Worst feeling in the world

Talk about what you're watchin'.

Re: Worst feeling in the world

Postby doodoobird on Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:15 pm

yeah, I remember when my mom was pregnant with my little sis 12 years ago. My family was dealing with our hardest financial trial ever. There was already five of us and the new one around the corner was really a late arrival, I'll just say. Honestly, no one was really exited for another one. In fact, it was almost dreaded. Everything changed when we all first laid our eyes on her, such a precious thing. It quickly turned joyous. And today, that little girl ended up being the best thing that ever happened to my family. Most well behaved, straight A honor roll, better in almost every way then all of us who came before. I think this situation can apply to most people. Once it comes everything changes. Or at least, it should. :D :P
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby This_Girl on Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:21 pm

Awww, DDB - that is really so nice. What a lucky sister!
My parents know my concerns since they were once hounding me to have another. My father was thrilled with the news (Yes, I am telling people even though it is entirely too early / just family and people online, LOL) and said "Your mom and I had a hell of a lot less to offer you kids when we were starting our famiy. You make do - Don't worry, just take care of your family and it will be fine."
I think your posts in here have been very sweet, DDB.
This_Girl

Postby doodoobird on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:22 pm

Thank you. Am not trying to be sweet, its just how I see things.
Yeah, my little Sis is very special. The mot important person in MY life. I almost see her as a daughter, in some ways, being that I had such a large role in raising her. You see, my mom was very sick for one too many years following her birth (by the way, 100% better now.) and dad was working one too many jobs. Both of my older brothers were away doing there thing (Marines) and my other little sis (only two years younger then me) and I were doing a lot of the 'raising'. A wonderful experience, though tough. I remember during her first two years her crib was in my room (a small porch turned into a room) while I was a freshmen in high school. Oh my God, I will never forget how hard it was, especially year 1, crying all thru the night, having to put her back to sleep only to repeat the process an hour later, not to mention getting up for school at 6 in the morning. I give a lot of credit to you ladies. GOD BLESS YOU FOR WHAT YOU DO, so much more stressful then what the 'man' does in the traditional roles. Anyway, a lot of my views of kids come from my experience. Like abortion, One of the few atheist you will find against it. I just think that every child (except for extreme extreme extreme situations.), no matter how fucked up its start in life will be, deserves a chance. Just my opinion, but I also understand its easy for me to say being that I don have to spit it out and all. I sooooo spoil my sister. I think in a way I live vicariously thru her, getting her anything she wants, WHATEVER she wants, something I certainly never had growing up. But you know what, unlike me, she deserves it. That kid is soooo dedicated to school, something I never seen in a child. And God is she smart for her age. Its funny, she is already going thru her existential phase, at 12, questioning exsistence. But I also teach her that the reason why I get her everything is because of her grades, and the lesson is that if you keep it up you will be able rich and prosperous, being able to get almost anything this country has to offer. Anyway, I cant end this so sweet and cuddly. Its not me. So, in typical DooDoobird fashion: Concerning giving birth, spitting one out as I mentioned earlier. I once was sooooo costipated that I nearly fainted getting it out, GOD WAS IT A STRUGGLE. Now I know what it must be like giving birth........ TAKING A BIG CONSTAPATED DOO DOO!!!!!!!!!!! HAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS WHY AM THE DOODOOBIRD.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby Florida on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:50 pm

I can remember when I found out I was pregnant...I was 16 and it was in the bathroom of a Winn-Dixie. It felt like the whole world was ending. But then after I gave it some good thought I just knew it was the right thing to have him...and now he's 12 like DDB's sister and he's so damn smart and loves to read and loves art. I look at his eyes and every thing I gave up for him was so worth it.
As much of a tool as my husband turned out to be...the best thing he ever did was to knock me up in the back of a VW bug under a full moon while listening to a tape of The Doors.
our love lives because i live.
Florida

Postby Melissa on Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:38 am

Florida wrote:I can remember when I found out I was pregnant...I was 16 and it was in the bathroom of a Winn-Dixie.

HA - I was 16 and in the bathroom of my friend's parent's laundromat!!!!
The devil's voice is sweet to hear.
Stephen King
Melissa

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:42 am

Oh DDB...you're such a goof-ball! But I have to agree with TG...you are very sweet! You're sister is a lucky girl.

And Florida...I can't imagine how scary that must have been at 16! And you proved that even under the hardest circumstances you can get through it and be happy. I hope you realize how strong you are!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Rhymer on Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:45 pm

Florida wrote:You really wanna know what the worst feeling in the world is?

Calling the house you used to share with your husband and hearing the 20 year old hood rat he left your for in the background...nothing comes close.

That was the absolute most depressing post I've ever read. I'm so sorry to hear that.
Rhymer

Postby Florida on Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:48 pm

Thanks...lol
Do I get a prize for "Most Depressing Post"?
our love lives because i live.
Florida

Postby LauraK on Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:46 pm

Naw, just let us know when you hear that she's left him for some younger stud. I hope karma bites his ass...hard.

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Rhymer on Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:10 pm

Something will eventually get him. It might not be karma... but it'll get him.
Rhymer

Previous

Return to Movies and TV