The Mist

Talk about what you're watchin'.

Re: The Mist

Postby Allen on Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:45 pm

I rented out The Mist DVD from library. I hope to watch in next couple of days.
Allen

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:29 pm

I liked the mist...i really did, i go back and forth with the ending at times..sometimes i like the nail in the coffin ending..,but i really sometimes wonder how it would have been with the OPEN ended way....which i always like...
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Allen on Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:06 am

This is only my opinion. I was furious with way The Mist ended. I felt rest of movie stayed very true to Stephen King's vision. I did like though all bonus features.
Allen

Postby grasking on Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:29 pm

Wow. I'm really disappointed. This was directed by the same man who directed The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile?
grasking

Postby grasking on Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:40 pm

I will say the ending was the best part of the movie though.
grasking

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:59 am

grasking wrote:Wow. I'm really disappointed. This was directed by the same man who directed The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile?

What was it that you didn't like, g? I thought it followed the story line pretty closely except for the ending and I thought the acting was very good.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Dana_Jean on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:32 am

I had a hard time dealing with those jagged camera shots that try desperately to make the scenes more "realistic", like that Blair Witch Snotcapade. Those didn't work for me.

But, I really liked the movie. Especially, as I told you guys before, when everyone left the theater at the end and I was by myself. There was no ending music after that one beautiful piece that played when the mist cleared, just sounds of tanks and helicopters moving through the speakers. Now that was very surreal, as if something had happened outside my little theater while I sat oblivious.

And I thought Marsha Gay Harden (is that her name?), she did a brilliant job. Just brilliant.
Dana_Jean

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:35 pm

I still like it alot...darabont had a "indie" budget and delievered the goods( in my opinion).
demorganakamark

Postby grasking on Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:48 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote:
grasking wrote:Wow. I'm really disappointed. This was directed by the same man who directed The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile?

What was it that you didn't like, g? I thought it followed the story line pretty closely except for the ending and I thought the acting was very good.

I never read the short story.

I thought the acting over all was pretty good. But I didn't feel there was any suspense or tension until the last scene when five people were sitting in a truck with only four bullets. Will he or won't he?

I came so close to hitting stop or skip too many times for me to recommend this movie to any one. I found it boring.

What year did Mr. King write the short story?
grasking

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:15 pm

"The Mist" was in Skeleton Crew, published in 1985. Since it was a collection I don't know exactly when it was written especially since my daughter borrowed it and hasn't returned it...same with Different Seasons. Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!

This is another example of why I don't lend my books out---to ANYONE.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:26 pm

Ok, after some long thought. I really dont like the ending. I dont think that a parent would kill their kid so soon after running out of gas.
demorganakamark

Previous

Return to Movies and TV