Joe Hill's twin.

Talk about Joe's uncollected stories, non-fiction, and random pieces

Joe Hill's twin.

Postby Florida on Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:09 pm

The first time I saw a picture of Joe Hill, not only did I swoon and sigh and all the things I did when I saw The New Kids on the Block for the first time when I was 10, but I thought he looked an awful lot like Ken Burns.

He looks totally hot in this pic, but if it was taken by Shane. How did Shane keep a straight face while Joe 'worked it'?

Here's Ken Burns. Uncanny resemblence?
our love lives because i live.
Florida

Postby This_Girl on Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:42 pm

I see the similarity....But I don't think I'd mistake the two for one another.

and, LMBO off "how did Shane keep a straight face?" Good stuff. Gotta assume business is business and they did what they had to. 8)
This_Girl

Postby LauraK on Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:43 pm

He looks more like Owen than Joe..........
to me.

LK :)

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Nerak on Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:58 am

Yeah, his face is too full to be Joe.
Nerak

Postby meridith on Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:19 pm

Ken Burns looks really tired in that picture too. Joe looks more...awake... I think.

If it were me taking the picture I would be laughing my ass off making fun of it all at the same time saying "This is going to be great"....
meridith

Postby BentheWriter on Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:33 pm

Maybe if Joe got fat, lost a chromosome, and had badass reduction surgery.

Otherwise...sorry, but I don't see it.
Which Ben? Ben the Writer.
http://www.benthewriter.com
BentheWriter

Postby Shane on Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:21 pm

This_Girl wrote:and, LMBO off "how did Shane keep a straight face?" Good stuff. Gotta assume business is business and they did what they had to. 8)

meridith wrote:If it were me taking the picture I would be laughing my ass off making fun of it all at the same time saying "This is going to be great"....

Joe and I had quite a bit of fun taking some pictures that afternoon. Between the flooding and torrential rains during that day, it's amazing we got anything outside, actually. There was a helluva storm going on... it was great!

And, I can be 'all business' from time to time. Not very often, but every once in a while. :)
Shane
Site Admin

Re: Joe Hill's twin.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:21 am

Well, I have to say it's a gorgeous picture. Whenever I used to suggest HSB to women in the store they'd turn to the author photo and their eyes would light up! :D
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby meridith on Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:17 pm

oh yes I agree its a great picture-but if I were taking a picture of my friend and trying to sex them up all sexy like, I'd have a hard time not cracking jokes the whole time : )
meridith

Postby Barry_Wood on Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:10 pm

Even I consider that photograph of Joe to be my personal favorite.
Barry_Wood

Postby Shane on Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:36 pm

The pose (and, subsequent end result) was not planned out to be really GQ-looking, as the frames before and after could prove. But, when the wind from the storm came rushing through the alleyway, I knew when to hit the shutter... and then, voilà! I knew the moment the I heard the shutter close that I had one of the handful Joe'd pick from to use. There were some more funny ones there, but since I knew what I had, we packed up and headed for higher (and drier) ground.
Shane
Site Admin

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:13 am

Shane wrote:The pose (and, subsequent end result) was not planned out to be really GQ-looking, as the frames before and after could prove. But, when the wind from the storm came rushing through the alleyway, I knew when to hit the shutter... and then, voilà! I knew the moment the I heard the shutter close that I had one of the handful Joe'd pick from to use. There were some more funny ones there, but since I knew what I had, we packed up and headed for higher (and drier) ground.

Don't suppose you'd be willing to share the "funny ones", eh?

Betsy_Boo

Postby This_Girl on Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:57 am

Betsy_Boo wrote:
Shane wrote:The pose (and, subsequent end result) was not planned out to be really GQ-looking, as the frames before and after could prove. But, when the wind from the storm came rushing through the alleyway, I knew when to hit the shutter... and then, voilà! I knew the moment the I heard the shutter close that I had one of the handful Joe'd pick from to use. There were some more funny ones there, but since I knew what I had, we packed up and headed for higher (and drier) ground.

Don't suppose you'd be willing to share the "funny ones", eh?

That would be great. :)
This_Girl

Postby Shane on Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:02 am

Betsy_Boo wrote:Don't suppose you'd be willing to share the "funny ones", eh?

This_Girl wrote:That would be great. :)

Heh, though I can appreciate that... sorry. I don't think so. What else would I use to blackmail Joe if I gave away all my currency? :wink:

But, there are lots of fun stuff we do. Just check out the new blog entry for an example.
Shane
Site Admin

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:57 pm

Shane wrote:
Betsy_Boo wrote:Don't suppose you'd be willing to share the "funny ones", eh?

This_Girl wrote:That would be great. :)

Heh, though I can appreciate that... sorry. I don't think so. What else would I use to blackmail Joe if I gave away all my currency? :wink:

But, there are lots of fun stuff we do. Just check out the new blog entry for an example.

I thought you might have been behind that pic...I find myself envious of your friendship. I wish I had someone I could be a kid with again! :D

Betsy_Boo

Next

Return to Miscellany