Nirvana ... do I need to say anything else???

What are you listening to now, and why isn't it Marah?

Nirvana ... do I need to say anything else???

Postby El_Scorcho on Wed May 21, 2008 1:41 am

I went through a phase about a year ago when all I could listen to - ever - was Nirvana. I lived and breathed it, and any other song by any other band was roadkill in comparison.

Fortunately, I've calmed down and once again enjoy a BROAD taste in music, including: Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, Foo Fighters, Weezer (odd one in the bunch?), System of a Down, Korn, Kisschasy, Coldplay (yes, EVEN coldplay) along with hundreds of other talented bands, musicians and psychotics that I have on my iTunes.

I still enjoy Nirvana a great deal (currently molesting Unplugged In New York) and appreciate every they made together in the few short years they were actually TOGETHER.

What's your thoughts on Nirvana and my long, awful rant?

Peace.
Homies.

"Word to your mother" - Vanilla Ice (did he, like, die?)
Peace, Love, Empathy - Words of Kurt
El_Scorcho

Postby Florida on Wed May 21, 2008 6:25 am

Vanilla Ice didn't die, he's actively beating his wife in Miami or thereabouts...

Anyway,
I really dug Nirvana when I was in High School. But now when I listen to it it just sounds like noise. The only thing I still listen to that I did in High School is Eddie Vedder.
After High School I branched out into more new/dark wave type stuff.
our love lives because i live.
Florida

Postby This_Girl on Wed May 21, 2008 8:32 am

I pledged allegiance to Nirvana, LOL. They were "my" band of choice. I was crushed when he passed away. (can I still say it nicely like that....I don't like to say it they way it really went down) I still enjoy listening to Nirvana but I don't have them on nearly...not even close to what I once did.
And, I am proud to say, in order to let go of that obsession - I have NEVER searched for them on YouTube, Ebay for signed stuff, or projectplaylist for ALL the rare and/or live music :wink: Honestly scared I would not ever stop. I only have them on CD and a select few songs on my myspace.

Glad you have moved onto to listening to others. I still love Nirvana and it will always be dear to me. Their music represents a part of my past I can never erase and I hope to never feel the need. Anyway...it's good to listen to others that "can" release new material you may or may not like. They won't be able to, you know?
This_Girl

Postby Dana_Jean on Wed May 21, 2008 9:31 am

Florida wrote:Vanilla Ice didn't die, he's actively beating his wife in Miami or thereabouts...

haoheohaeohaoehoahehaohaohaaa!!

Okay. Wife beating isn't funny; but that was a great line Florida.

Word to your mutha.
Dana_Jean

Postby Florida on Wed May 21, 2008 9:35 am

The Dude abides...
Florida

Postby doodoobird on Wed May 21, 2008 10:52 pm

Nirvana was my fav band in middle school. Still great, a lot of great music out there, guy. Dont limit yourself.
doodoobird

Postby demorganakamark on Thu May 22, 2008 2:28 am

I go in and out of favor wiith nirvana, i like the music , but i dont respect the end of it all.....
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby grasking on Thu May 22, 2008 6:59 am

Great Pixies, Vaselines covers band.
grasking

Postby val04463 on Thu May 22, 2008 7:01 am

I am torn when I Sub Teach..the kids idolize Cobain the way many did Jim Morrison...yet I have to point out that musical geniuses some times make bad, bad choices!!
val04463

Postby grasking on Thu May 22, 2008 7:05 am

val04463 wrote:I am torn when I Sub Teach..the kids idolize Cobain the way many did Jim Morrison...yet I have to point out that musical geniuses some times make bad, bad choices!!

Yeah, marrying that whore Courtney Love was a huge mistake.

I like Nirvana but I wouldn't go as far as calling Cobain a musical genius.
grasking

Postby Florida on Thu May 22, 2008 7:19 am

Sometimes it's hard to separate drug fueled artistry from genius.
Florida

Postby This_Girl on Thu May 22, 2008 7:43 am

I really am a huge fan...but coming from a musical family, I know their music was not genius....Well...wait, who is to say what is genius when it comes to music/art? Never mind - yes...they were musical genius, LOL.
I loved them...I loved KC....I also had the mind set that just b/c he was known for drug use and later suicide didn't mean I had to do anything like him/them. It's terribly sad when people (esp. young ones) follow "bad" leads b/c of someone else. Make your own choices in life. Good, Bad, Ugly...whatever.
This_Girl

Return to Music