Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Talk about what you're watchin'.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Postby demorganakamark on Fri May 23, 2008 9:58 am

has anyone seen it yet. what did you think?
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri May 23, 2008 8:14 pm

A friend of mine saw it and liked it. He said HF had aged quite a bit, but it takes place in the fifties so that would make sense. Still, it was a bit of a stretch that Indy in his 60's could hold his own in a fight with a huge Russian in his 30's.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby LauraK on Sat May 24, 2008 7:31 pm

I was a bad girl. I wanted to know 1 thing before seeing it....so when I saw the teen-book-version in Meijer the other day, I read some bits til I had my answer. :D
*Laura ducks tomatoes*

I predict Iron Man will not be topped by Indy. Then again..... :P
I was psyched for Iron Man....Indy? I'll get to it. (That's just me.)

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Jane on Tue May 27, 2008 11:53 am

saw it yesterday and it was great! perfect holiday weekend movie, lots of action and cheese, effects were super, plenty of homage to the previous flix, interesting story line...except the ginormous bucket of popcorn upset my tum-tum! :shock:
"Every day takes figurin' out all over again, how to fuckin live" - Calamity Jane, Deadwood
Jane

Postby This_Girl on Tue May 27, 2008 7:41 pm

I stink...I hardly ever go to the theaters...I'll wait for it on DVD. I am a little scared to see it. I have very fond memories of Indy and don't want to see "some old guy" being my Indy....I will get it, though.
This_Girl

Postby Mercy on Tue May 27, 2008 8:54 pm

Saw it, loved it!! They used HF's age pretty well actually, tend to joke about things "not being as easy as it used to be". It fits in well with the rest of the Indiana Jone series! I was ready to be dissapointed, as I had built it up so much in my own mind, I've loved the series since I was little, hell, I grew up watching it literally. I really enjoyed the directons that they took with the plot.
Mercy

Re: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Postby Dana_Jean on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:47 am

I finally saw this one. A lot of people are having huge issues with this installment. Overall, I liked it, but the CGI stuff bugged me just a little bit at points. The actual premise of the movie I thought was interesting, but to get from point A to point B was sometimes laden with stiff acting. Ultimately, I was there to be entertained. It's a movie and being Indiana Jones, one has to suspend disbelief to be able to enjoy it. In the earlier contributions though, I totally believed all the action sequences could actually happen no matter how wild they were because they had actual people doing the stunts and things. This one, with all the CGI action crap, it felt more like a movie and kept me separate from the piece. Do you know what I mean? The first ones, I invested myself in them right along with the characters; this one, I was just watching.

Overall, I did enjoy it as a stand alone piece but I don't think it had the same quality as the first ones in the series.
Dana_Jean

Return to Movies and TV