"Religulous"

Talk about what you're watchin'.

Re: "Religulous"

Postby Kiuku on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:22 pm

For serious, though. I thought the movie was decent up until the end. Because I thought it was just supposed to be funny. But then at the end he decided to make it about a message, not only making him an enormous hypocrite, but intellectually dishonest, and downright ignorant. It's something I would expect from a 15 year old hormonal atheist. It just wasn't that funny, and the message was self righteous, hypocritical, and flat out wrong.
Kiuku

Postby Kiuku on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:37 pm

I'm sure if Bill Maher was here he'd come back with something about how he's a rationalist and not an atheist or some other such crap.

Beliefs, for the most part, are inherently absurd. And I think I have an idea of why we have beliefs, and it's not the typical idea that we are dealing with issues of life. But religion is not the cause of human suffering. It's not the cause of war. It's not the cause of misogyny. And I want to point out how pissed I was that he even brought up misogyny, painted Muslims as wife beaters, when he is a massive misogynist. He was just on TV calling all American women "ho's" and that the cause of prostitution is lack of female morality, aka "ho's".

Religion is not the cause of this because this exists in rationalists as well. He is obviously a fan of psychiatry, calling religion a "neurological" disorder, not having the least biological knowledge of how ideas and beliefs create neurological states, as to make it difficult to determine what followed what. Rationalism is responsible for perhaps the worst, and most disgusting human atrocities in history: the holocaust, and psychiatry got its beginning in mass murder. From rationalism we get eugenics.

Hypocrisy is everywhere. Not just in religion. It's even in Bill Maher.
Kiuku

Postby Kiuku on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:06 pm

There is possibly nothing more disturbing than a rationalist, than a white man from America who believes his success is indicative of his biological superiority. He probably masturbates to orgasm over how "tolerant" and "progressive" he is.

Yet, I must say that the scary music and scenes of destruction at the end was enjoyable. If you're going to make a point, however annoying, that is absolutely key.
Kiuku

Postby doodoobird on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:21 am

He probably masturbates to orgasm over how "tolerant" and "progressive" he is.

That is the line of the day, Kiuku.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby Kiuku on Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:54 pm

hehehehehe
Kiuku

Previous

Return to Movies and TV