Top Ten Movies of the Decade

Talk about what you're watchin'.

Top Ten Movies of the Decade

Postby grasking on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:46 pm

Here are my ten favorites:

Amelie
Spirited Away
Donnie Darko
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Mystic River
A History of Violence
Pan's Labyrinth
The Proposition
No Country For Old Men
Shaun of the Dead

I may need to expand on this list.
Image
grasking
 
Posts: 2409
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:57 pm
Location: northeast

Re: Top Ten Movies of the Decade

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:37 pm

I wouldn't even know where to begin a list like this. I will say that I agree with you on "Eternal Sunshine..." (gosh, I wish that technology was possible), "Donnie Darko" and "No Country For Old Men". Just off the top of my head I'd add LOTR. But I will work on this and see what I can come up with.
"We'll always have Paris."

Image
Betsy_Boo
 
Posts: 4725
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:20 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Top Ten Movies of the Decade

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:16 pm

grasking wrote:Here are my ten favorites:

Amelie
Spirited Away
Donnie Darko
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Mystic River
A History of Violence
Pan's Labyrinth
The Proposition
No Country For Old Men
Shaun of the Dead

I may need to expand on this list.

Oh wow. that is one hell of a list.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Re: Top Ten Movies of the Decade

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:27 pm

Well, here is a list of my fav's of all time..they may or may not fall in the decade.lol

MATRIX---i do love the sequels, but i put alot of time into some of the source material...simulacra simualtion, and others...it made the sequels make more sense.

THE SHINING...KUBRICK

THE FOUNTAIN....ALL DARREN ARONOFSKY MOVIES ARE GREAT

DONNIE DARKO....I PREFER THE THEATRICAL CUT..just seen it first

EMPIRE STRIKES BACK...OF COURSE

ALIENS...

THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY...

Pi....ANOTHER DARREN ARONOFSKY.

OLD BOY.....

MEMENTO....I REALLY LIKE INSOMNIA...and Nolans new movie INCEPTion looks good

ROAD TO PERDITION....my dad really enjoyed that movie...that and THE HUSTLER was his favorite

CONAN THE BARBARIAN....what is best in life......love it

THE DARK KNIGHT.....IT IS the godfather of all comic book movies

THE GODFATHER I& II.....



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Man, im looking at Gkings and trying not to copy...those are some great movies.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Re: Top Ten Movies of the Decade

Postby grasking on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:40 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote:I wouldn't even know where to begin a list like this. I will say that I agree with you on "Eternal Sunshine..." (gosh, I wish that technology was possible), "Donnie Darko" and "No Country For Old Men". Just off the top of my head I'd add LOTR. But I will work on this and see what I can come up with.


If you haven't seen Amelie; watch it. It's wonderful, definately a feel-good movie.

It's tought to just name 10. But those were the first ten to pop in my mind. LOTR is definately worthy of Top 10 status.
Image
grasking
 
Posts: 2409
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:57 pm
Location: northeast

Re: Top Ten Movies of the Decade

Postby grasking on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:43 pm

Amelie, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Proposition are the only movies I own on dvd from this decade, so they had to make the list.
Image
grasking
 
Posts: 2409
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:57 pm
Location: northeast

Re: Top Ten Movies of the Decade

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:49 pm

grasking wrote:
Betsy_Boo wrote:I wouldn't even know where to begin a list like this. I will say that I agree with you on "Eternal Sunshine..." (gosh, I wish that technology was possible), "Donnie Darko" and "No Country For Old Men". Just off the top of my head I'd add LOTR. But I will work on this and see what I can come up with.


If you haven't seen Amelie; watch it. It's wonderful, definately a feel-good movie.

It's tought to just name 10. But those were the first ten to pop in my mind. LOTR is definately worthy of Top 10 status.


I have been meaning to watch "Amelie" for the longest time, g. I'm def gonna see it for sure now that you recommend it!
"We'll always have Paris."

Image
Betsy_Boo
 
Posts: 4725
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:20 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Top Ten Movies of the Decade

Postby grasking on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:03 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote:
grasking wrote:
Betsy_Boo wrote:I wouldn't even know where to begin a list like this. I will say that I agree with you on "Eternal Sunshine..." (gosh, I wish that technology was possible), "Donnie Darko" and "No Country For Old Men". Just off the top of my head I'd add LOTR. But I will work on this and see what I can come up with.


If you haven't seen Amelie; watch it. It's wonderful, definately a feel-good movie.

It's tought to just name 10. But those were the first ten to pop in my mind. LOTR is definately worthy of Top 10 status.


I have been meaning to watch "Amelie" for the longest time, g. I'm def gonna see it for sure now that you recommend it!


Her antics throughout the movie are awesome. She's just so adorable. I may watch it again tonight.
Image
grasking
 
Posts: 2409
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:57 pm
Location: northeast

Re: Top Ten Movies of the Decade

Postby grasking on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:05 pm

I confess. I have a crush on Amelie.
Image
grasking
 
Posts: 2409
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:57 pm
Location: northeast

Re: Top Ten Movies of the Decade

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:05 pm

Amelie..wonderful movie.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Re: Top Ten Movies of the Decade

Postby grasking on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:25 pm

There you go Betsy; two high recommondations.
Image
grasking
 
Posts: 2409
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:57 pm
Location: northeast

Re: Top Ten Movies of the Decade

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:12 pm

grasking wrote:There you go Betsy; two high recommondations.


Well that clinches it...I'm just gonna buy it!

I've started my list, but it is not complete:

No Country For Old Men
Donnie Darko
Eternal Sunshine..
Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
The Lady Killers
The Big Lebowski
Raising Arizona
LOTR
Schindler's List
Forrest Gump
Whale Rider
Titanic
Silence of the Lambs
The Green Mile
The Shawshank Redemption
A Civil Action
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
Magnolia
Michael Clayton
Wit
Run, Lola, Run
The Fisher King

Ok...so I know I picked more than 10 and I'm not exactly sure that all these movies were made in the last 10 years, but I love them all and they are pretty recent to me. When you get to be my age, 10 years is but a brief moment of time.
"We'll always have Paris."

Image
Betsy_Boo
 
Posts: 4725
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:20 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Top Ten Movies of the Decade

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:13 pm

Oh...and "Angels in America".
"We'll always have Paris."

Image
Betsy_Boo
 
Posts: 4725
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:20 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Top Ten Movies of the Decade

Postby Starchild on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:48 pm

I've seen those ones too--
Donnie Darko
Mystic River
Pan's Labyrinth

I'd have to add these--
Dark Knight
Crash
Lost in Translation
The Matrix
Babel
Munich
The Aviator
Starchild
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: Top Ten Movies of the Decade

Postby grasking on Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:50 am

The best movie going experience of the decade was seeing Califone perform the live soundtrack to their film All My Friends Are Funneral Singers. They've been invited to perform at the Sundance Film Festival.

"All my friends are leaves and rain.
All my friends are half gone birds, magnets.
All my friends are words."

Image
grasking
 
Posts: 2409
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:57 pm
Location: northeast

Next

Return to Movies and TV


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest