Just the Facts.....

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Just the Facts.....

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:30 pm

A conservative group called RightChange.com has spent $3 million running ads that largely criticize Obama and his tax plans. They're false:

Two ads say Obama would tax "small businesses" at a rate of "62 percent." He wouldn't. That number is an inflated estimate of the very top tax rate, and it doesn't represent what Obama has proposed.

That false figure includes an increased Social Security tax rate that Obama doesn't support, plus the state income tax rate paid by people making more than a million dollars a year in California.

One ad implies that regular folks just trying to make it as entrepreneurs would be hit with such a rate. But even if this estimate were correct – and it's not – it would affect the wealthiest taxpayers and only 1 percent of those who could generously be considered small-business owners.

you can read about it yourself at
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008 ... wrong.html
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark

Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Re: Just the Facts.....

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:31 pm

'Unethical?'
October 27, 2008
A McCain-Palin/RNC ad claims Obama 'rewards his friends with your tax dollars.' It's off the mark.
Summary
An ad released jointly by the McCain-Palin campaign and the RNC claims Obama "rewards his friends with your tax dollars" and calls his actions "unethical." Some of what the ad says is false or misleading. Here are the facts:

The ad claims that Obama supporter and Chicago real estate developer Allison Davis received $20 million in taxpayer money. That's false. Davis didn't get this money. Instead, the federal grant went to the Chicago Housing Authority, replacing money it had already put forward for a mixed-income housing project on which Davis was a developer. The grant didn't go to Davis, nor did it help him pocket any additional funds.

The ad says Obama gave Tony Rezko $14 million of taxpayer money. That's misleading. It's true the housing project Rezko was working on cost $14 million in taxpayer cash. Rezko and his partner netted $855,000 in fees.

Obama worked to get Kenny Smith a $100,000 grant to build a park, which Smith later failed to complete. Smith has since caught the attention of the state attorney general. But, according to reports, Obama isn't under investigation for helping Smith get the grant.
The RNC and McCain may consider Obama's actions to be "unethical"; that's a matter of opinion. But the fact is, as far as these three incidents are concerned, Obama has not been officially accused of any wrongdoing, and there's been no report that his actions are the subject of any official investigation.
demorganakamark

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:33 pm

ANyway, for anyone just wanting the facts go here and check them out for yourself......

http://www.factcheck.org/

If your voting for Obama or McCain......its not a bad place to see through some of the BS.
demorganakamark

Postby doodoobird on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:21 pm

I would do this I would do that. This goes to both candidates: Lets see what the fuck you guys REALLY do when its your time.
And by the way, with the recession and all, how the f is Obama suppose to pay for all these new proposals?
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby This_Girl on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:59 pm

If one canidate (#1) has an idea/policy the other canidate (#2) thinks is good - and then C#2 is elected, can C#2 take that idea/policy that was C#1's into the Presidency?
I have heard these two happen to agree on some issues....I am just wondering can you take something from the "race" and use it in the presidency - when it was the other's????
I know I am showing my ignorance, here.
This_Girl

Postby doodoobird on Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:04 pm

You always doubt yourself when it comes to politics, ThisGirl. As we say in the hood, YOU AYIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! WORD. Really, you know more then the average American bear, thats for damn sure. So stop doubting yourself, girl. Or ThisGirl, I should say. God am so corny.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:12 pm

doodoobird wrote:I would do this I would do that. This goes to both candidates: Lets see what the fuck you guys REALLY do when its your time.
And by the way, with the recession and all, how the f is Obama suppose to pay for all these new proposals?

you seem pissed off.......
demorganakamark

Postby Mosbey on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:24 am

One of the biggest distortions of this election cycle had to be the Obama Campaign’s Spanish language ads…Deliberately misquoting Limbaugh and then linking him to McCain. I brought it up earlier and some went off half-cocked ranting about Limbaugh.

DDB’s question is very legitimate.

Just how is Obama going to pay for the “beer and circuses” he has promised?
Mosbey

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:58 pm

Well, we can always just let the rich have the big tax cuts and let them have our beer and GODDAMN CIRCUSES...DAMN YOU.DONT LOOK AT ME
demorganakamark

Postby demorganakamark on Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:11 pm

If the gov can shell out 700 billion to bail out this retard of an economy...they can spare some of that change for some chips and dip...along with the arrows and tax breaks on wine...
demorganakamark

Postby Betsy_Boo on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:40 pm

"I voted for Obama today! I voted for Obama today! Nyah, Nyah, Nyah...hey, hey, hey...Goodbye!!!!!!!!!"
"We'll always have Paris."

Betsy_Boo

Postby This_Girl on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:26 pm

Yay, Betsy!
This_Girl

Postby doodoobird on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:37 pm

Nyah, Nyah, Nyah..hey,hey,hey.... Hello...........Uncertainty.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby doodoobird on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:40 pm

Not angry. Just curse a lot. Potty mouth, is what I am. And all I'll ever be. dsfjaljfldsajfdlsa;jfdsalkajfdsal;jfdl;sajfdsal;jfsda;l
Yo mama
doodoobird

Postby doodoobird on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:46 pm

Inside is a hidden message. See if you can find it.
Yo mama
doodoobird

Next

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here