ARE DEMS SORE LOSERS?????

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Re: ARE DEMS SORE LOSERS?????

Postby doodoobird on Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:50 am

what about a compromise. What do you guys think of having something like a hybrid system? Am thinking of how the Dems decide the primary. Huh Huh huh? Watcha think???
Maybe not a good idea? I think some people are still bitter about the Hillary thing, no? She should have won that primary. A shame. Even I, a republican, would have loved to see Bill in the spotlight again. He had his flaws, policy wise and personal, but overall It think he was a good president. Honestly, I was kind of young but today I can say that I am a little ashamed of how the right persecuted him over the Monica thang. Disgusting, really. Bad for the nation. Our image. I would never support something like that. Those Republicans were not true patriots in my opinion. To smear a president like that. For whatever reason they did it. I think to tarnish the Dems image going into the 2000 election. No political gains can EVER be worth doing something like that. 8)
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby demorganakamark on Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:52 am

When BIll was president it seemed that things wasnt that bad.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:17 pm

demorganakamark wrote:
Betsy_Boo wrote:Wow...guess I'm a big whiney baby. I've said it, mainly out of frustration and impotence. I absolutely can't stand to see the way things have been going in this country and I feel like I have no power to change it. So, I can accept being called a sore loser if you are willing to try and understand how I feel. The tipping point was the 2000 election and things have been going down-hill for me ever since.

I still feel like the election was stolen.......

It was stolen...watch "Recount". I lived in Florida and watched the court proceedings everyday until the Supreme Court made their decision. I heard about the intimidation and disenfranchisement of a lot of African American voters. There were stories of votes being thrown out. I myself don't know if my vote counted...when I went to punch my card I had to press down so hard that I probably left a chad or two hanging.

And keep in mind folks...the next president is probably going to be able to pick at least two Supreme Court Justices. If it's McCain it will be packed with right wingers and it we'll be headed back to the dark ages. :evil:
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:18 pm

BTW...if you have early voting in your state and you're at all worried about your ability to get to the polls on election day, go ahead and vote. I think I'm going tomorrow.

Betsy_Boo

Postby doodoobird on Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:51 pm

I dont know about all that, Betsy. I watched Recount, which I was about to mention earlier, and saw a movie that was very very biased, though interesting. I love how whoever was involved with the casting picked the most unlikeable people to play the republican team. And how you got the impression that the Dem team was on an almost holy crusade. Bush won that election for better or worst. If it was sooooo clear that he cheated (his team) then that fight would have went on a wee bit longer. You know, the dems had a lot of things go there way too, concerning the 'recount'. And I think if the dems had the kind of influence that the Republicans had in Florida they would have tried every dirty trick up their sleeve to take that election. And am sure Republicans had a few screwed up cards too.
Also, as far as going into the dark ages, I am sorry you feel that way. Things are gonna get funny if the Dems (Personally, I dont think its an if) take control of everything. We need SOME kind of balance. In the supreme court too. Though, for me at least, it would be nice to see Roe v Wade overturned. Not religious but I have some strong personal beliefs against abortion. To me, unless it is rape or some generally f'ed up situation, with the sex education, various methods of birth control, it is simply wrong for an irresponsible person to get pregnant and just decide it was a mistake and flush it out. I just see that as snuffed out potential. What if my mom decided she wasnt ready when I first swam into that egg. Obviously abortion is a touchy subject, and f'ing complicated, I just think that even though life might not start when sperm meets egg, by denying it your denying the most valuable, precious, INNOCENT, gift.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:58 am

doodoobird wrote:I dont know about all that, Betsy. I watched Recount, which I was about to mention earlier, and saw a movie that was very very biased, though interesting. I love how whoever was involved with the casting picked the most unlikeable people to play the republican team. And how you got the impression that the Dem team was on an almost holy crusade. Bush won that election for better or worst. If it was sooooo clear that he cheated (his team) then that fight would have went on a wee bit longer. You know, the dems had a lot of things go there way too, concerning the 'recount'. And I think if the dems had the kind of influence that the Republicans had in Florida they would have tried every dirty trick up their sleeve to take that election. And am sure Republicans had a few screwed up cards too.
Also, as far as going into the dark ages, I am sorry you feel that way. Things are gonna get funny if the Dems (Personally, I dont think its an if) take control of everything. We need SOME kind of balance. In the supreme court too. Though, for me at least, it would be nice to see Roe v Wade overturned. Not religious but I have some strong personal beliefs against abortion. To me, unless it is rape or some generally f'ed up situation, with the sex education, various methods of birth control, it is simply wrong for an irresponsible person to get pregnant and just decide it was a mistake and flush it out. I just see that as snuffed out potential. What if my mom decided she wasnt ready when I first swam into that egg. Obviously abortion is a touchy subject, and f'ing complicated, I just think that even though life might not start when sperm meets egg, by denying it your denying the most valuable, precious, INNOCENT, gift.

