#amazonfail

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Re: #amazonfail

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun May 03, 2009 11:09 am

Sometimes I wish I were gay.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby This_Girl on Mon May 04, 2009 10:27 pm

I support gay marriage and adoptions. I don't understand why others are against it. ((Shrugs)) I have known gay couples my whole life and to be frank - I don't even like thinking "gays & lesbians" because they are just people to me. Plain old people.....
I don't sit over here thinking "I am open minded and I am happy that I am not consumed with what others pick to do"...I honestly wonder what I cannot see from the other view. Seriously, why does it matter to ANYONE who another person is in love with? As far as adoption, a loving family and a safe home seems like the only prerequisites on my list.
I really am clueless as to why it is such an issue.
This_Girl

Postby grasking on Tue May 05, 2009 6:23 am

Gay couples can't be any worse than some of these people.

http://whythefuckdoyouhaveakid.com/
grasking

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue May 05, 2009 6:27 am

Yeah...and that dog, too! Geez, g...where do you find these things? I've been sitting here laughing for the past 2 minutes! And that's before I even looked at your link!

Betsy_Boo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue May 05, 2009 6:37 am

Ok...that was just sad. If "the children are our future" I'm really scared now.

But back to the discussion, I totally agree with you TG. "A loving family and a safe home" should be the only issue. I've only been a Guardian Ad Litem since February and already I could tell you stories that would make your hair curl. I saw an interesting quote in the letters to the editor yesterday:

"America: Where torture is ok, but same-sex marriage will cause society to crumble."

Gives you some perspective, eh?

Betsy_Boo

Postby This_Girl on Tue May 05, 2009 8:19 pm

grasking wrote:Gay couples can't be any worse than some of these people.

http://whythefuckdoyouhaveakid.com/

That's what I'm saying!
Those were funny...yet, horrifying if they are "true".
This_Girl

Postby LauraK on Fri May 29, 2009 9:14 pm

There are so many fucked-up straight couples who do not deserve to adopt children much less produce their own.

If 2 people are committed to each other and love one another they should be allowed the right to marry. Gay couples who have been together their entire lives find themselves with no rights when their partner is dying in the hospital....they cannot inherit their partner's things or get their pension or social security....there is no common law marriage for them either. It's just not right.

And why can't they have/adopt children? Are they less able to love a child? Are you afraid they'll "make" a child gay? Lol.

When you went through puberty, did you fantasize about girls? Yes? Then guess what- you were straight and nothing was going to change that.

We're born what we are. Does anyone actually believe that anyone would choose to be gay what with the way they've been discriminated against?? Who would choose that?? Usually they've tried to be straight and it's just wrong for them.....like if you or I tried to be gay!

People are just people- no matter their skin color or what gender they're attracted to.

Single women are able to adopt. Why can't a loving, committed couple of the same sex? Children raised in a single parent home where the father or mother is completely absent don't turn gay simply because they only had a parent of 1 sex.

Intolerance. I don't get it. :(

Another reason I believe there will never be world peace. Soooooo many simply cannot just let others "be" when they're causing no harm.

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Shane88 on Sat May 30, 2009 9:24 am

Amen! :!:

*At the crib watching Larry King Live
Shane88

Postby Shane88 on Sat May 30, 2009 9:27 am

Although I might disagree with you on your point saying we are born what we are. As I know a few people who have told me they were heterosexual in their younger ages and now are completely homosexual through forced experiences.

Shane88

Postby This_Girl on Sat May 30, 2009 12:02 pm

Well said (er..written), LK! **clap clap**
This_Girl

Postby grasking on Sat May 30, 2009 1:02 pm

Shane88 wrote:Although I might disagree with you on your point saying we are born what we are. As I know a few people who have told me they were heterosexual in their younger ages and now are completely homosexual through forced experiences.

Raped in prison?
grasking

Postby Shane88 on Sat May 30, 2009 5:25 pm

Haha..yeah I figured I may have had to explain this one. A teacher I know at a private school refused to go to Vietnam over his own personal beliefs that the war was wrong. Anyhow, I never really got into details with him over being raped or what not, but he indeed did tell me that it changed his sexual orientation.

Shane88

Postby LauraK on Sat May 30, 2009 9:40 pm

Well, this may not be popular but I'm not buying it.

I'd bet money that anyone who says they turned gay through a forced experience was never straight to begin with. They just weren't being honest with themselves.

I can't imagine anyone beign raped by a member of the same sex- a violent act, yes?? suddenly deciding after this violent encounter that "hey...I liked that. I think I'll stop being straight and become gay now, thanks to that rape."

No uh-uh.

Perhaps they used this as an excuse since they may have feared reaction of those around them and thought this would explain it.

Again- how sad that a person can't just come out and say "I'm gay." That they might have to come up with some "This made me gay" story.

Apologies, as this is just my opinion.

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby grasking on Sun May 31, 2009 9:56 am

This thread is so gay. :wink:
grasking

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun May 31, 2009 7:46 pm

Hey g...I like you. I really do.

Betsy_Boo