Barack Obama loses his Grandmother

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Barack Obama loses his Grandmother

Postby LauraK on Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:10 pm

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g3m4 ... AD947PFUO2

Whatever anyone happens to think of the man personally or politically, I think we can all agree that this is such a terrible thing for him to be going through- at any time. Just imagine it now, practically on the eve of his possible election as President.

My prayers are with him and his family.

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Re: Barack Obama loses his Grandmother

Postby doodoobird on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:08 pm

Yeah. Sad.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby This_Girl on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:11 pm

You know, LK - I didn't even think about how he is feeling...All I have thought since I learned of her death is that it is a shame she won't know the outcome (depending on what you believe). Since she was really sick, she may not have even been really here the last few weeks...
Anyway, I am with you. This has to be such a hard time for him. I am just happy he was able to take time to visit with her not that long ago.
This_Girl

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:25 am

This_Girl wrote:You know, LK - I didn't even think about how he is feeling...All I have thought since I learned of her death is that it is a shame she won't know the outcome (depending on what you believe). Since she was really sick, she may not have even been really here the last few weeks...
Anyway, I am with you. This has to be such a hard time for him. I am just happy he was able to take time to visit with her not that long ago.

Me too, TG. It said in the paper that he didn't get to his mother's bedside in time so he vowed that would never happen to him again. I'm sending my prayers, too. I can't imagine what he and his family are going through with all that they have going on.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby LauraK on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:24 pm

Here's a quote from that article:

After her health took a turn for the worse, her brother said on Oct. 21 that she had already lived long enough to see her "Barry" achieve what she'd wanted for him.

"I think she thinks she was important in raising a fine young man," Charles Payne, 83, said in a brief telephone interview from his Chicago home. "I doubt if it would occur to her that he would go this far this fast. But she's enjoyed watching it."

It must be such a double-edged sword. Wanting to bask in the excitement and yet having it tempered by the grief we know he's feeling.

LK

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here