R.I.P Michael Chriton

Talk about the writers doin' it for you now.

R.I.P Michael Chriton

Postby doodoobird on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:30 pm

Never read any of his books but I take it he was a good writer. I dont really believe in God, but where ever you are, let it be peaceful. Good vibes your way, buddy. Any fans over here???
Yo mama
doodoobird

Re: R.I.P Michael Chriton

Postby This_Girl on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:52 pm

I did not know the name when I saw his death notice posted by Rossi on the blog. So no, I am not a fan - but certainly have seen ER and the movies based on his work. I admire him fighting cancer quietly and out of the public eye. Cancer is just so tough.....who wants the world watching the ups and downs of you trying to beat it?
I do hope his family & friends find comfort in his passing. The pain he has endured has ended.
I often think of The Sleeper when people pass. One line in particular;
"My love, she sleeps! Oh, may she sleep, As it is lasting, so be deep! "
This_Girl

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:59 am

That is beautiful TG!

I have read pretty much all his books except for the last one. I have always enjoyed how he takes scientific discoveries to the next level. I was a little put off by STATE OF FEAR because of his denial of global warming and felt it was more of a political statement than a good read, but the rest of his books have been fascinating. I still want to read his last book NEXT and I understand there is one more due to be published. However I'm a little leery after SOF...when I read I don't like to be lectured or manipulated. Still when he is on his game he offers a good time. It is sad that he went so young and my prayers go out to him and his family.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:26 am

Michael Crichton........you would think that h should be moved to the front..anyway, i have only read one book, it wasnt bad..I will be reading more in the future....
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:27 am

Im not a god freak..but the law of games and betting makes me a believer in the all mighty....
demorganakamark

Postby grasking on Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:01 pm

demorganakamark wrote:Im not a god freak..but the law of games and betting makes me a believer in the all mighty....

All right you need to explain why.
grasking

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:58 pm

grasking wrote:
demorganakamark wrote:Im not a god freak..but the law of games and betting makes me a believer in the all mighty....

well, it like this: If i believe in god and there is a god then i win infinite. If there is no god, then when i die what do i lose if i believe(nothing really)...but lets say that i dont believe in god and there is a god..then what do i lose when i die, an infiinte amount........therefore, its a better bet to believe in the all mighty than to not believe in him..

Its something like that ....I know that it was explained to me batter and more mathematically when i first heard it.
demorganakamark

Postby grasking on Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:04 pm

demorganakamark wrote:
grasking wrote:

well, it like this: If i believe in god and there is a god then i win infinite. If there is no god, then when i die what do i lose if i believe(nothing really)...but lets say that i dont believe in god and there is a god..then what do i lose when i die, an infiinte amount........therefore, its a better bet to believe in the all mighty than to not believe in him..

Its something like that ....I know that it was explained to me batter and more mathematically when i first heard it.

Oh okay. That makes sense. I thought you were talking about poker or blackjack. lol. I guess that shows were my mind is.
grasking

Postby This_Girl on Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:22 pm

demorganakamark wrote:
grasking wrote:

I follow this....but, you cannot make yourself believe something. You can't say you have faith and know in your heart you really feel otherwise and God will accept that, LOL. I don't know what I believe. That's the truth. I do know I *wish* I had the faith I had as a child growing up Catholic. I *hope* there's God and Heaven, I do....but I cannot say (like many people I know) I believe in these things. I just hope they are there.
This_Girl

Postby Florida on Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:14 am

I have tried to believe in god since I was little and going to church with my grandma.
I can remember being 9 and looking around me and thinking "What's wrong with these grown ups? Don't they realize this is all fake?"
I've never understood the literal interpretation of the bible. I guess that's why I like Buddhism so much. Lovingkindness and compassion are all you need to believe in to be a Buddhist.
our love lives because i live.
Florida

Postby grasking on Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:13 am

"I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings."

Albert Einstein
grasking

Postby grasking on Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:16 am

grasking wrote:"I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings."

Albert Einstein

I've never understood why God would care if I masturbate or not. Wait! Here's why.

grasking

Postby grasking on Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:18 am

Lol. I didn't mean to quote myself. The edit button moved on me.
grasking

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:46 am

Thanks g...what a great way to start the day!! LOL!!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby This_Girl on Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:16 pm

LOL!

Oh, and I like the Albert Einstein quote. Makes sense to me.
This_Girl

Next

Return to Novels