Thumbprint

Talk about Joe's uncollected stories, non-fiction, and random pieces

Thumbprint

Postby grasking on Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:48 pm

I don't know if any of have seen this yet or if you're interested, but here you go; http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Mercha ... t_Count=29
grasking

Postby Nerak on Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:33 am

You know, I really hate the fact that I have to buy a book that I don't want to get a chap that I do. I know it makes more money for the publisher, but but but....It's just a pita!!
Nerak

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:24 pm

Nerak wrote:You know, I really hate the fact that I have to buy a book that I don't want to get a chap that I do. I know it makes more money for the publisher, but but but....It's just a pita!!

You know, N...I was thinking the same thing this morning. I was ok with subscribing to PS to get "The Saved" because I really wanted the subscription (and thoroughly enjoying the stories, btw) but was wondering if there is anyway to get "Thumbprint" by itself? Then I got to thinking that I wish publishers would get on the chapbook bandwagon. Books have gotten so expensive that folks aren't going to take a chance buying a hardcover by an unknown author. If publishers would release chapbooks by new authors at an appropriate price I think a lot of people would take a chance on a new author. I just don't know how to get my idea to the right people.

BTW..."a pita"?
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby sybil on Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:11 pm

pain
in
the
ass
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby Nerak on Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:59 pm

Thanks sybil!
Nerak

Postby Dana_Jean on Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:33 pm

I'm sorry for the mess Shane and Joe. The first Thumbprint was accidental. The second, I was being a smartass. I apologize.
Dana_Jean

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:38 pm

sybil wrote:pain
in
the
ass

Yes...thank you. I didn't know if it was a typo or an analogy to bread! Man, I've got a lot to learn.

And DJ...I love your sense of humor.

Betsy_Boo

Postby sybil on Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:46 pm

bad DJ !! just look at all the trouble your smart ass caused....sheesh!
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby grasking on Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:56 pm

I'm excited about this. There are some excellent authors in this collection.
grasking

Postby DavidK44 on Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:23 am

A heads-up to anyone who might be interested...

Subterranean Press emailed and posted that they're going to be releasing 'Thumbprint' as a stand-alone hardcover book, in addition to the softcover version that will accompany the anthology.

I expect it will be pricey, however, and so it will likely still be cheaper to get the anthology if you want the chapbook.

Details on price and ordering are going to be released via their email newsletter, and given what happened with Locke & Key, I'd bet it will sell out before it even gets mentioned on the website...

Regards, David
DavidK44

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:50 am

I keep checking back to SP to see if I can get any news on this....this is still all they're saying about it...no date yet. Even so, it sounds fabulous and I really hope I can get one of these. I'm real excited about it. If anyone hears anything beyond this, please let us know, ok?

From Subterranean Press:

"In addition, there will be a signed hardcover version of Thumbprint, news of which will likely go out via our newsletter at some point, so please sign up if that’s a version you want. We can tell you this — it will be the most lavish chapbook production we’ve ever attempted, even better than James P. Blaylock’s Home Before Dark, published years ago.

Posted on Thursday, February 14th, 2008 at 8:34 am."

Betsy_Boo

Re: Thumbprint

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:18 am

Still no word on the stand alone chapbook of "Thumbprint". I imagine it will be even pricier now that it won the award. Still, I'm gonna save up for this one. Hope it doesn't take too long... :mrgreen:

Betsy_Boo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:05 pm

Well folks...I couldn't stand it anymore. I can't wait til SubPress decides to release the stand alone "Thumbprint" so I went ahead and ordered the book that comes with it. They still have some trade editions left for $40 and we just got our stimulus check so I decided to go for it. Anyway, the chances are pretty good that by the time they release the lavish signed copy I won't have the money for it and I really, really want to read this story. Going into JH withdrawal with L&K #6 not coming out til the end of the month. :(

Betsy_Boo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:41 pm

POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

Well, I have to say it was worth the money. The anthology has some authors in it I like and some I have wanted to read. But the best part was getting to (finally) read "Thumbprint". I don't want to say too much, but it was another homerun for Joe and I can see why it won that award. Be warned, though. I personally found it very disturbing because it is so close to the truth. It really hits home on several topics regarding the war...especially what war does to people psychologically. This one could happen and in some ways that scares me more than any horror novel.

Betsy_Boo

Postby Florida on Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:42 pm

Betsy,
I can't wait to read it. The more disturbing and close to home the better. I once thought that "Death of a Salesman" was one of the most disturbing pieces I had ever read...lol
our love lives because i live.
Florida

Next

Return to Miscellany