ARE DEMS SORE LOSERS?????

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

ARE DEMS SORE LOSERS?????

Postby doodoobird on Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:08 pm

I got another question here. Yes, another DooDooBird special inquiry. A question based off of an observation. A question based off of an observation that implies much. You ready???? Here we go:

O.k. We have all heard it said, and almost always from the left, if so and so (fill in the blank _________) wins, I'll move to Canada, Goddammit!!!!!!!!!! Now, the question I have is, why is it ALMOST always someone from the left, or that identifies him(her)self as a Democrat?????? I the prospect of a John McCain presidency that bad that you would pack up and move your life to another country???? Here is my take on it. You ALMOST never hear someone on the right say that because no matter how much they may disagree with the Dem ruling, or the potential for that, the nation, at heart they are a patriot to their nation first, enough so that they will such it up for the four or 8 years this person will be in charge. Now, the lefty who says they will migrate to another country obviously cares more for their guy(gal) being in charge then what that person is in charge of, something much greater then one person, something that will still be there when him(her) is all but history. While their is an underlying love (for the nation) in the right leaning individual, there seems to be an underlying animosity in the left leaning person, which in a way, to me at least, sums up some of the basic differences in the two belief systems. Just something I noticed. If you could shed some light of this observation, or even clarify what is meant by this 'threat', please do.

As a side note: Why is it that they almost NEVER actually leave?????????????? Because I say, not directing this at any particular individual, we have enough people here as it is, and if you dont value what you have here enough to stay even when someone you may disagree with is in charge, then go ahead and leave, and if you can, send someone down who may value what you didnt to take your place. Shit, if we did that with every person who ever made that empty threat we would, I am sure, have a more 'happy' country. Just my take on it.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Re: ARE DEMS SORE LOSERS?????

Postby Florida on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:53 pm

doodoobird wrote:I got another question here. Yes, another DooDooBird special inquiry. A question based off of an observation. A question based off of an observation that implies much. You ready???? Here we go:

O.k. We have all heard it said, and almost always from the left, if so and so (fill in the blank _________) wins, I'll move to Canada, Goddammit!!!!!!!!!! Now, the question I have is, why is it ALMOST always someone from the left, or that identifies him(her)self as a Democrat?????? I the prospect of a John McCain presidency that bad that you would pack up and move your life to another country???? Here is my take on it. You ALMOST never hear someone on the right say that because no matter how much they may disagree with the Dem ruling, or the potential for that, the nation, at heart they are a patriot to their nation first, enough so that they will such it up for the four or 8 years this person will be in charge. Now, the lefty who says they will migrate to another country obviously cares more for their guy(gal) being in charge then what that person is in charge of, something much greater then one person, something that will still be there when him(her) is all but history. While their is an underlying love (for the nation) in the right leaning individual, there seems to be an underlying animosity in the left leaning person, which in a way, to me at least, sums up some of the basic differences in the two belief systems. Just something I noticed. If you could shed some light of this observation, or even clarify what is meant by this 'threat', please do.

As a side note: Why is it that they almost NEVER actually leave?????????????? Because I say, not directing this at any particular individual, we have enough people here as it is, and if you dont value what you have here enough to stay even when someone you may disagree with is in charge, then go ahead and leave, and if you can, send someone down who may value what you didnt to take your place. Shit, if we did that with every person who ever made that empty threat we would, I am sure, have a more 'happy' country. Just my take on it.

I totally agree with you that it's a whiny thing to say. "I didn't get my way so I'm gonna take my toys and go home!"
But at the same time, if you really would be happier somewhere else, then freakin' go! I would love to live in Paris or Madrid but that just ain't happening. So here I am, not happy with the way the country seems to be headed but hopeful for the future and like a grown-up I understand that things don't always swing the way I would like them to. You make the best of whatever situation you're in because in the end, you choose your own destiny.
our love lives because i live.
Florida

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:27 pm

I think that the last 8 years has hit alot of people very hard......and im hoping that the momentum is going to change for the better of us all.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:29 pm

Ive been to other countries and to be honest it would really kinda suck to have to live there all the time.....me leaving makes me love america even more( wait,..ive heard that somewhere before..lol).
demorganakamark

