FUNNY!! :D

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

FUNNY!! :D

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu May 21, 2009 6:04 pm

"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Re: FUNNY!! :D

Postby demorganakamark on Thu May 21, 2009 7:44 pm

Betsy_Boo wrote:http://www.borowitzreport.com/article.aspx?ID=7028

HA!!!!
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Postby Betsy_Boo on Thu May 21, 2009 9:11 pm

I thought it was a brilliant solution!
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby Mosbey on Fri May 22, 2009 8:14 am

Not a bad idea :wink:

Now If only THIS were a joke...

OTV, Let's change the Constitution on the fly...

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/05/do-you-want-you.html
Mosbey

Postby Shane88 on Sat May 23, 2009 5:07 pm

Well at least he is changing it as not to be criminal, whereas sock-muppet Bush just blatantly broke laws and waged unwarranted wars. Just as the APA listed homosexuality as a human disorder in it's DSM manual, the Constitution has many flaws that could be amended, and should be. The Constitution was written at a time in history where the society, country, and workings were much smaller than today. Some things need to be let go.

*At the crib watching Larry King Live
Shane88

Postby Shane88 on Sat May 23, 2009 5:16 pm

I wonder if Cheney/Bush understood this one!

Amendment 8 - Cruel and Unusual Punishment. Ratified 12/15/1791.
"Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted."

Umm..sure, leave it up to interpretation, great defense.

They didn't need to amend, they did what they wanted, manufactured marvelous lies, and were safe under the guise of executive privilege. That is the definition of sound character.

Shane88

Postby Mosbey on Wed May 27, 2009 7:47 am

“…the Constitution has many flaws that could be amended, and should be…Some things need to be let go.”

And within the Constitution there exists a proper and lawful procedure through which such amendments can be accomplished---The level of vitriol tossed at Bush/Cheney amazes me. Trying to defend Obama’s action here with what amounts to “OH YEAH, well, Bush did worse!” is a bit childish.

“They didn't need to amend, they did what they wanted, manufactured marvelous lies, and were safe under the guise of executive privilege. That is the definition of sound character.”

Remember THIS statement my new friend. I fear you may be eating these words time and again under this current administration.
Mosbey

Postby Shane88 on Thu May 28, 2009 6:30 am

No, not your friend ace!

Shane88

Postby Mosbey on Thu May 28, 2009 9:19 am

Shane88 wrote:No, not your friend ace!

It saddens me that you would jump to such a conclusion based solely on the fact that you disagree with my political position. Whatever happened to tolerance? :wink:

Better yet, and back on target…Whatever happened to these promises?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5t8GdxFYBU&feature=related

Remember the Promises of “Change” and an “Open administration?” Remember the promises to have bills reviewable online before the votes? Noble ideals that made for some good speeches and catchy chanting...YES WE CAN!

:shock: Reality check…Did this happen with the MEGAPORK “stimulus(sic) package" or other bills for that matter? Now add in this OTV production of an irrelevant event to which the mostly ‘prObama’ biased press was oddly barred? Open Administration? I think not. So, Noble ideals without follow through...or politics as usual with a dose of snake oil? Is there a difference?

Goodness, I can already hear the “Bush is a Sock-Muppet, and he did worse!” vitriol, but I have to ask…Is this Obama administration open?

In any case, have a good day. :D
Mosbey

Postby Shane88 on Thu May 28, 2009 4:02 pm

Ahh..yes the mega-pork barrel spending (funny stuff)..this has gone on during every administration as much as taxes being raised, and will continue to..nothing new. That is pretty petty stuff when it comes to deciding on a leader for a country. Judging a president on his accomplishments and promises in under a half a year is ..well...to put it nicely, silly. I found it funny when I went to a gun show a couple of months ago there were all kinds of "stereo-typical" gun buyers there in LONG lines, ridiculously long lines. I heard on five separate occasions, mind you being there for a total of maybe 15 minutes, people mumbling about how you better get your guns now cause "Osama" (clever huh?) is going take them yadda yadda. Just as we learn news that a republican from Alabama (not sure about state or name) had slid in some "pork barrel" legislation in a bill that would allow state law to override federal law in the case(s) of gun possession in state parks. This bills main act was to curb credit card companies from being able to change their rates in policies in as little as a days notice among other things. Well obviously Obama signed it and knew the gun earmark was on it, be afraid! My point is, there is no point in sitting here and listening to people say, "Oh just you wait", it holds no merit. I had a sweaty hot humid day, so I guess it was ok! Thanks!

Cheers
Shane

Shane88

Postby Mosbey on Fri May 29, 2009 8:39 am

If you think it is silly to judge Obama on his already large number of broken promises and the insane pork barrel spending, then what exactly, pray tell, should we be judging him on?

This “stimulus(sic) package” is above and beyond previous pork. This is ad hoc debacle of pie in the sky spending programs rammed through at a time when we can least afford it.

Perhaps you COULD factually claim Obama’s Pelosi/Reid MEGAPORK package is:
“nothing new***"
***only multiplied by a factor of 100s ~~~ Maybe most would miss that end note?

It is not based on common sense, economic data, or facts. “It's not based on any particular data point, We just wanted to choose a really large number," strait from the lips of the treasury spokesman. Hardly comforting, eh?

Slap me on the wrist for a lateral shift off topic, but it IS Friday… :wink:

You have actually touched upon a more important topic of discussion with your gun show recounting and mention of Coburn’s insertion to the Credit Card Bill.

Boiled down, Are the individual States of the Union sovereign? Or are they subservient to some overarching federal authority beyond what is outlined in the Constitution? Are we as individuals, FREE, with inalienable rights? Or are were subjects of Federal Control? I guess according to Janet Napolitano, respecting the Constitution and even asking such a question classifies me as a “Right-Wing Radical,” and a possible threat to DHS!?!? :?

Anyways have a great weekend! :D
Mosbey

Postby Shane88 on Fri May 29, 2009 6:14 pm

Boiled down, Are the individual States of the Union sovereign? Or are they subservient to some overarching federal authority beyond what is outlined in the Constitution? Are we as individuals, FREE, with inalienable rights? Or are were subjects of Federal Control? I guess according to Janet Napolitano, respecting the Constitution and even asking such a question classifies me as a “Right-Wing Radical,” and a possible threat to DHS!?!? :?

Mosbey! These are far too many questions for any woman or man to think about all at once, let alone attempt to come to some sort of lucid answer. So I will defer!
Anyways have a great weekend! :D

Thanks...you too!

Shane88

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here