CHOKE

Talk about what you're watchin'.

CHOKE

Postby doodoobird on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:34 am

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone decided to turn one of my fav Novels into a Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chuck Palahniuk, who I am sure many of you have read, is one of my fav writers. And Choke is one of his best novels. Will it work on the silver screen?????????????? I think so. I find it funny how just the other day am channel surfing and I see the commercial for it. I mean, what the F*ck, if a movie aint starring Bradd Pitt or Al Pacino, does that mean it gets Zero publicity??????????????? Thats Fu*ked up, right? Anyway, hope its good. :?:
Yo mama
doodoobird

Re: CHOKE

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:55 am

I love Sam Rockwell! I'm beginning to think he can do anything. I wasn't planning on seeing "Choke" but I might since he's in it. BTW, DDB...I've seen a ton of commercials about it. It looks like it might be funny but also disturbing in a sexual way. I didn't read the book but I did read "Diary" and liked it. I tried "Invisible Monsters" but couldn't get past the 3rd chapter. Palahniuk is one weird guy.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby doodoobird on Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:56 am

Never read 'invisible Monsters'. Loved 'Diary'. Haunted is good, at least most of the short stories in it. Didnt like the main story. Choke is great. Survivor is just as good. Still have not read Rant, might not at all.
Am........ I guess I just missed all the commercials. And I honestly never heard of Sam Rockwell.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby LauraK on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:30 pm

The only CP I've read has been Snuff and I wasn't overly impressed. I'll try some more since I've heard very good things about him.......
I have seen the preview where the guy asks the girl if he should hit her with the knife and she says something like "nooooo....that would be stabbing!" lol!

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby LauraK on Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:35 pm

At least I think it was for Choke....

Here's the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMZ3Mi1vT-w

LK

LauraK

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:41 am

LauraK wrote:The only CP I've read has been Snuff and I wasn't overly impressed. I'll try some more since I've heard very good things about him.......
I have seen the preview where the guy asks the girl if he should hit her with the knife and she says something like "nooooo....that would be stabbing!" lol!

LK

Is that the new one? snuff
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby doodoobird on Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:42 am

Never heard of Snuff, must be new. I thought Rant was the new(est) one.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:44 am

I know that i just got a signed book by chuck P. from dark del...but with all this wedding stuff going on im losing out on reading as much...but hey, im gaining in other areas..
demorganakamark

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:47 am

Yeah its the new one..i just checked
demorganakamark

Postby LauraK on Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:21 am

Hi Mark-

Yep, I'd heard so much about Chuck from you guys here and at another board, I decided to put Snuff on hold at my library, so I got it pretty soon after it was released. It was just ok to me. Interesting prmise but I didn't like the way it was laid out...pardon the pun. You'll see when you read it.

Good luck on the wedding- it'll all go back to normal soon enough and you'll have time to catch up on any reading you can't get in now. :) Enjoy!

LK

LauraK

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:00 pm

doodoobird wrote:Never read 'invisible Monsters'. Loved 'Diary'. Haunted is good, at least most of the short stories in it. Didnt like the main story. Choke is great. Survivor is just as good. Still have not read Rant, might not at all.
Am........ I guess I just missed all the commercials. And I honestly never heard of Sam Rockwell.

He was in "The Green Mile" and "Galaxy Quest"...surely you've seen those!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby doodoobird on Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:07 pm

yeah, I saw the green mile and it just clicked. Good actor.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby Florida on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:22 pm

I just finished the book "Choke" the other day. I knew while I was reading it that DooDoo would love it too...lol
The best part was the girl he met in the bookstore. I really identified with that chick...lol
our love lives because i live.
Florida

Postby doodoobird on Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:32 pm

Sounds like you got me pegged as a scumbag. Or a sex addict. Or a con artist. Just other ways of saying scumbag. Ha!
Yeah, I loved choke. Dont remember much of it, though. Read it years ago. For that same reason the movie should be great.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby Charlie on Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:29 am

I really enjoyed Lullaby. We listen to it couple times a year. Need to find some more of his work on tape.
A happy day makes for short conversations, while tragic days can fill shelves.

"...so we crashed the gate doin' 98 sayin' let them truckers roll 10-4..." C.W. McCall
Charlie

Next

Return to Movies and TV