What I'm Watching...

Talk about what you're watchin'.

What I'm Watching...

Postby val04463 on Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:21 pm

Everyone in Maine is watching a Pair of Bald Eagles who have a nest on the Coast....They laid their eggs starting Tuesday and now we are all watching Mama set on her eggs live. It is hard to imagine she can keep them warm enough..Its been below zero here all week!!

http://www2.briloon.org/ed/eagle/index.htm

That's probab;ly why the site got bogged down..I saw a piece on ther Channel 5 news this morning also..We are all on the Cutting Edge of Eagle Warching!!
val04463

Postby Dana_Jean on Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:25 pm

Last year, I watched eagle parents sitting on their nest in Canada. It was also a live feed and it was so fascinating to watch them. But, unfortunately, the eggs did not hatch, so they moved the Eagle Cam to another nesting pair whose babies had already hatched. It was very interesting. They were supposed to set up a Bear Cam, but I don't know if they ever did.

Okay, I just went and checked, and it was the Eagles of Hornby Island Streaming Eagle Cam. Like I said, very cool. Now on the Infotec site, they have a streaming grizzly bear cam and an Africam, which is watching some waterhole in Africa. Both of these could be very educational.

http://www.infotecbusinesssystems.com/wildlife/

Here's the link to that if anyone is interested. Just click on Wildlife and then whichever cam you want to watch. Could be cool.
Dana_Jean

eagle site

Postby mylife4usk on Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:16 pm

Hey I went to the Vancouver eagle cam site last year, that was cool. I hadn't heard about a grizzly bear one though, VERY cool. I just went but it's hard to make out, it's either snowing or the wind is blowing it all around.
Will have to check back in frequently to see what's up.

Thanks!
Joe Hill's, uh...#1 fan, CJ

"If I'm in a buttload of pain, I need a buttload of pills."
Gregory House, Finding Judas episode
mylife4usk

Postby aaron2010 on Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:19 pm

Wow! Very cool. Thanks.

Postby Janice on Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:40 am

Ugh. I'm watching this straight-to-DVD horror movie called 'The Devil's Den'. That's two hours of my life I'll never get back. It's basically a cross between 'From Dusk til Dawn' and 'Evil Dead II'. Terrible stuff.

Last week, I rented 'Mirrormask' for my baby, and it was surprisingly well done. Despite being a kid's movie, it had some genuinely creepy moments, and I think it's a great introduction to fantasy/horror for kids. Better than that Goosebumps stuff, anyhow.

So next up for me is...'Suspiria'. It's an old Dario Argento flick. Please, god, let it not suck. I don't think I can sit through another poorly plotted, horribly acted slasher movie.
*A sobering thought: What if, at this very moment, I AM living up to my full potential?

Janice

Postby aaron2010 on Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:20 am

I just saw Serenity for the first time the other day. I really liked it. Now I have to watch Firefly.

Postby sybil on Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:56 pm

thanks, DJ and val. the eagle is really cool, and those hummingbirds are mesmerizing! haven't seen anything on the africam yet, darnit....but the grizzly twins just came back to their den and went to sleep. cool!
sybil

Postby grasking on Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:59 pm

The Shield. This show is great!
grasking

Postby mylife4usk on Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:38 pm

poisonlily wrote:wooohooo I'm watching HOUSE right now. LOVE this show.

I love House, too. Infact it's the only show I watch., well especially since American Idol pretty much sucks this season.

Some cool House'isms:

"I thought I'd get your theories, mock them, then embrace my own. The usual."
- Merry Little Christmas

"This thing won me second place in the clinic's weekly 'Weirdest thing pulled out of an orifice' contest."
- Finding Judas

"Could have left the scarf at home and just told him you'd be wearing a look of desperation."
- Insensitive

"I was curious. Since I'm not a cat, that's not dangerous."
- Insensitive

"When I lead the big patient rebellion, Voldemort here is the first to go."
- Words and Deeds

"I told you never to call me when I'm on trial."
- Words and Deeds

"Go up his rear and get a smear. Which reminds me, kinda feel like a bagel."
- Lines in the Sand

"Is this an intervention? You're a little late, since I'm not using drugs anymore. I am, however, still hooked on phonics."
- Cane and Able

I love this guy, but he's such an asshole... so I'm not sure why. I must feel bad for him or something. <shrug>
Joe Hill's, uh...#1 fan, CJ

"If I'm in a buttload of pain, I need a buttload of pills."
Gregory House, Finding Judas episode
mylife4usk

Postby sybil on Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:18 pm

ok, back to the topic (not that i mind the chatter, ya unnerstand)....i just saw an elephant cross the africam, and then a group of somethings way back on the other side of the pool. i looked up and saw the elephant and hollered, "elephant!" and scared the crap out of my boss, LOL!
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby Dana_Jean on Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:12 pm

I got to see zebra once. I haven't gotten to see the hummingbirds yet and the bears were always fuzzed up because of the weather. I'm gonna go take a look now.
Dana_Jean

Postby Mercy on Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:32 am

I tried the link you've got DJ, but it doesn't seem to be working....or my pc's being weird again (that happens from time to time). *Forces me to go watch the jack rabbits chase the deer around my front yard*

(Pssst poisonlilly, I think House is awesome too, I get to sit and laugh my ass off for a whole hour. It's kinda a rarety, unless I come here to read the boards...)
Mercy

Postby sybil on Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:01 am

no worries, poisonlily....i just thought if i suddenly changed from house to africa, people would go, "huh?!" LOL...spam rules here, it seems like, and you've got a point anyway about "what i'm watching." hope you didn't think i was spanking ya. but i could if you like...... :twisted:
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby Dana_Jean on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:04 am

As far as the Africam link, They must be having trouble on their end. I just used the link last night and it worked fine. Hopefully they'll get that fixed. Sorry it's messing up. Very kewl when you see something fun.
Dana_Jean

Postby sybil on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:19 am

i'm looking at it right now...saw a wildebeast.
i gnu what it was.

:roll:

edited...ooh, there were a WHOLE BUNCH of them just now. looks like it's going to storm - hope so!

oh, and the grizzly-cam is clear now...haven't seen the bears for a while, tho.
janis the joeker
sybil

Next

Return to Movies and TV