CHINESE DEMOCRACY

What are you listening to now, and why isn't it Marah?

CHINESE DEMOCRACY

Postby doodoobird on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:04 am

Any Guns n roses fans here????????
It seems the long awaited Chinese Democracy will finally be coming out next month. Only been waiting around 15 years. I still will have to see it to believe it. Should be some good music in a time that desperately needs it.

CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yo mama
doodoobird

Re: CHINESE DEMOCRACY

Postby demorganakamark on Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:41 am

Ive been gone( f you havent noticed..). Ill believe it when i see it out in stores.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby doodoobird on Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:25 am

I will believe in when I hear the first single on the radio. Until then, bullshit.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby demorganakamark on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:54 am

I agree..until i hear some definite proof that its coming out...Im skepitical.
demorganakamark

Postby doodoobird on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:51 pm

You went to Greece, Demo?????
Am half greek. Lots of family there. Never been.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby grasking on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:55 pm

I didn't even know Guns n Roses were still around.
grasking

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:32 pm

doodoobird wrote:You went to Greece, Demo?????
Am half greek. Lots of family there. Never been.

Yeah, me and my wife..spent our honeymoon there..at Athens and a couple of islands..the traffic in athens is hellish and the boat rides are sometimes like a rollercoaster( up and down..wife got sick)....it was great experience..the street food is so much better than the restaurants...plus a hell of a lot cheaper.
demorganakamark

Postby doodoobird on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:35 pm

Yeah, gnr are still around. The new gnr. Axl is the only original member still in the band. All the others are in velvet revolver. It should be called the Axl Rose project, or something. Either way, Axl is a genius songwriter and he worked on this album for the better part of a decade so it should be great. IF IT ACTUALLY COMES OUT.
Glad you had a good time, Demo. I have been setting it up with this greek chick I know that when I finally make it over to that part of the world to visit family I'll at least have some booty to visit too. YES!!!!!!!!!!
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby mojomofo1 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:03 pm

Hey, I heard the single on the radio yesterday. Meh. :?
mojomofo1

Postby doodoobird on Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:36 pm

I've heard the whole album and its great. I agree, bad choice for a first single, though its still a good song. I think they only released that as the single because its the title track. There are at least 5 or 6 hits on that album.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby doodoobird on Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:44 am

They released another single called 'better'. That should have been the real first single but they released the title track just because its the title track. Better is such an awesome song. Has so many elements of different genres of music and Axl some how makes it blend into this real cohesive rocking song. Actually, the whole album is like that. By the way, for anyone interested, most will think that this album, no matter how good (and it IS good), will ever live up to the hype of 10 plus years. But here is the thing that most people interested dont know: chinese democracy is meant to be a trilogy but instead of releasing all three albums at once (originally they were but the music industry is sooo fucked these days that it would not work), they are releasing the first one on sunday, the second some time in 09 and the third sometime in 2010. Its all done and ready. They could have taken the best tracks off of the other two album and put them on this one to make it even better but they decided to instead have more music out and release three really good album instead of one masterpiece. I have read a few reviews of this album and they are such bullshit because people are judging it based off of all the bullshit that came along with the making of this album, like most of the original band members leaving, all the years it took to release it (by the way, most of the wait was due to legal issues rather then Axl not being able to finish the album), and the millions it took for producing it. The two reviews I read that actually based their review on the actual music rather then all the bullshit, loved the album.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby Shane on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:26 pm

doodoobird wrote:They released another single called 'better'. That should have been the real first single but they released the title track just because its the title track. Better is such an awesome song.

I always thought "Better" was among the best of the tracks I initially heard, too.

... people are judging it based off of all the bullshit that came along with the making of this album, like most of the original band members leaving, all the years it took to release it (by the way, most of the wait was due to legal issues rather then Axl not being able to finish the album)

My instinct was to ask where you got this perspective, but I suspect it's not from any one source and rather from a compilation of rumor, message board posts, and other sources. That comes across as more negative than I mean, Doo'... but, everything I ever read about this album, dating back years and years (and years) ago, suggests that though Axl has had some legal entanglements over the years, that it's not at all to be believed for the reason this album was delayed. It's all been because Axl is a perfectionist and continually changed his mind about everything. And, I do mean *everything*.

Still, I just read a perfectly great review that pulled no punches and seemed to back up all that I've known about the project. It gave it a great grade, too. Got me looking forward to finally listening to it.
Shane
Site Admin

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:00 pm

If it rocks..it rocks.
demorganakamark

Postby doodoobird on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:34 pm

yeah, your right.

As for Axl being a perfectionist, your also right. But the album was ready to go for at least three years but they had to get past a shitload of legal hurdles. Just those three years, the previous 8 or so was Axl, no doubt, that crazy fuck. Axl Fucked me over, by the way. When I saw him a few years back he came on stage three hours late and because of that I missed the last train home and was stranded in Manhattan until 7 in the morning, that asshole.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby grasking on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:27 pm

Does Tommy Stinson playing bass on the new album?
grasking

Next

Return to Music