Hill and King?

Talk about the writers doin' it for you now.

Hill and King?

Postby vash2435 on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:57 pm

Anyone notice that Joe is not reading under the dome? Actually, King isn't on any of his book lists. Does anyone know if they even like each other?
vash2435

Re: Hill and King?

Postby Dana_Jean on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:56 pm

I think they hate each other.

Okay, I'm kidding. I'm sure they each read the other's work, probably many times before it even goes to the printer.
Dana_Jean

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:42 pm

They have their own thing going. King doesnt really need any publicity, does he?lol
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:49 pm

Actually Joe has THE DEAD ZONE on his recommended list. (That one and THE STAND are my personal favs of SK).
I think Joe is just trying really hard to establish himself without appearing to "ride the coat-tails". Can you imagine how dismissive people would be if he played that angle? The truth is Joe is a really, really good writer on his own and I respect the road he has taken to get to where he is. And I love his work every bit as much as I love SK.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby grasking on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:32 pm

I thought Joe was disowned.
grasking

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:45 pm

grasking wrote:I thought Joe was disowned.

LOL! :mrgreen:

Picking up on what DJ said...can you imagine the perks of being a member of the family? To be able to read all those books before they're published? Wonder if they would adopt me?

Betsy_Boo

Postby vash2435 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:21 am

Yeah that's what I thought! That him and his dad had a huge fight and now they are in competition with another...
vash2435

Postby grasking on Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:28 am

vash2435 wrote:

Yeah that's what I thought! That him and his dad had a huge fight and now they are in competition with another...

For real? My statement was a joke.
grasking

Postby Diana_Nicolay on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:06 pm

I just bought HSBox. I was in the store looking for something scary..something different. I wasn't looking for any particular author or title. I can't put this book down.I absolutely am a new fan of Joe's writing. I never knew SKing was his father untill I came to this site...and you know what, although I have been a king fan for a long time (Needful Things being my personal favorite read by him) I did not pick up this book nor am I reading it for any other reason than Joe Hill is very talented in his own right. Last time I looked this is the JOE HILL message board. :D
Wherever you go...........there you are.
Diana_Nicolay

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:15 pm

Diana_Nicolay wrote:I just bought HSBox. I was in the store looking for something scary..something different. I wasn't looking for any particular author or title. I can't put this book down.I absolutely am a new fan of Joe's writing. I never knew SKing was his father untill I came to this site...and you know what, although I have been a king fan for a long time (Needful Things being my personal favorite read by him) I did not pick up this book nor am I reading it for any other reason than Joe Hill is very talented in his own right. Last time I looked this is the JOE HILL message board. :D

It is and will always be that way.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:21 pm

demorganakamark wrote:
Diana_Nicolay wrote:I just bought HSBox. I was in the store looking for something scary..something different. I wasn't looking for any particular author or title. I can't put this book down.I absolutely am a new fan of Joe's writing. I never knew SKing was his father untill I came to this site...and you know what, although I have been a king fan for a long time (Needful Things being my personal favorite read by him) I did not pick up this book nor am I reading it for any other reason than Joe Hill is very talented in his own right. Last time I looked this is the JOE HILL message board. :D

It is and will always be that way.

AMEN!

Betsy_Boo

Postby desolationrow on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:11 am

Im sure Joe Hill will be reading Under The Dome, I really enjoyed Duma Key but when I saw the size of The Dome I thought I was going to struggle with it as it is Im over a hundred pages through and it's sucking me in.

Joe will want to establish himself in his own right he actually tried not to make it public that he was SK's son. Im sure he thinks most of his dad's work is awesome but will still try to distance himself from Stephen just to form his own identity.
desolationrow

Postby Melissa on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:03 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote:Actually Joe has THE DEAD ZONE on his recommended list. (That one and THE STAND are my personal favs of SK).
I think Joe is just trying really hard to establish himself without appearing to "ride the coat-tails". Can you imagine how dismissive people would be if he played that angle? The truth is Joe is a really, really good writer on his own and I respect the road he has taken to get to where he is. And I love his work every bit as much as I love SK.

Hehe, you can tell Betsy is the "bodyguard" of these here boards....lol. I just love ya :)
The devil's voice is sweet to hear.
Stephen King
Melissa

Betsy_Boo wrote:Actually Joe has THE DEAD ZONE on his recommended list. (That one and THE STAND are my personal favs of SK).

Hehe, you can tell Betsy is the "bodyguard" of these here boards....lol. I just love ya :)
Stephen King
Melissa

Stephen King
Melissa

Return to Novels