Worst feeling in the world

Talk about what you're watchin'.

Worst feeling in the world

Postby doodoobird on Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:16 pm

Maybe not THE worst but certainly a shitty one.

When you really getting into a movie. Interesting plot. Realistic characters. So on and so forth. Then, in the middle of a particularly moving part, one of the characters breaks out in a song and then you realize that the movie you were starting to get into is a fucking musical. God I hate musicals. Does anyone share this sentiment. A clue to how much I hate them is the fact that I took time away from sunday football to start a thread on how much I hate them. Really, who the fuck starts singing in the middle of a conversation and expects anyone to do anything other then look at them like they have a mental disorder, let alone start singing too. :lol:
Yo mama
doodoobird

Re: Worst feeling in the world

Postby demorganakamark on Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:08 pm

what movie is this
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby LauraK on Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:41 pm

Can't be Sweeney Todd since the singing starts right in at the beginning....lol.

Sorry, dude. I thought you were going to say you'd gotten into the movie and then the disc effed up. I HATE that.

As for the surprise singing? Yep, that has to suck having that happen unexpectedly. Then you get that oogy embarrassed feeling.....

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby grasking on Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:33 pm

I can't stand musicals, except for the South Park movie.
grasking

Postby doodoobird on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:06 pm

IT WAS Sweeney Todds. I caught it a little into the movie already. I was really digging it. I liked the whole vibe, the atmosphere of it. It was dark, a little morbid, kind of depressing, in a good way. Then Johnny Depp starts singing, but I didnt catch it at first because it was almost like he was talking, a slight harmony to it. Then when the person he was talking (singing) to replied in a similar fashion I said, 'oh fuck, its a goddamn musical', to myself, very pissed. Maybe its a good movie, I just could never get into a musical for some reason. Maybe because they are kind of gay (remember, so as not to offend, we had a talk about the different meanings of 'gay'.). Very gay, in fact.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby doodoobird on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:09 pm

Is it directed by the same person who did 'a nightmare before Christmas'? And Edward fucked up hands? Has to be. It has that same distinct vibe.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby Florida on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:58 pm

You really wanna know what the worst feeling in the world is?

Calling the house you used to share with your husband and hearing the 20 year old hood rat he left your for in the background...nothing comes close.
our love lives because i live.
Florida

Postby LauraK on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:05 pm

Sweeney Todd rocked. Yes, directed by Tim Burton. Some of the most splashy throat slashings you'll ever see and a great ending that is very dark......very revenge-driven. Not gay, nope....not at all. You should give it another try.

Oooh, Florida. That does suck. Hopefully karma will do its work and one day she'll leave him for a young hottie stud.

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby doodoobird on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:19 pm

Am, Florida.............. way to be Debbie Downer. HA!!! Just kidding. Yeah, that sucks. But you know what, I bet that 'hood rat' wont do half the shit you did for him. I bet she dont cook. Clean. Do anything besides spend his money. Thats your typical hood rat. I should know. Been with a few. So fuck him. And his hood rat girlfriend.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby grasking on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:27 pm

"Your little hoodrat friend makes me sick, but after I get sick I just get sad."

grasking

Postby demorganakamark on Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:43 am

dont dare talk about the director and creator of FRANKENWEINER
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:30 am

The worst feeling in the world for me was when my husband told me just before he left for work this morning that his company is announcing a new round of lay-offs soon. This economy blows.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Florida on Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:04 am

grasking wrote:"Your little hoodrat friend makes me sick, but after I get sick I just get sad."

That was awesome...you guys sure know how to cheer a girl up...lol
our love lives because i live.
Florida

Postby doodoobird on Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:46 am

Hoodrats are generally very classy girls.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby This_Girl on Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:48 pm

Oh BB and Florida!! Those are bad feelings!

And DDB - Yes, finding you may be enjoying something then BAM it is something you dislike must be a bad feeling....LOL. Musicals aren't my thing, but I can stomach them and if I like the story I can listen to the singing...as strange as it is. (People breaking into song all of the time)

The worst feeling in the world.....was Saturday. Not being *overcome with joy* when seeing the result of a certain test one takes at home.
This_Girl

Next

Return to Movies and TV