Great music

What are you listening to now, and why isn't it Marah?

Great music

Postby doodoobird on Sat May 03, 2008 1:54 am

I am a huge music fan and would like to put you guys and gals with some good stuff (something i love to do, bringing joy to others. kind of like santa claus or JESUS herself.)
Devin Townsend- fucking genius. Hard to label. If I had to i would call it progressive metal but the guy has a little bit of everything. Has a boatload of albums. Most of the music is done by the man himself. I kind of discovered him by accident and am SOOOOOOOO grateful i did. It was like finding buried treasure. I would suggest for anyone interested to start with OCEAN MACHINE as an album to get you into his music.
Mars Volta- FUCKING GENIUS again. They have four albums out and each one is unique and amazing. These guys are off the wall. I would label (which is hard to do) as progressive rock. The vocals are all over the place but are very reminecent of robert plant. Omar the guitar player is truly one of the great guitar players of our time. He makes most modern rock guitar players look like amatures. Another great thing about this band is they dish out an album like every year and their all great.
Strapping Young Lad- There a death metal band and not for everyone. Devin Townsend who i mentioned above is the lead singer. Its his real band while his solo stuff is considered his side work though i like his solo stuff better. If your into death metal and never checked these guys out your insane.
Tool- the most popular band on my list. They need no intoduction
If your into rock or metal check these groups out if you haven't. Great music that will entertain and inspire. If any of you listen to these bands please drop a line and back up these great musicians and possibly help put other people on. Peace. :idea:
doodoobird

Postby grasking on Wed May 14, 2008 7:33 pm

I dunno. I think this is pretty great.

King Krimson - "Elephant Talk"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4KbR4yC ... re=related
grasking

Postby doodoobird on Wed May 14, 2008 10:04 pm

I agree
doodoobird

Postby Dana_Jean on Thu May 15, 2008 7:47 am

grasking wrote:I dunno. I think this is pretty great.

King Krimson - "Elephant Talk"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4KbR4yC ... re=related

And I think the elephant was saying, "Sweet Jesus, put me out of my misery." :wink:
Dana_Jean

Re: Great music

Postby Jason_Davidson on Fri May 30, 2008 12:26 pm

doodoobird wrote: Devin Townsend- fucking genius. Hard to label. If I had to i would call it progressive metal but the guy has a little bit of everything. Has a boatload of albums. Most of the music is done by the man himself. I kind of discovered him by accident and am SOOOOOOOO grateful i did. It was like finding buried treasure. I would suggest for anyone interested to start with OCEAN MACHINE as an album to get you into his music.

Hey doodoobird
devin towsend used to sing for steve vai's band-you ever hear that stuff?
he has a great voice. glad to hear he's still out there making music.
Jason_Davidson

Return to Music