Spiderman-Unlimited

Talk about Joe's uncollected stories, non-fiction, and random pieces

Spiderman-Unlimited

Postby KingoftheHill on Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:28 pm

I snagged a copy off of ebay. Not a bad little story. It's great to see Joe's name in other fiction formats. Even if it is 2 years old! :twisted:

Living easy, living free, season ticket on a one way ride... - Bon Scott

The changes somehow frighten me, still I have to smile. It turns me on to think of growing old. - John Denver
KingoftheHill

Postby Dana_Jean on Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:53 pm

King, I tried to find one of these--I'm definitely not a comic book girl, but I too wanted to see Joe's writing in other formats. Couldn't find one though. :cry:

(I'm so weird, I only order off the internet from places I feel very, very, very, very comfortable with. Very.)
Dana_Jean

Postby KingoftheHill on Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:20 am

Ebay and paypal have been good to me. Good luck grabbing a copy. It's short and sweet. :)

The changes somehow frighten me, still I have to smile. It turns me on to think of growing old. - John Denver
KingoftheHill

Postby Dana_Jean on Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:56 pm

SCORRRRREEEE!!!

Yes. I found Joe's Spiderman comic. $3.25. It appears that I'm a collector, but I'm not in the collector's sense of the word.

I want writings, but I actually touch them and read them. I don't keep them pristine; I don't wear gloves when handling them. I collect to read and enjoy. And keep. I don't fault anyone who purchases these collector things for investment purposes. But I'm just more sentimental about things. Books are my weakness. Fuck the diamonds. A man gives me a book, and I'm passionately intrigued. So yes, I want all these special writings that come out, but I want them because they mean something to me.

So, I had a great day today. Another author's book was out on the shelves today and I snagged that, and I bought more quilting material because I was channeling my grandma and the weather was warm and mild and the sun was shining and I left the teenage Pod People at home. Glorious day.

"The fucking hills are alive,
with the sound of music.....!!"
Dana_Jean

Postby LauraK on Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:43 pm

Cool on getting that Spiderman, DJ! I completely agree with you about the collecting and touching and feeling and reading and all that there book-lovin-stuff. :)

I also grabbed a copy of Another Author's work today and we got to swim in the pool for the first time this season! Yay!

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Janice on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:16 pm

Are you guys talking in code? Or is there actually some guy out there with the pseudonym Another Author?
*A sobering thought: What if, at this very moment, I AM living up to my full potential?

Janice

Postby Dana_Jean on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:18 pm

Another Author died of "cancer of the pseudonym."
Dana_Jean

Postby Janice on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:23 pm

Ah, so you are speaking in code. 'Cause I still don't know what the hell you guys are talking about.

No, it's okay. You guys can have your unnamed authors and secret handshakes and all. But if your society of Another Author knows who the second shooter on the grassy knoll was, I better get a PM about it!
*A sobering thought: What if, at this very moment, I AM living up to my full potential?

Janice

Postby Dana_Jean on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:40 pm

DAMMIT! JANICE!

It's Richard Bachman, girl. Stephen King.

BLAZE came out today.
Dana_Jean

Postby Janice on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:55 pm

Oh. Cool.

Well, that was anticlimactic, wasn't it? :roll:

Janice

Postby val04463 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:50 am

It reminded me I needed to order it....
val04463

Postby KingoftheHill on Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:33 pm

Good job Dana on the Spidey comic! Great price too!!! :D

I'm like you, a collector, but NOT a collector who doesn't read his books. I even read my inscribed HSB and I read most of my other signed HB's because they're often the only copy I own.

Even if I don't read them, I'm always pawing them...opening them, admiring the covers, etc...

Oh, and I still need to get Blaze. Sounds short, sweet, and promising!

KingoftheHill

Postby Patrick on Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:33 am

I collect to keep as well. Sometimes I even read my collectibles. I sure as hell read Spiderman and that was after Joe inscribed it since I bought it the same day.
"Open your mind to the endless possibilities of the human soul."
- Joe Hill, Heart Shaped Box

"And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"
- Maurice Sendak, Where The Wild Things Are
Patrick

Postby nawa-ami on Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:05 pm

For anyone who wants to read the Spider-Man story, and can't find the original issue of Spider-Man Unlimited, it's been reprinted in the back of the trade paperback Fantastic Four / Iron Man: Big in Japan by Zeb Wells and Seth Fisher.
nawa-ami

Postby sybil on Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:00 pm

i read what i buy. i try to be careful with them, of course, but i DO read them.

i want the spidey comic...where can i get it?
janis the joeker
sybil

Next

Return to Miscellany