FAV ACTORS and ACTRESSES

Talk about what you're watchin'.

FAV ACTORS and ACTRESSES

Postby doodoobird on Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:25 am

I personally hate how our country is obsessed with celebrities. Its really sick.
BUT I DO LOVE MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!! So...................... who does it for you?

Denzel Washington
Christian Bale
Samual L Jackson
Angelina Jolie (Good Actress and she is the hottest women on Earth. I would literally eat the peanuts out of her *&^!)
Al Pacino
Forrest Whittaker
Robert De Niro
Tom Hanks

From the top of my head. 8)
Yo mama
doodoobird

Re: FAV ACTORS and ACTRESSES

Postby Paul_Campbell on Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:29 am

Nicole Kidman
Scarlett Johansson
Charlize Theron

And recently Ellen Page - she was AMAZING in Hard Candy and Juno!
Paul_Campbell

Postby Barry_Wood on Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:47 am

Juno is ready for me to pick up at the local library. By the way, Ellen Page is from Halifax, Canada. Actually she had just lived up the street from me. I've never met her in person. We Haligonians are very proud of her.

With the theme of this thread, I do enjoy movies but I do not have specific favorite actors or actresses.
Barry_Wood

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:13 am

I am a MAJOR movie freak...the list of my favs would be soooooo long. But I will say that there are 3 actors I'd watch in anything: Meryl Streep, Alan Rickman and Emma Thompson. I used to be absolutely crazy about Kenneth Brannagh and Jeff Bridges, but haven't seen them much lately.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby jodi on Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:36 am

Jake Weber does it for me!

U571, Dawn of the Dead(remake), Cherry, What the Deaf Man Heard, most of his movies are good.

I love Richard Dryfuss, Johnny Depp, Christian Bale, Roy Schieder, Winona Ryder, Nicolas Cage,...
I heart
jodi

Postby LauraK on Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:21 am

Oooooh Betsy- we do have Alan Rickman in common. I love him.
Also Johnny Depp, John Malkovich, Gary Oldman, Christopher Walken and Viggo Mortenson.

Actresses? No biggies for me but I do like Michelle Pfieffer, Glenn Close, Uma Thurman (yes, all in Dangerous Liaisons- I love that movie) and I think Michelle Williams is quite good.

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby grasking on Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:05 pm

poisonlily wrote:Quite a big movie buff, so I can't just rattle off a list of actors that I like. I think there are many talented ones out there. A few that come to mind would be Ed Norton, John Cusack, Robert Downey Jr. and Johnny Depp. There truly aren't many females I consider great. Most really aren't. I do like Angela Bassett though.

I agree. It seems like most women are cast not because of their acting but because of their "look".

But I do like Kate Winslet, especially in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Katherine Heigl is becoming a favorite of mine, but I've only seen her in Knocked Up.

Daniel Day Lewis, Bruce Campell, Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr., Val Kilmer (I thought he and Downey Jr. were great in Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang) - that's about all I can think of right now.
grasking

Postby Florida on Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:46 pm

I have a huge crush on John Cusack.
"Say Anything" was my favorite movie when I was a teen.

My faves lately are: Jake Gyllenhaal, Ellen Page, Daniel Day-Lewis, Josh Brolin

My son and I said "I drink your milkshake!" to each other for about a week after we saw "There Will Be Blood". Who knew Josh Brolin was such a good actor?
our love lives because i live.
Florida

Postby This_Girl on Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:32 pm

Hmmmm? I don't think I have favorites. It all depends on the movie I suppose.
I don't think I've ever seen Robert Downey Jr play a role I did not like. So maybe him?
Tom Hanks....but I LOVED him when I was in diapers and watching Bossom Buddies. I have liked all of his movies. From the ones he received awards for right down through roles like Joe vs The Volcano, Splash, Big....you know.
For the longest time, I just loved Meg Ryan. I always thought she was so sweet & pretty. I am not liking the "injected" plastic surgery Meg Ryan too much.
This_Girl

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:29 pm

I totally forgot about Kate Winslet, g! I loved her in "Eternal Sunshine..." and "Finding Neverland" and her Ophelia in "Hamlet" was exquisite. She was also great in "Quills" and "Sense and Sensibility". She's another actress I'd watch in anything.

I've also forgotten Geoffrey Rush...he's great too. You know, it seems like except for Meryl Streep and Jeff Bridges all my favs are Brits...I wonder why?
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:15 pm

Myself, I would go see movies based on the directors rather than the actors. I prefer to see movies by, david fincher,darren aronofsky,....you get the picture..
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby doodoobird on Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:54 pm

Yeah demorganakamark, I feel the same way. I am a Tarantino nut. I also really like Polanski. The 9th gate was freaky. I love satanic stuff. oh yeah, i forgot to mention Ed nortan.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:58 am

doodoobird wrote:Yeah demorganakamark, I feel the same way. I am a Tarantino nut. I also really like Polanski. The 9th gate was freaky. I love satanic stuff. oh yeah, i forgot to mention Ed nortan.

Yeah , i was into tarantino alot(back around the time Jackie Brown came out)...he has slowed down(at least it seems like to me).........im looking forward to his "inglorious bastards".
demorganakamark

Postby doodoobird on Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:21 am

Jackie Brown was one of his few films that i didnt really like. It wasnt bad but just not Tarintino, you know? But the Kill Bills? Excellent. The Grind House movies sucked big donkey c*ck. The one you named above, is that a new one coming out? Whats it about? :?:
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 am

i believe its kinda a remake of a movie thats called inglorious bastards.....i know that it is going to be 2 movies like the kill bill series...his script pages was about 300 i heard at one time...i think that it will be his next movie..well see....you know, i kinda liked gind house....i thought that eli roths thanksgiving and machetter would make a great pair of movies together if they ever do it again...which i highly doubt that they will again,...grindhouse failed to make any money...but, it would be interesting to see anyway.
demorganakamark

Next

Return to Movies and TV