LibraryThing

Talk about Joe's uncollected stories, non-fiction, and random pieces

LibraryThing

Postby Dana_Jean on Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:27 am

Mr. Joe Hill, esquire, is the featured author over at LibraryThing today. Go say hello to him and maybe he'll update his book list. :wink:
Dana_Jean

Re: LibraryThing

Postby foxslady on Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:50 pm

:) hey! dana Jean, missed ya
wrinkles are left over smiles
foxslady

Postby Dana_Jean on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:35 pm

hey foxslady, how YOU doin'? I go through streaks. How are things going for you these days? Are you feeling well?
Dana_Jean

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:37 pm

Hey DJ! Hope all is well! Do you have a link or can I just go to LT and search?
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby grasshopper on Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:40 pm

Thanks for posting that Dana_Jean!
I just had to find a spot in here somewhere to share this:
I went to Border's yesterday and bought up 3 books from Joe's Recommended Reading list.
I had planned to buy "JAMES TIPTREE jr."by Julie Phillps" only to become re-routed In the store.
I didn't find JAMES on the count of leaving my list (and brain) at home thereby having Alice B. Sheldon stuck in my head instead of the author "Julie Phillips"!
The place was very busy so I scooted thru the literature past a loud "cell phone using young mom" and her stroller (at least the baby was quiet)..The store music haad to be banjo of all things. The cashier's redundant "thank yew_ have a good wuun" (nothing wrong with that, it just held onto me) and lastly a man determined to soak the reading of the word AND
into his special student. (The kid was trying so hard I'm surprized I didn't leave with "Ayn Rand")
I abandoned my search for JAMES but saw other great classics, which lifted those distractions as if they got sucked away by a big straw.
One moment later, my equilibrium returned. Several books from Joe's list caught my eye. I left happy as heck with:
2 by "Ian McEwan", ATONEMENT and THE COMFORT OF STRANGERS
and 1 by "David Benioff", CITY OF THIEVES
Tonight it is 45 degrees and softly raining outside. I started a fire in the woostove. Now to kick my feet up next to it,
put on my favorite "ugly Betty" reading glasses and commence to reading! (ATONEMENT) first.
grasshopper

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:18 pm

I did like ATONEMENT. If you like it you should read THE BLIND ASSASSIN by Margaret Atwood. It's even better.
I just ordered CITY OF THIEVES and am looking forward to it. I also ordered DROOD by Simmons and TILL WE HAVE FACES by Lewis. Unfortunately none of them will get here till next week. Hubby has a copy of BLOOD MERIDIAN that I'm gonna start tonight.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Return to Miscellany