Hair Bands!!!

What are you listening to now, and why isn't it Marah?

Postby Mike_Lowrie on Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:54 pm

I am 27 so Hair Bands were really really shitty to me and most of the people my age who loved Hard Rock. I Love grundge and I Love nu metal.
No Comment!
Mike_Lowrie

Postby Jane on Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:50 pm

val04463 wrote:My kids have always kiddingly made fun of me and my love of Def L. 2 years ago my 26 year old Hippie daughter was to be wed...The ceremony was beside a river, at sunset...Every thing was ecofriendly...I even had to promise to collect, wash and reuse the plastic silverware at least 3 more times...

Any way...I had helped her with all the computer graphics for the invitations etc, so when she and her beloved finished writing their vows I offered to create a lasting memento of them on special paper with a beautiful font,

When I got to hers, between "I promise to respect you as I do the Earth"
and "I will never club a baby seal" (OK Those may not be the exact lines, but you get my point.).....I inserted..."....I'm hot, sticky sweet, from my head down to my feet....

I'm not entirely sure I would have mentioned it to them had they not noticed it before the ceremony....

Now that there is a glimpse into my world..despite it, my kids are very sane, productive, and loving.

HAHAHAHOHOHOHAHAHA val that was soo great!

damn kids. they tell everybody how I scarred them by singing Stevie Miller songs (Rockin Me Baby, c'mon if that's not a lullabye I don't know what is) and making them play rock trivia as I drove them to school each day..I would have loved having parents like us! son's first words were Chevy Van ok?
Jane

Postby Janice on Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:56 pm

I hear ya, Jane. My son's teachers always send home alarmed notes when he sings the Ramones in class. But really - what's cuter than a 4 year old singing 'Blitzkrieg Bop'??

Although I will admit, it also cracks me up when he starts singing 'Walk' from Pantera.

Hmm. I don't know where he gets it. Must be from his father's side. :twisted:
*A sobering thought: What if, at this very moment, I AM living up to my full potential?

Janice

Postby grasking on Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:43 pm

What's so alarming about a child singing Ramones songs?

Anyway, there's a cover hairband that plays in my area called Aquanet. It's a double whammy; I don't care for cover bands, and I really don't care for hairbands. But I go because it's hilarious watching my buddy dance and get rejected by the ladies.
grasking

Postby Janice on Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:35 pm

Well, when he's singing about drugs and shock treatment, even with his mispronunciations, the teachers' eyebrows are bound to raise a little...

I guess they think The Wiggles are more apprpriate. *shudders*
*A sobering thought: What if, at this very moment, I AM living up to my full potential?

Janice

Postby grasking on Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:47 pm

Maybe you should teach him some Clash songs like "Straight to Hell", "The Guns of Brixton", "Clampdown", "Bankrobber", "Coca-Cola", "London's Burning", "Spanish Bombs", "Police and Thieves", "Police on My Back", or "Janie Jones." Really mess with the teacher's head.

Or better yet "Destroy 2000 Years of Culture" or "Delete Yourself" by Atari Teenage Riot.
grasking

Postby val04463 on Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:40 pm

My kids spent many a Sunday riding around in my VW Van singing *OOO That Smell..can't you smell that smell?!

And"Oh I was Born a Fraggle Man"..guess Ramblin' wasn't a word they knew...
val04463

Postby Samoa_Girl on Wed May 02, 2007 2:49 pm

My cousin was about 2 or 3 and we taught her AC/DC's Big Balls. She was running round daycare singing...I've got big balls...It was sooo wrong but hillarious all at the same time!!! I felt so sorry for all the girls that ran that daycare. Trying to explain why their children came home knowing that song.
Sometimes I get the urge to run around naked, but then I drink some Windex and it keeps me from streaking.
Samoa_Girl

Postby sybil on Thu May 03, 2007 10:43 am

LMAO, samoagirl!
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby Charlie on Thu May 03, 2007 9:02 pm

Memmer when all the peachers and such where going on about Dio being satanic and then one day I was watching a Chevy Siverado truck ad on the tv and what was playig in the background? No, not Bob's 'Like a Rock' but Dio's 'King of the Siver Mountian'
Chevy is the debil!
Savatage was good, as was most of the others mentioned.

d, Def L, Ozzy, Foreigner, Styx, ZZ Top and a couple others are going to be in concert in Vegas here real quick. And of course, Prince has his show at the Rio. I think I know someone who is in need of a Vegas vacation!

Anyone remember The Dead Milkmen or Green Jello? Funny ass music
A happy day makes for short conversations, while tragic days can fill shelves.

"...so we crashed the gate doin' 98 sayin' let them truckers roll 10-4..." C.W. McCall
Charlie

Postby Janice on Fri May 04, 2007 12:53 am

The Dead Milkmen!!!! Holy shit!!! I may have been barely more than a tyke when I started listening to them (what can I say?? I'm precocious), but they cracked me up!! Did you ever hear their "song" about pork sausage, Charlie?? Sometimes when I look like I'm thinking really hard, I'm just kinda singing that song to myself in my head...

Aww. Now that you brought it up, I kinda miss them. I wish Vh1 would do a 'behind the music' thing on them. I bet there was a lot of acid and THC involved with the writing of their music.

Janice

Postby mommyd on Fri May 04, 2007 9:32 am

Charlie wrote:

d, Def L, Ozzy, Foreigner, Styx, ZZ Top and a couple others are going to be in concert in Vegas here real quick. And of course, Prince has his show at the Rio. I think I know someone who is in need of a Vegas vacation!

Yes Charlie, I do need a Vegas vacation!!! Prince AND Def Leppard in the same place??? OMG!!!!!!! I feel faint! :wink:

:D
Style is loving yourself 'till everyone else does 2
~ Prince

mommyd

Postby ladystardust214 on Thu May 10, 2007 5:37 pm

I really love Bon Jovi, Guns N' Roses (do they count), Skid Row and Motley Crue.

I LOVE huge 80's hair!!
ladystardust214

Postby grasking on Sat May 12, 2007 1:17 pm

Janice wrote:The Dead Milkmen!!!! Holy shit!!! I may have been barely more than a tyke when I started listening to them (what can I say?? I'm precocious), but they cracked me up!! Did you ever hear their "song" about pork sausage, Charlie?? Sometimes when I look like I'm thinking really hard, I'm just kinda singing that song to myself in my head...

Aww. Now that you brought it up, I kinda miss them. I wish Vh1 would do a 'behind the music' thing on them. I bet there was a lot of acid and THC involved with the writing of their music.

Banana Peels.
grasking

Postby Jane on Fri May 18, 2007 3:14 pm

omg have you heard Tesla covering Led Zep on their new album? just heard it today on the "420 Buzz Track", it's pretty good! I didn't know those guys were still around, wonder if they're still considered a "hair band"?
Jane

PreviousNext

Return to Music