Fox News

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Re: Fox News

Postby Mosbey on Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:11 am

“Ill bring my bible.”
It proves how horrid and twisted this ‘political correction prejudice’ has become when people start to make mention of the Bible in an effort to disparage. Would you say the same of the Koran?

Betsy, “…honestly, I'd have a lot more respect for your opinion if…” if you actually knew anything relevant about what you are commenting upon. Expounding upon something one does not, and will not, watch is…well…ignorant, for lack of a better word.

Not being one to often cast slurs or insults, I seldom use the term “commie-bleeding-heart-liberals.” Besides it is so passé and seldom correct. ‘Neo-Fascist Statist’ is a much more appropriate label for the political positions of your associated grouping. Please, please…unlike the Foxnews issue, learn a bit about that label before you knee-jerk.

And on a slightly more personal note… I know you certainly have always gone out of your way to make me feel “the welcome” here, but this one is a tad overboard…now you are the self-appointed arbitrator of who constitutes a Joe Hill fans? :evil:
Mosbey

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:13 am

No...although it may seem like that to some. As a matter of fact, I have been criticized for it before.
The point I was trying to make is the only time I ever have any discussions with you is in the Politics thread. It feels like you just drop in here to poke us "Neo-Fascist Statist's" with a stick (guess I'm going to have to look that label up...I grew up in the Archie Bunker era and "commie-bleeding-heart-liberal" is what folks called us). Frankly, I would like to have a different view of you, or at least a well-rounded one. As it is, I just get ticked off everytime you comment, as I'm sure you get ticked off everytime I comment.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby The_Fourth_Craw on Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:24 pm

As someone who is not a citizen of the USA, what is this thread about? I cannot view the clip in the first posting as it cannot be streamed outwith the USA.
The Fourth Craw

The_Fourth_Craw

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:55 pm

Mosbey wrote:“Ill bring my bible.”
It proves how horrid and twisted this ‘political correction prejudice’ has become when people start to make mention of the Bible in an effort to disparage. Would you say the same of the Koran?

Betsy, “…honestly, I'd have a lot more respect for your opinion if…” if you actually knew anything relevant about what you are commenting upon. Expounding upon something one does not, and will not, watch is…well…ignorant, for lack of a better word.

Not being one to often cast slurs or insults, I seldom use the term “commie-bleeding-heart-liberals.” Besides it is so passé and seldom correct. ‘Neo-Fascist Statist’ is a much more appropriate label for the political positions of your associated grouping. Please, please…unlike the Foxnews issue, learn a bit about that label before you knee-jerk.

And on a slightly more personal note… I know you certainly have always gone out of your way to make me feel “the welcome” here, but this one is a tad overboard…now you are the self-appointed arbitrator of who constitutes a Joe Hill fans? :evil:

OK, ill leave my dusty bible at the house. Ill go out and get palin's new book to bang around.
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:56 pm

The_Fourth_Craw wrote:As someone who is not a citizen of the USA, what is this thread about? I cannot view the clip in the first posting as it cannot be streamed outwith the USA.

John Stewart caught FOX "News" playing fast and loose with the truth. There was a small demonstration against government supported health care and they cut it with footage from an older demonstration to make it look like more people spontaneously showed up than actually did. You might be able to see the clip on Comedy Central's website.

Betsy_Boo

Postby The_Fourth_Craw on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:35 pm

Thanks for that BB. Political manipulation of the media has been going on in the UK for years. The BBC is basically the UK Governments mouthpiece and I would take anything they say with a very large pinch of salt.

With regard to the USA healthcare reforms and from someone who lives in a country that has had universal free healthcare for decades; why would anyone not want free healthcare for all? Its a basic human right in my opinion. Sounds like a bad case of profit before people.
The Fourth Craw

The_Fourth_Craw

Postby demorganakamark on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:51 pm

The_Fourth_Craw wrote:Thanks for that BB. Political manipulation of the media has been going on in the UK for years. The BBC is basically the UK Governments mouthpiece and I would take anything they say with a very large pinch of salt.

With regard to the USA healthcare reforms and from someone who lives in a country that has had universal free healthcare for decades; why would anyone not want free healthcare for all? Its a basic human right in my opinion. Sounds like a bad case of profit before people.