I'd love to have a balance in the Supreme Court but there won't be if McCain gets to nominate anyone. It's already leaning waaaay to the right. And if Roe v. Wade gets overturned it's back to back alleys and coat hangers. At least for the poor...the rich will just fly to Europe. I do respect your opinion...I'm pro-choice, but if I were still able to get preggers at my advanced age I wouldn't have an abortion, even though having a child right now would be a hardship for me. My feeling is I don't have the right to tell a woman she has to bring an unwanted child in the world, including me. Especially some little 12 year old incest victim, a rape victim, or a woman whose health would suffer to bring a child to term. No one is pro-abortion...people just want the government to stay out of their bedrooms and the choices they have to make. The best way to stop abortion is to prevent unwanted pregnancies in the first place. That includes sex education and easily available contraception.

Betsy_Boo

Postby Betsy_Boo on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:02 am

And btw, the reason the fight in Florida didn't go on longer is because Gore could see that it was ripping the country apart...it had already gone on for a month. Gore decided to end it. I thought "Recount" was pretty accurate...remember, I was watching it everyday on tv while it was going on.

Betsy_Boo

Postby doodoobird on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:51 am

Gore could see that it was ripping the country apart???? Or he could see that coming out as the victor was hopeless, and maybe decided to save some face??????? I think its kind of ironic that the 2000 election came up in this topic. Why? Because the subject is Dems being sore losers. HA!!!!!!!!
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby demorganakamark on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:30 pm

doodoobird wrote:Gore could see that it was ripping the country apart???? Or he could see that coming out as the victor was hopeless, and maybe decided to save some face??????? I think its kind of ironic that the 2000 election came up in this topic. Why? Because the subject is Dems being sore losers. HA!!!!!!!!

Well, it is a shame that when the majority of the people of this country votes for the person that they want to be president..isnt president..Its not that dems are sore losers..but after waht happpened in 2000 if the tables where turned...wouldnt you be skeptical.....This time it seems that the chips are faliing into place, and the time for a leader that we as a whole want to lead us will hopefully be put into office......On another note, i was actually thinking that Gore took the high road(im not sure if there was anything he could have done anyway). ANyway, when something is stolen from your pocket, you would be pissed 2......
demorganakamark

Postby Mercy on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:32 pm

I said I'd move to Germany if (Bill) Clinton was elected, and didn't. Of course for me I was about 14 or 15, so obviously couldn't if I had wanted to, and didn't really know a lot about politics, or I might not have been so judgmental. I think it's a way for people to express that they want to see change to the point they would be willing to move away for it (whether they later do or don't). As has been mentioned here, it's a way to show frustration.
Mercy

Postby doodoobird on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:31 pm

It obviously is a way to express fustration but it also implies a lot more.
As far as Gore goes: I still see people who bring up the 2000 election, saying it was stolen, as being sore losers. THAT IS OUR SYSTEM!!!!!!!!! LIKE IT OR NOT!!!!!! BUSH WON THE ELECTORAL VOTE, FOR BETTER OR WORSE. i Really really really understand that the system is bullshit. The popular vote SHOULD decide the election. Aint that democracy???? BUT IT DOES NOT. They knew the damn rules going in. They knew it was a possibility yet still decided to run for president, right????? Yes, an unlikely possibility that most logical people would have never saw coming, but a possibility none the less. AND GET USE TO IT BECAUSE IF THE 2000 ELECTION DID NOT CHANGE THAT SYSTEM I DONT THINK IT EVER WILL CHANGE. And yes Demo, I would be pissed if the tables were turned but I also would understand that its the rules.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby demorganakamark on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:34 pm

well, i do understand the rules about the way that our system works..and welll see what happens with this election...
demorganakamark

Postby demorganakamark on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:35 pm

demorganakamark

Previous

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here