WALL-E

Talk about what you're watchin'.

WALL-E

Postby leandro-damasceno on Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:52 pm

Have you seen it yet? No? You're less of a human beeing!

Seriously. Go see it. NOW!

WALL-E is the best american animation ever made! Ok, I must be exagerating, but you know what I mean...

So sweet and so strong at the same time!

Pixar makes references like homages to the greats that came before, and their pictures are so much more then just the references. The story, the technical masterness, it's all great.

They use stereotypes at large and with such grace and competencen that they don't feel like stereotypes, they feel like they belong to that film and they should be exactly where they are.

Another thing that got to me was the love with which PIXAR works in all of their films. The passion they have for animation is all there in the screen, and it obviously transcend to the audience.

LOVE IT!
leandro-damasceno

Re: WALL-E

Postby This_Girl on Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:59 pm

:(
I wanted to go so badly on Saturday. My little family and I were going to go....but things came up that got in the way. Maybe next weekend. It looks really cute to me.
I have liked all the Disney/Pixar collaborations.
This_Girl

Postby LauraK on Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:34 am

I took Jacob on opening day and was surprised that there were only about 30 of us in total.
I'm guessing everyone felt it would be packed so stayed home- or went in the evening.

Anywho.......I really liked it, it had quite the commentary on how we treat the planet and our own bodies and what could happen because of it.
Lots of laughs and funny references but all-in-all, Monsters Inc and Finding Nemo haven't been moved from #1 and #2 positions for me, so I'd say Wall-E ties with Shrek for 3'rd. :D Purely my own opinion. :)

(NIghtmare Before Christmas is my fave but it's in its own quirky/special category....)

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby leandro-damasceno on Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:48 am

Nightmare Before Christmas is my fave but it's in its own quirky/special category....

Yeah, those Henry Selick movies are on there own.

I saw Kung Fu Panda the other day and I really like it. It's the first Dreamworks animation that I've enjoy. Can't stand Shrek (super personal thing and mainly it's the presence of Cameron Diaz that makes it unbearable to me). Shark Tale, Shrek 2 and 3... Urgh!

But I digress.

What I'm saying is: there're two animations, original concepts, making the rounds and just beeing great films. Not just great animations, great movies. And they are not sequel to anything, or "easy-high-concept-sell-it-self-whatever" films. They are original (Wall-E more then Kung Fu Panda by, like, ten thousand miles, but still) and, as far as I know, they are more satisfing expiriences then any other summer movie so far.

Well, Winter movies for me here, 'cause I'm south of the Equator line.

And, for Christ sake, nothing against high concept movies. I'm going to see Wanted as soon as that baby hits the big screen here. But, you know, I like my entertainment with a little bit of brains to it.

Oh, I have to say it, I'm a HUGE animation fan, so I might be pushing it a little small tiny bit... :D
leandro-damasceno

Postby Paul_Campbell on Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:40 am

Here's a VERY in-depth review from the long running science fiction news magazine Locus:

http://www.locusmag.com/2008/Westfahl_Wall-E.html
Paul_Campbell

Postby demorganakamark on Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:57 pm

THIS MAY CONTAIN A SPOILER IM NOT SURE, SO DONT READ IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE...THIS COMMENT IS MEANT FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE SEEN THE MOVIE ........GOT IT..GOOOD...SO, NO COMPLAINTS...OK, LETS ROLL

thought that the movie was well done..but, i was expecting more..just something a little more....MAYBE A SPOILER......it kinda reminded me of 2001.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby jodi on Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:38 pm

I took my kids to see this yesterday. We loved it! There were quite a few childless adults and couples there also. It has all the elements of a great movie...action, adventure, thoughtful message, even a little romance. Didn't seem to go over the younger kids heads, yet wasn't too dumbed down for everyonelse either. Go see it if you haven't.
I heart
jodi

Return to Movies and TV