The Mist

Talk about what you're watchin'.

The Mist

Postby Eric on Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:03 am

Hello all - I haven't posted in a long time but just got back from watching The Mist. WOW!!! What an awesome movie!!! Very rarely do I leave a theater speechless, but this was one of those movies.

It's been a long time since I've read the story so I really don't know how much the movie followed it. I had heard that the ending was changed. It was certainly a powerful ending. It's worth seeing and gets two thumbs up from me.
Eric

Postby LauraK on Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:54 am

Great! Thanks for the review, Eric! I can't wait to see it, hopefully next week. :D

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Allen on Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:26 am

i wonder when coming to DVD? It has been very long time since I read The Mist. I think was in book Skeletan Crew. It might have been 20 years ago.
Allen

Postby Mr._Hex on Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:53 am

I really didn't mind the ending like most people did, I just thought the rest of the movie was so "meh".

~ Hex
Mr._Hex

Postby Allen on Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:14 am

Any DVD time frame?
Allen

Postby Lou_Sytsma on Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:14 pm

Loved the movie. Very true to the story, except for the ending.
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.
Lou_Sytsma

Postby miamiheat on Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:42 am

Allen wrote:Any DVD time frame?

It's out March 25th in a 'regular' version and a Special Edition 2-disc set with the movie in color and black & white!

http://www.esplatter.com/news.php?id=376
"In the end, people usually get a bit more of what they want than they can really handle, don't they?" - Joe Hill
miamiheat

Postby Lou_Sytsma on Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:47 am

I'll wait for a HD release.
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.
Lou_Sytsma

Postby Allen on Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:01 am

I will rent out when The Mists goes to DVD next month.
Allen

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:43 am

FYI..."The Mist" will be out on dvd tomorrow. I've already got it reserved!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby The_Fourth_Craw on Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:52 pm

The Mist has not even been at the cinema in the UK. Pretty shoking I think, considering that its now out on DVD in the USA.

However, in this day and age of technology, I know someone who has managed to get a copy of it and I have seen it. Its brilliant and I thought the new ending, although pretty bleak, was an amazing twist.

Did anyone else notice the painting at the beginning was of Roland from The Dark Tower, or is that silly question?

Not only that, but the song at the end was Host of Seraphim by Dead Can Dance, my all time favourite band and song. Hope its at least released on DVD over here so that I can actually get to see a legit copy of the movie.

If anyone from the distributors reads this, why the hell has this great movie not been released in the UK?
The Fourth Craw

The_Fourth_Craw

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:05 pm

Was anyone, besides me, TOTALLY shocked at the new ending??? I'm gonna have to think on this for a while. It freaked me out!! Totally unexpected!! My daughter watched it with me and was sooooo pissed. She was yelling at me, "Did you know that was coming???" The new ending made it an entirely different story for me, even though the rest of the movie followed the book pretty faithfully. Wow!! I just don't know what to think!

Betsy_Boo

Postby foxslady on Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:16 am

We rented it last nite and I loved the whole thing. The DVD we got had an interview with King and Darabont, King had OK'd the ending and really liked what was done with it.
I think I want to own this

Barb
wrinkles are left over smiles
foxslady

Postby LauraK on Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:06 pm

Bad me...I never did get to see this while it was in the theaters. I hope to pick it up this week.

Craw- You can order a copy from Amazon can't you? Or some other online source that ships to the UK?

Thanks for the tip about the Roland pic- I'll be looking for it. I think from Bev Vincent's on-set reports that there are all kinds of King-things in that store. :) I'll be trying to spot as many as I can.

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:35 pm

Well, the Roland painting is pretty obvious, but I didn't notice anything else. Could someone clue me in on the rest? I guess I should watch it again and pay closer attention.

Betsy_Boo

Next

Return to Movies and TV