Remember When RogerS Gave Me "The Saved?"

Talk about Joe's uncollected stories, non-fiction, and random pieces

Remember When RogerS Gave Me "The Saved?"

Postby LauraK on Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:29 pm

Well, he's done it again! :D

He PM'd me and asked if I'd be interested in his copy of GUNPOWDER. :shock:

I'll leave it to Roger to tell why he was ok with passing it on. I do know that he enjoys the idea of a book going to an appreciative reader and that's certainly what I am!

I told him (of course!) that I'd be thrilled to get it! It's the UK HC and I swear, it looked like it had never been cracked, lol. He does know how to handle a book.

I told him that if it didn't "do it" for me, I'd pass it along. Sorry folks- I really enjoyed it, dark though it was. So I'm keeping it! :)

My only complaint was that I wanted more info at the end. I like stories that get tied up a bit tighter than this......yes, I know....we're supposed to use our imaginations, yadayada, lol. But I liked the world Joe created as well as The Boys and their powers as well as their relationship with their Mother. Sweet and heartbreaking.

Thank you, Roger, for being so generous to me again! It is much appreciated. :D 8)

:!: Paying-It-Forward-Alert!! :!:

I don't have anything Joe Hill related or SK related that I can pass on right now but I can offer a copy of J.N. Williamson's Masques, Book One, An Anthology of Elegant Evil. It's from 1992, in practically perfect condition and has 4 stories in comic form by Wayne Allen Sallee (Rail Rider); Robert R. McCammon (Nightcrawlers); Dave Campiti (A Billion Monstrosities); and Robert E. Weinberg (The Crushing Death.)

I also have Book 2 but am keeping that as it contains a SK story, "Popsy." :twisted:

So, the first person who would like this and says so here...and is comfortable in giving me their snail-mail addy...gets it! :D

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Re: Remember When RogerS Gave Me "The Saved?"

Postby LauraK on Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:23 pm

Really??

13 looks and no takers on the freebie? :(

LauraK

Postby This_Girl on Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:31 pm

LOL, that is insane that no one has taken you up on this. I haven't b/c, well, I am that person who never takes the first chicken wing, nor the last...the type of person who never runs up to the front of the line hopping & jumping saying "me! me! me!" - you know...I am just like that.

SOMEONE needs to take you up on this. Maybe this thread needs a "bump" and my reply here will serve :)
This_Girl

Postby LauraK on Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:46 pm

Well, since there isn't a line, lol.....if you'd like it just PM me your info and I'll mail it out to you, TG. :D

It's a pretty cool little book.....

LauraK

Postby LauraK on Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:35 pm

OK. No one wants the cool freebie I offered so I hereby rescind it! :P

I'm going to offer a book I found at the thrift store yesterday that i think more peeps will be interested in, if they actually come into this thread and read. :?

This is the oversized paperback (approx 6"X10") of stories based on Neil Gaiman's The Sandman. It's called The Sandman, Book of Dreams and is edited by Neil Gaiman and Ed Kramer.

Here's what it looks like:

Some of the contributors: Clive Barker ,Tad Williams, Barbara Hambly, Gene Wotfe, Nancy A. Collins, Tori Amos, Steven Brust, and others.

First to PM me with their snail addy info gets it....

LauraK

Postby This_Girl on Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:00 pm

Me me me. I am a tori fan.
This_Girl

Postby LauraK on Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:12 pm

PM me your info....:)

LauraK

Postby This_Girl on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:08 am

Doing it now. I wasn't sure if that had posted last night b/c I was on the husbands iphone and the battery died.
Thanks a bunch!
This_Girl

Postby LauraK on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:06 am

Sorry I wasn't here yesterday. I just sent you a PM and will send the book out later today. I hope you like it! :)

LauraK

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:00 am

Just out of curiosity...isn't there a Gaiman comic of the same name? One of my daughters was telling me how much she loved the original SANDMAN series but not too long ago she said she had found another SANDMAN series called BOOK OF DREAMS that she really loves too.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby LauraK on Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:57 pm

This is the oversized paperback (approx 6"X10") of stories based on Neil Gaiman's The Sandman. It's called The Sandman, Book of Dreams and is edited by Neil Gaiman and Ed Kramer.

Yup. This is Book of Dreams....and Sandman was a series of comics by Gaiman, I should've put that.
For some reason, I just never got into them, though I know they're incredibly popular.

LauraK

Return to Miscellany