Kinda nailed what alot of people feel about healthcare on the head with tht statement TFC.
demorganakamark

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:58 pm

demorganakamark wrote:
The_Fourth_Craw wrote:Thanks for that BB. Political manipulation of the media has been going on in the UK for years. The BBC is basically the UK Governments mouthpiece and I would take anything they say with a very large pinch of salt.

Kinda nailed what alot of people feel about healthcare on the head with tht statement TFC.

I agree too! It absolutely makes no sense to me why anyone would be against universal healthcare. I haven't heard one single argument against it that makes any sense to me. I agree that greed is at the bottom of it, but of course they can't come right out and say that. It absolutely should be "a basic human right...". Exactly TFC!!

BTW, I found the link on "The Daily Show's" website. Maybe you can watch it here:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-november-10-2009/sean-hannity-uses-glenn-beck-s-protest-footage

Betsy_Boo

Postby The_Fourth_Craw on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:59 am

Thanks BB, but again the link does not work in the UK. Will find it on Youtube. We actually get The Daily Show over here, its quite good! Probably more factually accurate than the "official" news.... :D
The Fourth Craw

The_Fourth_Craw

Postby cbig_1 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:25 am

Because what our wonderful politicians have put together is NOT "free healthcare for all". All it does is shift the burden to people and businesses that are already overloaded. Not to mention the number of amendments added to the bill (in order to get a politians vote) that have absolutely nothing to do with healthcare.
Until healthcare in general is removed from being a traded commodity on the stock exchanges nothing will change.
cbig_1

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:36 am

The_Fourth_Craw wrote:Thanks BB, but again the link does not work in the UK. Will find it on Youtube. We actually get The Daily Show over here, its quite good! Probably more factually accurate than the "official" news.... :D

I read something a while back that alot of the younger generation get their news exclusively from The Daily Show & The Colbert Report. It's not something I'd recommend for a well-rounded view, but it's better than nothing. And as you say, you can't always trust that you're getting unbiased news from the regular networks anyway. Personally, I read the newspaper...but unfortunately they are going the way of the dinosaur and I have a feeling that one day I'm going to walk out to get my paper in the morning and it's not going to be there. :(

And cbig...as I said, it comes down to greed. The healthcare industry, HMOs, and private insurers are going to be against it no matter what form universal healthcare takes because it takes money out of their pocket. My feeling is we have to start somewhere and then fix the kinks as they come up. The rich get healthcare, the destitute have medicaid...the rest of us are paying out the wazoo or going without. And it still burns me that the senators and congressmen against government healthcare are recipients of it. How can they not see the hypocrisy?

Betsy_Boo

Postby The_Fourth_Craw on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:11 pm

Just to clarify, when I say free healthcare, it is actually free at the point of use, but it is obviously paid for out of the tax we pay as citizens. Nothing is totally free in this world. The system we have aint perfect, but it works.
The Fourth Craw

The_Fourth_Craw

Postby demorganakamark on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:02 pm

The_Fourth_Craw wrote:Just to clarify, when I say free healthcare, it is actually free at the point of use, but it is obviously paid for out of the tax we pay as citizens. Nothing is totally free in this world. The system we have aint perfect, but it works.

At least it works.
demorganakamark

Postby Betsy_Boo on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:42 pm

demorganakamark wrote:
The_Fourth_Craw wrote:Just to clarify, when I say free healthcare, it is actually free at the point of use, but it is obviously paid for out of the tax we pay as citizens. Nothing is totally free in this world. The system we have aint perfect, but it works.

At least it works.

Yes...that's the important thing. It works. Of course nobody wants their taxes to go up, but for God's sake what kind of country do we want to live in? People shouldn't have to forgo seeing a doctor when they're sick in order to pay their rent or buy food. Or maybe their child needs an operation that the insurance company won't cover. That shit happens every day. And it's ridiculous. Actually, it's beyond that...it's obscene. We were talking about the Bible earlier...I happen to be a Christian, but I ascribe to these words..."Whatever you do for the least of these, you do for me." I'd like to see how the Christians who are against universal healthcare argue with that.

Betsy_Boo

Postby The_Fourth_Craw on Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:01 pm

You are right demorganakamark and BB, it works.

The kind of people who object to things like free healthcare are short sighted, money worshiping idiots, in my humble opinion. Obscene is another good description!
The Fourth Craw

The_Fourth_Craw

PreviousNext

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here