

Postby Dana_Jean on Tue May 13, 2008 9:17 am

I loved the music of The Point. Harry nilsson, right?

I picked Pepperland. I do think it would drive me a bit bonkers, so I would have to be a blue meanie at least one week a month. More specifically, a Hidden Persuader. And then I would have my summer home in the shire.
Dana_Jean

Postby sybil on Tue May 13, 2008 10:28 am

real life shire:

http://www.bendshire.com/
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby jodi on Tue May 13, 2008 11:58 am

Pepperland for me. Me and my family pretty much live in the ocean most of the summer, so I think year round would be cool. We all love seafood and my kids love to make horrible puns! Plus all of our friends would go with us cause they love the ocean just as much as we do!
I heart
jodi

Postby Nerak on Tue May 13, 2008 12:08 pm

Oh, Sybil, I want to live there!!!!!
Nerak

Postby sari on Tue May 13, 2008 2:25 pm

Yes, Dana - it's Harry Nilsson! And Ringo Starr narrated The Point, so it all ties in. :)
sari

Postby Dana_Jean on Tue May 13, 2008 2:57 pm

sari wrote:Yes, Dana - it's Harry Nilsson! And Ringo Starr narrated The Point, so it all ties in. :)

That's right, I forgot about Ringo.

Me and my arrrrrrowwwwww, straighter than narrrrrroowwwww. Wherever he goes, everyone knows, it's me and my arrrrrrooowwwwww....
Dana_Jean

Postby LauraK on Tue May 13, 2008 7:05 pm

The Shire all the way. I'd move into Frodo's old place and start a tobacco farm.....wacky tobacky, which I'd then sell. It'd be one big party in the Shire!

Until Gandalf shows up with some awful news or other saying we had to go on a quest...... :shock:

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby This_Girl on Tue May 13, 2008 7:45 pm

Pepperland.
Shire looks beautiful and all, but I pick Pepperland.
This_Girl

Postby Dana_Jean on Tue May 13, 2008 8:06 pm

LauraK wrote:The Shire all the way. I'd move into Frodo's old place and start a tobacco farm.....wacky tobacky, which I'd then sell. It'd be one big party in the Shire!

Until Gandalf shows up with some awful news or other saying we had to go on a quest...... :shock:

LK

Fucker.
Dana_Jean

Postby Dana_Jean on Tue May 13, 2008 8:08 pm

Dana Jean wrote:
LauraK wrote:The Shire all the way. I'd move into Frodo's old place and start a tobacco farm.....wacky tobacky, which I'd then sell. It'd be one big party in the Shire!

LK

Fucker.

Not you LK. I was talking about that wizard freak.
Dana_Jean

Next

Return to Miscellany