Jodi, do you know about this?

Talk about the writers doin' it for you now.

Jodi, do you know about this?

Postby grasking on Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:41 pm

From the Subterranean Press newsletter:

Late word: We've also just received permission to announce that we have two Neil Gaiman limited editions coming out this year. The first is Interworld, a delightful YA novel he wrote in collaboration with Michael Reaves. Interworld is already completely designed, proofed, and ready to head to the printer as soon as the authors have had the chance to set pens to signature pages. The second book is Neil's next major work, The Graveyard Book. Our edition will feature a substantially different design and artwork by Dave McKean, premium paper, and quite possibly our most lavish binding ever. Please sign up for our newsletter to get first word when we announce these for preorder.
grasking

Postby sybil on Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:56 pm

hey, i'm not jodi, but glad to see this news...thanks for posting it, gras!
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby grasking on Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:16 pm

You're welcome. The information is for everyone, but seeing how Jodi is such a big fan, she earned the headline.
grasking

Postby sybil on Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:49 pm

yeah, well, i'd do him, too.
janis the joeker
sybil

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:50 pm

Oh...that's interesting G. I just finished "Fragile Things" and jodi's favorite story ("October") was the genesis for "Graveyard Book". It's about a little boy who goes to live with the dead in a cemetary and they teach him about life and death. I'm assuming there will be a commercial issue of this book...I hope.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby jodi on Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:51 pm

Yes, I have heard. The Graveyard Book is set to come out this fall. September, I believe. Neil has a penchant for elaborate special editions, it will be beautiful I'm sure.

Interworld, I've heard a little about, but don't know much about that one.

Sybil, not over my dead body. :lol: just kiddin'. sorta. well, not really.

Thanks Grasking!
I heart
jodi

Postby grasking on Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:36 am

No, thank you.
grasking

Postby Izydor_Ingwar_I. on Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:24 am

InterWorld is available in Polish, I read it last month. Quite amusing story about a boy who travels to parallel worlds. It was written as a movie proposition in the first place, but Neil and Mr. Reaves could not get any of the DreamWorks executives interested in it, so they wrote a book based on the idea in hopes that it would help them understand the general idea.

It did not.

They tossed the book into some drawer and after a few years, Neil and Michael thought it could probably be a nice book on its own. And they got it published and then the executives at DreamWorks thought: "Hey, there's this Gaiman book to which nobody has optioned film rights so far. Maybe we could?".

And they did.
And as I slit it open
It became clear to me that
Scalpel cuts are not as easy to close
As I'd suspected earlier.
Izydor_Ingwar_I.

Return to Novels