Civil war

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Re: Civil war

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:28 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote:
demorganakamark wrote:damn....there are alot of stupid fucks in this world

They are ignorant and dangerous. And stupid fucks.

YES they are....
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Mosbey on Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:11 am

Yes…many major Newspapers ran with the Bear cub story…

What the biased Media failed to print was the follow-up and the results of the investigation.

Police in NC: Dead bear under Obama signs a prank
The Associated Press
Article Launched: 10/21/2008 05:22:33 PM PDT

CULLOWHEE, N.C.—Authorities said Tuesday that a student prank, not a political statement, was the motivation for dumping a dead bear cub draped in Barack Obama signs on a North Carolina campus earlier this week.
Seven Western Carolina University students were involved, and possible charges were being discussed with the local prosecutor, said Campus Police Chief Tom Johnson. Police did not release the students' names.
The students told authorities they took political signs at random to cover the bear's wound and prevent blood from spilling into the bed of the truck they were driving.
They discovered a carcass of the cub, which had been shot in the head, while camping over the weekend and brought it back to a gathering at an apartment near campus Sunday night, according to a statement from the school.
It was during that gathering, officials said, that a student suggested placing the bear at the base of a statue at the main entrance to the campus.
Maintenance workers found the bear cub's body early Monday morning near the school's entrance.
"I am pleased to hear that this situation appears to be a stupid prank," Western Carolina chancellor John W. Bardo said.

It is true that there are “stupid fucks” on both sides…but liberals in general are far more radical than conservatives, far more HATEFUL and 3 to 5 times more likely to act out on this RAGE.
Mosbey

Postby Mosbey on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:31 am

http://www.local6.com/politics/17784129/detail.html

Yet MORE gunfire from the "Party of Compassion." What amazes me most is the complete and total hypocrisy of it all.
Mosbey

Postby demorganakamark on Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:09 pm

Mosbey wrote:Yes…many major Newspapers ran with the Bear cub story…

What the biased Media failed to print was the follow-up and the results of the investigation.

The Associated Press

CULLOWHEE, N.C.—Authorities said Tuesday that a student prank, not a political statement, was the motivation for dumping a dead bear cub draped in Barack Obama signs on a North Carolina campus earlier this week.
Seven Western Carolina University students were involved, and possible charges were being discussed with the local prosecutor, said Campus Police Chief Tom Johnson. Police did not release the students' names.
The students told authorities they took political signs at random to cover the bear's wound and prevent blood from spilling into the bed of the truck they were driving.
They discovered a carcass of the cub, which had been shot in the head, while camping over the weekend and brought it back to a gathering at an apartment near campus Sunday night, according to a statement from the school.
It was during that gathering, officials said, that a student suggested placing the bear at the base of a statue at the main entrance to the campus.
Maintenance workers found the bear cub's body early Monday morning near the school's entrance.
"I am pleased to hear that this situation appears to be a stupid prank," Western Carolina chancellor John W. Bardo said.

It is true that there are “stupid fucks” on both sides…but liberals in general are far more radical than conservatives, far more HATEFUL and 3 to 5 times more likely to act out on this RAGE.

for one, you really dont know if thats what the students true intention was or is the chanellor just wanting to believe that what it is .......I dont care which case it was....its stupid for the students to do such a thing
demorganakamark

Postby grasking on Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:49 pm

demorganakamark wrote:

The Associated Press

for one, you really dont know if thats what the students true intention was or is the chanellor just wanting to believe that what it is .......I dont care which case it was....its stupid for the students to do such a thing

So, why didn't the students remove the signs after placing the bear by the statue?
grasking

Postby grasking on Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:56 pm

So, because it wasn't a political statement the kids don't get into trouble or face any discipline, maybe expulsion? Yeah, I'd make up a story too if that was the case. Lord knows I did it more than once to get out of trouble in college.
grasking

Postby Mosbey on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:16 am

I found this to be interesting reading….

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00002.html

Sorry, I cannot help myself. Some of you should reread grasking’s article and examine your reactions to the “Obama” Bear story…
Read false story…read facts refuting false story…deny facts…continue with false belief… parallels very nicely. I thought that the article concluded that such foolishness of thought was mostly confined to conservatives? :lol:

From the New York Post

A woman campaigning for John McCain in Pittsburgh claims she was mugged by a knife-wielding man who then "carved the letter 'B' into her face" after spotting a McCain bumper sticker on her car, police said yesterday.
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/new ... etail.html

I am going to wait for a bit more info before commenting too much on this one…
Mosbey

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:39 am

grasking wrote:
demorganakamark wrote:

The Associated Press

So, why didn't the students remove the signs after placing the bear by the statue?

Exactly...if anyone really believes this was a case of harmless, youthful fun I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Mosbey on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:49 am

“In a paper approaching publication, Nyhan, a PhD student at Duke University, and Reifler, at Georgia State University, suggest that Republicans might be especially prone to the backfire effect because conservatives may have more rigid views than liberals: Upon hearing a refutation, conservatives might "argue back" against the refutation in their minds, thereby strengthening their belief in the misinformation. Nyhan and Reifler did not see the same "backfire effect" when liberals were given misinformation and a refutation about the Bush administration's stance on stem cell research.”

Perhaps we should contact them with this example??
Mosbey

Postby Mosbey on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:19 pm

Mosbey wrote:From the New York Post

A woman campaigning for John McCain in Pittsburgh claims she was mugged by a knife-wielding man who then "carved the letter 'B' into her face" after spotting a McCain bumper sticker on her car, police said yesterday.

Risking the appearance of arrogance by quoting myself...

This one has turned out to be a hoax...Something was a bit ‘off’ when it first came over the wire…let us hope that she gets some help…

http://kdka.com/local/attack.McCain.Blo ... 47628.html
Mosbey

Postby demorganakamark on Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:41 pm

Mosbey wrote:“In a paper approaching publication, Nyhan, a PhD student at Duke University, and Reifler, at Georgia State University, suggest that Republicans might be especially prone to the backfire effect because conservatives may have more rigid views than liberals: Upon hearing a refutation, conservatives might "argue back" against the refutation in their minds, thereby strengthening their belief in the misinformation. Nyhan and Reifler did not see the same "backfire effect" when liberals were given misinformation and a refutation about the Bush administration's stance on stem cell research.”

Perhaps we should contact them with this example??

A paper approaching publications...by a PhD student....has it been accepted, or just submitted...and by a PhD student..is this his first paper, in the middle of his studies or at the end...and it did say "SUGGEST" ..
demorganakamark

Postby grasking on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:36 am

Mosbey wrote:From the New York Post

It's too bad McCain's campaign didn't show the same restraint as you.

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpoints ... rs_inc.php
grasking

Postby Mosbey on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:42 pm

grasking wrote:
Mosbey wrote: I am going to wait for a bit more info before commenting too much on this one…

It's too bad McCain's campaign didn't show the same restraint as you.

Bask in my Brilliance! :wink:
Mosbey

Previous

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here