favorite biography

Talk about the writers doin' it for you now.

favorite biography

Postby danceken on Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:25 pm

Hi everyone , my name is Kenney Young. I read lots of biographies, I need some good ones to read. Please your favorites thanks
danceken

Postby twisted_transistor on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:59 pm

My personal favourite is On Writing by Stephen King, but that's the only biography I've read so far lol. Great for writers.
twisted_transistor

Postby Dana_Jean on Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:32 pm

I've read quite a few biographies and autobiographies. One that was very interesting to me and one I also felt was very honest was:

What's It All About by Michael Caine. But, I love Michael Caine.

And welcome to the board.
Dana_Jean

Postby Barry_Wood on Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:44 pm

Hello Kenney:

That's great you've read many biographies. Can you mention some of your own favorites that you've read?

I've not read many biographies, but I enjoy reading letters published by authors or well known people. Especially older ones.

I just checked my bookcase and one biography I did read is:

My Own Cape Cod
by Gladys Taber
(The author of the Stillmeadow books invites her readers to Still Cove, on the Cape."

Great thread, by the way, Kenney.
Barry_Wood

Postby jodi on Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:48 pm

Hey plily, I love James Dean too!!! I used to collect JD memorabilia. I had this watch with his face on it back in the early 90's and this girl came up to me and asked me where did I find a watch with Luke Perry on it?!!
Haha! I was like, Luke Perry? Whatever.

Anyways, the best biography I have read is on Jim Morrison.
I heart
jodi

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:11 am

I don't read many biographies but I really liked A CINDERELLA STORY (I think that's the title) by Bill Murray, even though it is mostly about golf. The first part where he's talking about growing up is great. I recently read a memoir called A YEAR BY THE SEA about a woman who takes a year off from her life/family...etc...and goes it alone at a beach house. I also love anything by David Sedaris (brother of Amy) who writes about his life, although I've been told much of his stuff is exaggerated to a degree. Still, he is sooooo funny!! ME TALK PRETTY ONE DAY and DRESS YOUR FAMILY IN DENIM AND CORDUROY are especially good.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Michael_D on Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:19 pm

I loved Bruce Campbell'sIf Chins Could Kill. I haven't read On Writing, but I heard it's good.
Ooops, I forgot to put down a signature.
Michael_D

Re: favorite biography

Postby Francesca on Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:27 am

I'm getting a signed copy of a book written by Leonard Nimoy AKA Spock from Star Trek when I meet him at the comic expo. And I get to meet 3 of the Twilight vampires. Yay :)

"There is something I see in you. It might kill me. I want it to be true."
Francesca

Re: favorite biography

Postby Francesca on Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:22 pm

For those who asked-- I couldn't get very many autographs. They were expensive. Sorry. It would have been something to write home about if it weren't for the creepy dude who flashed me at the grounds. I didn't report him to the police. Then I would've had to re-live the nightmare.

"There is something I see in you. It might kill me. I want it to be true."
Francesca

Return to Novels