Worst feeling in the world

Talk about what you're watchin'.

Re: Worst feeling in the world

Postby doodoobird on Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:14 pm

Unplanned pregnancies, job layoffs, that not so fresh feeling, are all bad, for sure. These are all things that suck. But but but (singing voice) butttttt But I still think musicals take the cakeeeeeee.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby LauraK on Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:14 pm

the weekend that the travolta movie( hogs or something) beat out GRINDHOUSE.....

Wasn't that awful??? Even though Planet Terror was surprisingly the better of the 2 movies, it was such an awesome experience!! I was shocked at how few fans came out and sat their asses in the theater long enough to enjoy the experience. Weenies. Like they don't sit on their couches for longer periods of time at home. *sigh*

DDB...come on, man! When the musical has lyrics like this you need to keep watching:

There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
And it's filled with people who are filled with shit
And the vermin of the world inhabit it.
But not for long...

They all deserve to die.
Tell you why, Mrs. Lovett, tell you why.
Because in all of the whole human race
Mrs. Lovett, there are two kinds of men and only two
There's the one staying put in his proper place
And the one with his foot in the other one's face
Look at me, Mrs Lovett, look at you.

No, we all deserve to die
Tell you why, Mrs. Lovett, tell you why.
Because the lives of the wicked should be made brief
For the rest of us death will be a relief
We all deserve to die.

And then the throat-cuttings and the flesh-meat-pies and revenge.....ahh, sweet Sweeney Todd, how I loved it.

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby LauraK on Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:15 pm

ThisGirl- you are totally normal! I have no doubt that once that baby's here you will love it just as much as your daughter.

Now you'll have 2 kids who can look after you when you get old, how bout that? :D

LK

LauraK

Postby doodoobird on Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:21 pm

I stopped watching at exactly that song, stayed just long enough to watch the throats being slit. You know what, am gonna give it another chance. I WAS digging it, despite the singing. Once I heard the singing I was just too pissed to keep watching even though I should have. So next time its on, I will watch the whole thing.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby Florida on Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:27 pm

doodoobird wrote:I stopped watching at exactly that song, stayed just long enough to watch the throats being slit. You know what, am gonna give it another chance. I WAS digging it, despite the singing. Once I heard the singing I was just too pissed to keep watching even though I should have. So next time its on, I will watch the whole thing.

rofl!
I am so mad at this movie for daring to question my manlihood!
our love lives because i live.
Florida

Postby grasking on Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:32 pm

I do like Monty Python's tunes.

grasking

Postby grasking on Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:33 pm

Or this one.

grasking

Postby grasking on Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:36 pm

DDB, always look on the bright side of life.

grasking

Postby Melissa on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:45 am

My "worst feeling" this week was when my mom called yesterday and told me she's been laid off from her job....I hate that for her. But it was immediately followed by HUGE feelings of thankfullness that I still have one in these times!!!
The devil's voice is sweet to hear.
Stephen King
Melissa

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:00 am

Melissa wrote:My "worst feeling" this week was when my mom called yesterday and told me she's been laid off from her job....I hate that for her. But it was immediately followed by HUGE feelings of thankfullness that I still have one in these times!!!

Geez...that's rough Melissa. I hope she finds something else soon. I think most people these days have either gotten laid-off or are worried about one coming up. Sending good vibes...
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:02 am

Speaking of bad feelings...have you ever woken up in the morning with the feeling that something bad is going to happen? I do that periodically and most of the time nothing bad happens, but I hate it. I woke up with it this morning.

Betsy_Boo

Postby LauraK on Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:44 pm

Lily, I was the same. I thought I wanted 2 but once I had Jacob and years started passing- I just couldn't imagine having another. I'd feel like it was taking away from him a bit...he has asperger's and I want my attention focused on him when he needs it. Little bugger came home a few weeks ago and told me that so-and-so in his class is older than him and has a baby sister- so see!!?? I could have a baby, lol!

LK

LK

LauraK

Postby sybil on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:34 pm

musicals are great, especially this one...the songs are hilarious! i've watched sound of musical more than 20 times, i'll bet. there are some that suck. and it sucks if you're not expecting it, i can see how that would.
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby doodoobird on Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:47 pm

Ideally, I would like to have two boys and one girl. And at least one of the boys would have to be older then the girl, to protect her and kick her future boyfriends asses so I wont go to jail. Ideally. Also, I could never get serious with a women if she does not want kids. Never never never. I look forward to one day being a father. I have some experience with taking a big part in raising my little sis and based on that I think that raising a child is the most wonderful thing in the world. Of course, the first few years can really really suck. Constant crying, changing diapers, always worrying. The crying part is the worse in my opinion. Especially in the middle of the night. HOLY SHIT, it can be a pain in the ass. And the worrying is probably just as bad, its just that all these years later (my little sis is now 12) its what I remember the most. Worrying over everything. Just seeing that tiny baby, so fragile, so defenseless, makes your mind race with all the potential harmful dangers out there. Still, nothing is like raising a child. Wonderful.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:49 pm

Hey...I probably wouldn't have had 2 if they hadn't been twins. But the truth is, now I'm glad I have them. That's how it goes I think...you don't know how you feel about having 2 kids until you've got 'em and then you can't imagine your life without 'em!

Betsy_Boo

PreviousNext

Return to Movies and TV