Gaza / Israel

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Gaza / Israel

Postby The_Fourth_Craw on Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:57 pm

I have to say something about this!

What is currently going on in Gaza is nothing short of a War Crime. The current count stands at 660 dead in Gaza, with a sizeable proportion being women and children. Thats just the dead, there are hundreds more wounded and maimed. There is little food / water and there is no where for the civilians to go as the borders are sealed.

Israel have also just bombed UN buildings where civillians were sheltering. Most of the dead were children. A spokesman for Israel stated that they did not know there were civillians in the buildings, funny that, because it was on our national news yesterday that the buildings were being used as shelters.

In no way do I support Hamas or their actions, but to massacre innocents on this scale is butchery. It has to stop now and if Israel refuse to do so, then they must be forced to stop.

Rant over.
The Fourth Craw

The_Fourth_Craw

Re: Gaza / Israel

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:14 pm

Unfortunately our government has their head so far up Israel's butt that we're not going to do anything. I don't understand the world...I don't understand why the fuck people can't figure out a way to just get along. There has to be some kind of compromise that Israel and the Palestinians can come up with. Why won't these people try to talk to each other? Why do so many people prefer war over peace, compassion over ego? No offense, but I think if women ruled this kind of shit would not be happening. I'm probably wrong, but that's how I feel.
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby This_Girl on Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:35 pm

" Israel have also just bombed UN buildings where civillians were sheltering. Most of the dead were children. A spokesman for Israel stated that they did not know there were civillians in the buildings, funny that, because it was on our national news yesterday that the buildings were being used as shelters."

-- There are things I see on the news all of the time that makes me wonder why in the world they would report it. (You know...he made a bomb out of paper clips and salt...he found out how on http://www.makeabomb" ***rolls eyes*** I saw that on the news "Taking shelter here". Very stupid, I think, to point them right out. "Here's where they are". I know your point was that they knew civillians were there....but my point is why would you report where people are seeking shelter? Hiding! Urgh.
This_Girl

Postby doodoobird on Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:47 am

Everything Israel is doing is a REACTION. Yes, civilians will die. One: they are living ass to ass over there. Two: targets are living amongst the populace. I recently saw an interview with a leading Hamas official. He ranted on and on about Israel being the infidel. Death to the infidel. They are satan. Death to satan. Blah blah blah. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU NEGOTIATE WITH THAT??? HOW THE FUCK DO YOU LIVE IN PEACE WITH THAT???? If Israel is guilty of anything it is overreacting. I for one think they need to do whatever they need to do to destroy Hamas as any kind of political orginization, if that is even possible. If they do anything short of this, the two sides will be playing this game forever. Periods of calm. Periods of violence. On and on and on and on.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby grasking on Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:27 pm

I was under the impression Hamas was using civilians as shields.
grasking

Postby doodoobird on Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:17 pm

I am sure that happens, Grassy. But knowing your a target and living under the roof of an innocent family is also using civilians as shields. And also knowing what kind of damage the propaganda can do to your enemy when you get taken out with that innocent family, surely you will receive many virgins for that double wammy.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby Betsy_Boo on Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:48 pm

I don't think this shit will ever end because none of these folks understand the meaning of the word "peace". They all need a good spanking.

Betsy_Boo

Postby The_Fourth_Craw on Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:27 am

Even if Hamas are firing rockets from civillian areas, that in no way excuses the indiscriminate bombing of one of the most densly populated areas in the world. It does not excuse the use of phosphorus bombs. It does not excuse the bombing of UN aid convoys or UN buildings. It does not excuse ignoring more UN resolutions than Saddam Hussain.

Under internatinal law, any retaliation must be proportinate. The Israeli dead amount to approx 15, the Gaza dead are over 800 and counting. Not to mention the starvation because of the blockade, the illegal occupation of Palestinian territory and the apartheid against Palestinians in general. When the fighting is over, Hamas will still be there, with probably hundreds of new recruits out to avenge the deaths of their families.

As I have said before, I do not support Hamas, but Israel are far from the victims in all of this. It looks like the lessons of history are being ignored again.
The Fourth Craw

The_Fourth_Craw

Postby doodoobird on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:20 pm

Is it indiscriminate? Or maybe Hamas is deeply ingrained within the population? Phosphorus bombs? News to me. But I doubt it. I think the use of phosphorus weapons of any kind in one of the most dens areas in the world would cause more of an outcry. Those things are really really nasty. More so then Napalm. As for the U.N. The world on the whole is anti semitic. It really is. Historically, the U.N has been anti Israel. I can understand Israel doing whatever it must to insure its survival. Even if that means looking like the big meanie on the block. And if retaliation MUST be proportinate then this shit is gonna go on FOREVER. And the dead count should be a hint to Hamas. DONT START SHIT WITH THOSE WHO COULD STOMP YOU OUT. As for Israel illegally occupying that whole area. YOUR RIGHT. I agree with that. The creation of Israel in that particular area was a big big big mistake. But thats like knocking Americans for taking this land from the indians. It was wrong. But it happened a while ago and there is not a chance in hell that the victims will be getting back their land. Right or wrong.
Some may say that Betsy's comments are a simplification, but I think it sums up this situation very well.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:29 am

The truth is peace could be simple if folks would just try. Thanks DDB.

Betsy_Boo

Postby The_Fourth_Craw on Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:58 am

The use of Phosphorus Bombs was reported by the BBC last week, with footage and verified by hospitals in Gaza who had to treat the victims.

There will never be peace in that area of the world until the extremists are silenced and the killing stops. There are in fact moderates on both sides. Some in Hamas have said that they would accept Israel within its 1967 borders, which is reflected by others in Israel who agree. There is one group in Israel, consisting of ex military personel who refuse to fight, who want an end to the violence. Lets hope that the calls for piece on both sides eventually win. Otherwise, who knows where it will end. Lets not forget that Israel has Nukes.
The Fourth Craw

The_Fourth_Craw

Postby doodoobird on Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:41 pm

Moderates in Hamas who are willing to even recognize Israel as a state are being blasphemise against the founding ideology that the organization was founded on. No doubt they are marginalized. Even so, maybe this current offensive can root out enough of the hard liners, giving the moderates more of a voice. Military, economic, political pressure can make this a possibility, no matter how unlikely. Or it can do the complete opposite. In either case, extremist will still exist. Violence will still continue. But the trick is to keep it at such a level where people can live their lives without fear.
And as for the phosphorus bombs: based off their reporting, it is safe to say that the BBC are not the biggest fans of Israel. Not by a long shot.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby grasking on Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:16 pm

Well, Israel used them in Lebenon in 2006, so it's not a stretch that they may be using them now.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/777549.html
grasking

Postby doodoobird on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:27 pm

Well, your right in a way. This is a military issue, so let me school you a little. Phosphorus weapons are used by many nations, even the U.S. They are only illegal when used as a weapon. As weird as it may sound, they have other purposes. Such as, marking targets, I believe. I use to know all this shit but its been a while. I remember learning all about phosphorus weapons during this 3 month chemical weapons course I took, and I remember that there are non lethal methods of using phosphorus weapons. Also learned how nasty they are when used as a weapon. Anyway, this course was a long time ago and I cant remember anything besides that they can be used for marking specific targets.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby doodoobird on Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:30 pm

On another note: LETS HEAR A LITTLE BIT OF AN OUTCRY FOR ALL THE INNOCENT JEWS KILLED BY SUICIDE BOMBERS. A little? Anything?
Yo mama
doodoobird

Next

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here