Does anyone recognize this?

What are you listening to now, and why isn't it Marah?

Does anyone recognize this?

Postby Dana_Jean on Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:26 am

When I was in high school, my friend and I loved the following song:

She, she, she
put the light on,
baby put the light on me.
She, she, she
put the light on
baby put the light on
right on me.

It was a 1978 or 1979 song. It played on the radio for such a short time, neither of us can remember who sang it or what it was called. She put the light on? Who knows? But, we both remember it, but no one else we ask does.

Do any of you recognize this song? Do you know who sang it?

Thanks for any help.
Dana_Jean

Re: Does anyone recognize this?

Postby Shane on Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:39 am

I thought it was something else at first -- a Big Head Todd and the Monsters tune that you were mishearing. But, after a quick look, I found it was Brownsville Station's "Lady (Put The Light On Me)" instead. Joe Cocker did a cover of it, too... so only you'd know which version you're recalling. :)
Shane
Site Admin

Postby Dana_Jean on Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:34 pm

1977 could possibly be it and that was when Brownsville did it. This has been driving us batty for years trying to remember who sang this song. How did you do that Shane? How did you find that? I've Googled myself silly with the lyrics, looking at Top 100 lists trying to see if something rang a bell, asking people who had no clue what I was talking about.

I don't think it's Cocker because he's got such a distinctive sound, I think I would have remember his version.

Now, the 64 thousand dollar question: Where can I find it to listen to it to see if it's the right one? I got to a Brownsville Station snippet of it, but I can't tell if it's the right song or not from the part they play. I really need to hear the whole thing.

Thanks Shane. I really appreciate it.
Dana_Jean

Postby Shane on Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:05 pm

Dana Jean wrote:Now, the 64 thousand dollar question: Where can I find it to listen to it to see if it's the right one?

Well, I'm going to assume that you have heard this: http://bs.angeltowns.com/jukeboxsong13.html

so, the only other place that's "easily" (and, legally) found would be to go here: http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/shows/14816

About halfway down, there's a link for the whole show, but the song is the first one from a long broadcast. It's the whole tune, too. You'll need RealPlayer or something similar to hear it though, but that's a free program.

I'll take a cashier's check. :wink:
Shane
Site Admin

Postby Dana_Jean on Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:13 pm

Yes, the snippet I heard came from the top link.

The bottom link took me to the pot of gold. Thanks Shane, that was the one.

I've finished Harry Potter and I know the name of this lost song from my past: I can die now. Good bye.
Dana_Jean

Postby grasking on Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:51 pm

You had an Al Bundy moment. Go with him...
grasking

Return to Music