Morrissey/The Smiths

What are you listening to now, and why isn't it Marah?

Morrissey/The Smiths

Postby meridith on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:24 pm

Anyone here like the odd sense of humor of Morrissey? I do obviously or I wouldnt be posting this!!! I also love how liberal he is and he isn't afraid to sing it in his songs. He's into the whole animal rights thing which I love.

I think my favorite song is "every day is like Sunday" because it's so dramatic. "come, come nuclear bomb" I mean how more dramatic can you get? : ) I love his singing voice too...its so...unique.
meridith

Postby jodi on Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:30 pm

Wow! That's a throw back to the 80's! I used to love The Smiths, my favorite album was Louder than Bombs. Shoplifters of the world unite!
I heart
jodi

Postby grasking on Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:00 pm

Strangeways, Here We Come is my favorite.

I remember a critic saying when Morrissey sang it sounded like he was playing with the volume on his Walkman.
grasking

Postby meridith on Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:23 pm

Yes i love Shoplifters of the world unite (and take ooooover!)

He's put out some albums, I think the last one might have been early 2007.

jodi wrote:Wow! That's a throw back to the 80's! I used to love The Smiths, my favorite album was Louder than Bombs. Shoplifters of the world unite!
meridith

Postby Mykk on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:52 am

The Smith's and later Morrisey are fantastic! I think "How soon is now?" is probably one of my favorite tunes of all time.

When you say it's gonna happen "now"
well, when exactly do you mean?
see I've already waited too long
and all my hope is gone

Great music when you are feeling depressed and want to really get into a deep funk.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."
Edgar Allan Poe -
Mykk

Postby Florida on Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:11 pm

Just last year I saw Morrissey with my 11 year old son who totally loves the Smiths. He had a blast and couldn't believe he was actually seeing him in real life...lol
Now he's deep into Rufus Wainwright and Tina Turner. It's safe to say he's not your typical 11 year old boy...lol
our love lives because i live.
Florida

Postby Izydor_Ingwar_I. on Fri May 02, 2008 2:40 am

I used to listen to The Smiths a bit, "This Charming Man" being one of my favourites. And the video always makes me smile as Morrissey twirling some green stuff (don't know if it's a flower or a vegetable) reminds me of that Loituma Girl with her leekspin.
And as I slit it open
It became clear to me that
Scalpel cuts are not as easy to close
As I'd suspected earlier.
Izydor_Ingwar_I.

Postby meridith on Fri May 02, 2008 11:02 pm

anyone watch "My name is Earl?" They played Girlfriend in a coma! I was like "YESSS! It's morrissey!" but I was alone, so it was to myself :p

Izydor Ingwar I. wrote:I used to listen to The Smiths a bit, "This Charming Man" being one of my favourites. And the video always makes me smile as Morrissey twirling some green stuff (don't know if it's a flower or a vegetable) reminds me of that Loituma Girl with her leekspin.
meridith

Postby meridith on Fri May 02, 2008 11:03 pm

Sounds like a pretty cool 11 year old boy to me!

Florida wrote:Just last year I saw Morrissey with my 11 year old son who totally loves the Smiths. He had a blast and couldn't believe he was actually seeing him in real life...lol
Now he's deep into Rufus Wainwright and Tina Turner. It's safe to say he's not your typical 11 year old boy...lol
meridith

kristeenyoung

Postby Florida on Thu May 15, 2008 1:47 am

Those of you who went to the Morrissey tour this past year may have already seen KristeenYoung.
She opened for him and was AMAZING!
I found some video of her live and thought I would share.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NluQNBHzV2o
Her voice is sooo...I wish I could squeal like her.
Anyhoodlers,
She got kicked off the tour because some audience members were chanting Morrissey's name and she said:
"Morrissey gives good head...I mean cunnilingus."

I just realized I've never actually written that last word before. I don't think I spelled it right but you guys don't care, do you?
our love lives because i live.
Florida

Return to Music