Postby doodoobird on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:49 pm

Very true, demo my man. Very true. Many countries that most people dream of taking vacations are not countries that they would want to live for more then a month. Trust me. Greece for example. You go to the tourist spots and you think its the most beautiful place on Earth. Stray a little and you might discover a place that aint far above a third world country, def a place you wont see on a tourist guide. Paris you may love. But after a few weeks when you realize that it is very different from the place you spent your whole life, one might start to get a little homesick.
The rich and famous are the worst. They often make this threat like anyone fucking cares, first off, and they look like even bigger douche bags when they dont because they actually have the means to make that move and live comfortably. Plus, what kind of pieces of crap do they have to be to shit on the country that gave them such a great lifestyle????
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:00 pm

Well, here in america......you actually have the oppurtunity to spread your wings..and go for it
demorganakamark

Postby doodoobird on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:29 pm

Am trying to remember what Actor swore that they would leave if Bush got elected?????? They never did, though. Probably continued making bad movies.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby LauraK on Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:09 pm

Alec Baldwin.

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:09 am

Wow...guess I'm a big whiney baby. I've said it, mainly out of frustration and impotence. I absolutely can't stand to see the way things have been going in this country and I feel like I have no power to change it. So, I can accept being called a sore loser if you are willing to try and understand how I feel. The tipping point was the 2000 election and things have been going down-hill for me ever since.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby This_Girl on Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:19 am

I have heard this discussed before. I listen to Howard Stern and it's been said that Robin has stated if Bush was in office that 2nd term she was gone...and they tease her about it. I also heard it last night on that show w/ Bill Maher ... He was on last night with a few others and one being Tim _____ (Shawshank redemption / Married to Susan Sur-ran-don (sp?) ) .... I think people say it out of frustration. You know what? We have that right...we are lucky to be able to move out of our country if we want to.

I love America and there's no where else I want to live. The other places I have visited have been beautiful and wonderful.....but there is no place like home. Truth be known, I would rather travel more around the US than leave on vacation. We have some very beautiful things and places here. I also love the diversity here. People & Places.... Come to S.Florida/Keys to see the tropics...Arizona for some desert fun .... California for some beatiful ocean views ..... Montana if you want to venture under the Big Sky (and see Yellowstone)... You get where I am going. I feel as though we have it all here!
However, we get stuck in the routines...work / home work / home and no time for any of it. I MAKE myself look past the traffic and nastiness, watching the palms sway, the egrets off to the side of the road....
Then there's the financial problems and all that crap we are reminded of daily......And, in frustration people will opt to leave (or say it) - and that's their choice and their right.
This_Girl

Postby demorganakamark on Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:49 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote:Wow...guess I'm a big whiney baby. I've said it, mainly out of frustration and impotence. I absolutely can't stand to see the way things have been going in this country and I feel like I have no power to change it. So, I can accept being called a sore loser if you are willing to try and understand how I feel. The tipping point was the 2000 election and things have been going down-hill for me ever since.

I still feel like the election was stolen.......
demorganakamark

Postby doodoobird on Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:18 pm

Was it stolen??? Or do we have an outdated fucked up system???
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby demorganakamark on Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:06 pm

doodoobird wrote:Was it stolen??? Or do we have an outdated fucked up system???

Well, when the majority of the people vote for a person and it doesnt matter because of the electoral vote..then we the people...what does that even matter........
demorganakamark

Postby LauraK on Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:16 pm

demorganakamark wrote:
doodoobird wrote:Was it stolen??? Or do we have an outdated fucked up system???

Well, when the majority of the people vote for a person and it doesnt matter because of the electoral vote..then we the people...what does that even matter........

Here, here!
(Or is it "hear, hear?")

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Postby doodoobird on Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:43 am

Yeah, thats what am talking about, Demo. The electoral system is sooooo outdated. For those who dont know, read up on why we have an electoral system and try not to laugh when you realize that the logic behind it is soooooo soooooo irrelevant to todays America.
But on the flip side, in some regards, the electoral system works to the advantage of both parties. Example: because of the two thousand election we tend to have the view that the electoral collage works in favor of the Republicans. this is false. California is a state which brings with it many points. It always goes to a Dem. Without Cali it would be impossible for a Dem to win. Cali also receives a good amount of Republican votes, not enough to carry the state, but a surprising amount. This would hurt the Dems if the popular vote decided the election. Another surprise, Texas too.
It will never be changed, though. If 2000 didnt do it then nothing ever will, in my humble opinion.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Next

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here