What's in your car CD player right now ?

What are you listening to now, and why isn't it Marah?

Re: What's in your car CD player right now ?

Postby grasking on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:44 pm

Songs in the A&E - Spiritualized.
grasking

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:57 pm

"Everything's Different Now"---Til Tuesday
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby doodoobird on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:45 pm

Screw CD players. I was late to jump on the I pod bandwagon but once I did, my music listening life changed forever. Flip in a Nirvana album to listen to a song, take that one out, flip in a Slayer album to listen to two songs, damn, my battery died. Get a new set of double A's. Trying to calm myself because am fustrated over the battery issue. So I take out the Slayer album and throw in something a little softer. My point is, get a fucking I pod and have your whole record collection in the palm of your hand. And you dont have to keep on replacing batteries.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:24 am

I wish I could DDB. My hubby got me one of those music players and I never could figure out how to make it work. I am a computer moron. Apparently we can't have an I Pod because it's not compatible with our computers. I'd be willing to bet it's a lot easier to figure out than that one I got. I finally just gave it to my daughter to use...she's having better luck with it.

One thing I've found that's interesting...my daughter and her boyfriend have gotten into LPs. He buys these old record players and fixes them up...then they go to GW or The Record Exchange and buy LPs and 45s for cheap. He fixed up a nice system for her bedroom. Now I wish I hadn't stored all my old LPs in the backyard shed.

Betsy_Boo

Postby grasking on Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:38 am

I don't care for Ipods. If I buy anything it will be a Walkman. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

I've yet to have a cd kill the battery in my car.
grasking

Postby dyetye on Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:39 am

Slipknot - All Hope is Gone
dyetye

Postby Learian on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:21 am

All That Remains- Overcome
I want to embrace my desire to feel the rhythm,
to feel connected enough to step aside and
weep like a widow to feel inspired to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty to bathe in the fountain
to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human.
Learian

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:43 pm

grasking wrote:I don't care for Ipods. If I buy anything it will be a Walkman. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

For me, i like to be able to put songs on there in a hurry. From my experience, i just dont care that much for ipods. There are cheaper alternatives. THe zune is another that i dont care for. THings may have become easier now, but from the last time i messed with either of these things i just didnt find it convient enough. I have a mp3 player 4 gigs that i bought for less than 30 bucks that all i do to add music is open it up like any external,portable drive and drag and drop..quick easy and effective.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:48 pm

demorganakamark wrote:
grasking wrote:I don't care for Ipods. If I buy anything it will be a Walkman. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

For me, i like to be able to put songs on there in a hurry. From my experience, i just dont care that much for ipods. There are cheaper alternatives. THe zune is another that i dont care for. THings may have become easier now, but from the last time i messed with either of these things i just didnt find it convient enough. I have a mp3 player 4 gigs that i bought for less than 30 bucks that all i do to add music is open it up like any external,portable drive and drag and drop..quick easy and effective.

You say easy but it still sounds complicated to me. Maybe I need one of those Dummies books.

Betsy_Boo

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:06 am

Betsy_Boo wrote:
demorganakamark wrote:

You say easy but it still sounds complicated to me. Maybe I need one of those Dummies books.

Its as easy as point and click
demorganakamark

Postby Learian on Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:59 am

demorganakamark wrote: I have a mp3 player 4 gigs that i bought for less than 30 bucks that all i do to add music is open it up like any external,portable drive and drag and drop..quick easy and effective.

Hey Mark which mp3 player are you using, if you don't mind me asking? I got burned by apple for buying and ipod and they'll never get my money again. :evil: I was also thinking about a zune, but your last post has me raising a brow. Just looking for input and any you can give would be greatly appreciated.
I want to embrace my desire to feel the rhythm,
to feel connected enough to step aside and
weep like a widow to feel inspired to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty to bathe in the fountain
to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human.
Learian

Postby dyetye on Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:13 am

Mark, mine is similar...just drag and drop. I need to get a wireless transmitter so I don't have to keep popping in CDs...

Learian, mine is a Sandisk Sansa e260. I haven't used it a whole lot yet, but it is good so far...
dyetye

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:58 pm

right now im using sandish sansa. I really like the creative zen as well. I have a 1 gig zen that just rocks. So, if i could find a creative zen at a decent deal i would defintely go back to that one. I dont really have any complaints about the sansa, except that sometimes it doesnt like a certain mp3(maybe its the mp3 or whatever).
demorganakamark

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:59 pm

dyetye wrote:Mark, mine is similar...just drag and drop. I need to get a wireless transmitter so I don't have to keep popping in CDs...

Learian, mine is a Sandisk Sansa e260. I haven't used it a whole lot yet, but it is good so far...

LOL.Mine is the same. The only complaint is the error with some songs. Other than thtat its just drag and drop.
demorganakamark

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:03 pm

What i did , is i buy stuff on woot.com.....so, when they had the sandisk on sale for such a low price, i bought it and tried it out and just stuck with it.

by the way..if you havent heard of woot.com..........then go check it out. they have some decent deals,. they only sell one item at a time for 24 hours( sometimes they sell more than one item in 24 hours..i forgot what they call it).Worth checking outl. Found some really good deals.
ALso, slickdeals.net is great
and bradsdeals.com
demorganakamark

PreviousNext

Return to Music