New NINE Inch Nails

What are you listening to now, and why isn't it Marah?

New NINE Inch Nails

Postby doodoobird on Mon May 05, 2008 12:20 pm

New Nine Inch Nails album came out. The only way to get it is off of the official site. FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, its not a remix album or anything like that. Its a brand new one. :D :D :D
doodoobird

Re: New NINE Inch Nails

Postby Shane on Mon May 05, 2008 3:09 pm

doodoobird wrote:New Nine Inch Nails album came out. The only way to get it is off of the official site. FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, its not a remix album or anything like that. Its a brand new one. :D :D :D

I've been listening to it off and on all day and I've enjoyed it quite a bit. It'll be interesting to see what kinds of remixes come from it, too. But, I just think it's cool that a band I like, freed now from their contractual obligations, can release anything they want, as often as they want. Ghosts I-IV just came out a couple of months ago, and now The Slip. I'm getting spoiled -- I'll be expecting more music in a couple more months once again! =)
Shane
Site Admin

Postby grasking on Mon May 05, 2008 8:16 pm

Trent's music has been underwhelming me lately. I guess my tastes are changing. But it's good to see him doing things like this for his fans.
grasking

Postby Shane on Mon May 05, 2008 9:11 pm

grasking wrote:Trent's music has been underwhelming me lately. I guess my tastes are changing. But it's good to see him doing things like this for his fans.

After "With Teeth" I was thinking the same thing. I think there's only three songs off that disc that I enjoyed, but they were so strong I listened to them a lot. But, a lot of the other tracks I just couldn't get interested in, and I was discouraged about it seeing as there are long stretches (or, there were!) between NIN releases. But, I've had "Year Zero" well within reach for numerous replays since it came out. If you've not heard that one, it might be worth it for you. I can see why Ghosts I-IV doesn't do it for some people, though. But, like you said -- perhaps your tastes are changing a bit, too. Nothing wrong with that.
Shane
Site Admin

nin

Postby doodoobird on Mon May 05, 2008 11:06 pm

A lot of fans hated 'with teeth' but i thought it was a good album. Less industrial, a lot more organic feel to it. Year Zero was an awesome album that a lot of people didn't get. Its Trent back with the whole concept thing and a lot more industrial driven. I never listened to Ghost, IS THAT THE REMIX THING? 'The slip,' so far am a bit disapointed. It would be the first NIN album to disapoint me. I guess i gotta give it a few more spins. Then again, it is free right? 8)
doodoobird

Re: nin

Postby Shane on Tue May 06, 2008 2:48 pm

doodoobird wrote:I never listened to Ghost, IS THAT THE REMIX THING? 'The slip,' so far am a bit disapointed. It would be the first NIN album to disapoint me. I guess i gotta give it a few more spins. Then again, it is free right? 8)

Right!

One of the more haunting songs I've heard in a long time came from "With Teeth" so I can't fault it completely. It just never took ahold of me, much like this one might not be grabbing you.

Ghosts I-IV is a release from mid-February. It's all instrumentals, nicknamed a 'soundtrack for daydreams'... 36 tracks, I think. If you're not a fan of NIN's instrumental bits, then you're probably fine in skipping it. But, seeing as it's not always mellow, it might be something worth picking up. There are tracks on those discs that I can easily skip over with no guilt, but there are some keepers there, too. Just like with most albums, I guess.
Shane
Site Admin

blabbermouth.net

Postby doodoobird on Tue May 06, 2008 11:58 pm

I wouldnt have know either if not for blabbermouth.net. Thats the place to go to get all the newest music info (not all music. More like rock-metal type music.) :roll:
doodoobird

Postby grasking on Wed May 07, 2008 6:30 pm

Damn! The last time I saw NIN was back in '91.
grasking

stud

Postby doodoobird on Wed May 07, 2008 7:23 pm

I'll go with you poison lilly! Are you of the female type? Is so, I'll be the tall dark and handsome stud on your right are. Wink wink. 8) 8)
doodoobird

Postby doodoobird on Thu May 22, 2008 11:58 pm

forget you, then. DDB is too good for you anyway pussycat. Yes, I refer to myself in the third person. Yes, i called you pussycat...........................................................Just fucking with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahaha.
where did you say you are from? Winnipeg. Where the fuck is that. Bumbbelfuck midwest or somewhere like that?
The big apple is my home, by the way. NIN I gotta see one day, I am sure they will come my way soon.
By the way, has anyone seen them live. I hear their fucking great.
doodoobird

Postby grasking on Fri May 23, 2008 6:59 am

poisonlily wrote:gras...you could go with me. You'd have to get up here to Winnipeg, but whatever. :P

If I could get to Winnipeg, I'd definately go with ya.
grasking

Postby grasking on Fri May 23, 2008 7:00 am

I still have fond memories of '91.
grasking

Next

Return to Music