Short films based on Joe's stories

Talk about Joe's uncollected stories, non-fiction, and random pieces

Short films based on Joe's stories

Postby felinedependant on Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:14 am

Hi all, I'm new here, but I'm a fan of Joe's short fiction.

Saturday night I was fortunate enough to get to see a couple of short films based on Joe's short stories "Pop Art" and "Abraham's Boys," thanks to Matt Schwartz at Shocklines, who hosted the event. (Vists http://www.shocklinesfilms.com for more information -- and I hope links are allowed here!)

Both films were handled very well: excellent writing, direction and acting. I feel fortunate having been able to see them, and if you ever get the chance, don't miss out!

Thanks,

Monica
felinedependant

Re: Short films based on Joe's stories

Postby LauraK on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:24 pm

Don't worry, we've all been praying we'd get to be able to see them somehow....someday....if the opportunity arises, you bet we'll be there! :)

I'm officially jealous, lol. They all sound great....Glad you got to see them.

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:14 pm

Welcome Feline!! Well...you're 2 up on me but not for long. I just purchased my tickets to see "Pop Art" at the River Run Film Festival in Winston-Salem! I'm so excited! I wish I could see "Abraham's Boys" too. Anyway, I hope "Pop Art" wins a prize for Best Short Film. That would be really cool. :D
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby joe_hill on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:37 am

Feline,

I was wondering if anyone caught the short films at the Shocklines show, and if they'd post about it on the board. Thanks for checking out the mooovies; glad to hear you had fun with them.
joe_hill
Site Admin

Return to Miscellany