OBAMA 08!!!

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby Mosbey on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:07 pm

grasking wrote:
Mosbey wrote:Save yorself the time, TG, I was not expecting any real answer


Then why ask?


Because I remain optimistic of finding those outside the norm…It is a failing of mine :wink:
Mosbey
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:14 am

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby doodoobird on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:30 pm

Typical. Pick on Mosbey because he aint part of the cult. Am really trying to refrain from the normal back and forth that goes on here (and everywhere else) because I made a promise to myself to try to unit for the time being to help get out of our nations current situation. But its hard to do that when I hear certain things. Like its 'about time we got some soul in the white house', comment. ?????? That does not have a goddamn thing to do with who would be a better president. In fact, that shit IS racist. Let a white guy say something about 'we better make sure we keep the white house WHITE' and he is a f'ing racist. If thats how you make up your mind then its a damn travesty that your even allowed to vote. Its dangerous. I hope there is more to that opinion, honestly. For the good of our nation. Anyway, its almost over. For better or for worst.
Yo mama
doodoobird
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:44 am
Location: N.Y.C

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby doodoobird on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:31 pm

And another thing, if McCain somehow manages to pull a miracle here, GOD
how sweet it will be!!!! The Obama cult has gotten WAYYYYYY TOOOOOOO cocky as of late. A little arrogant, some would say. There is such thing as a sore winner, you know. But I promise, if McCain wins, I'll show some class.
Yo mama
doodoobird
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:44 am
Location: N.Y.C

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby Mosbey on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:56 pm

LK, You might have missed the fact that TG STATED “…(she) was skirting around (the) actual question…” Her answer to my question, by her own admittance, was not “quite real” as you put it. I was fine with that response and was poking back tongue in check at the prickly barbs and thorns of the post TG handed back to me. :wink:

Thanks for the support DDB. Like you, I have also vowed to support and be respectful to whoever wins…Support at least until they start to push for something wacky and/or fascist…something like say…a national police force…I hear absentee ballots from Israel are running 3 to 1 against Obama…

Oh well, enough fun for today…everyone have a safe evening…we are in for a rocky ride, I fear the inmates are running the asylum…but hey…worst case is “beer and circuses,” right? RIGHT!? Well…at least until the marker comes due anyways...
Mosbey
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:14 am

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby grasking on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:07 pm

doodoobird wrote:And another thing, if McCain somehow manages to pull a miracle here, GOD
how sweet it will be!!!! The Obama cult has gotten WAYYYYYY TOOOOOOO cocky as of late. A little arrogant, some would say. There is such thing as a sore winner, you know. But I promise, if McCain wins, I'll show some class.



Last I read the books stand to lose a lot of money if Obama wins unless there was some late action on McCain.
Image
grasking
 
Posts: 2409
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:57 pm
Location: northeast

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby This_Girl on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:46 pm

Mosbey wrote:Save yorself the time, TG, I was not expecting any real answer…some 90% of Obama supporters do not understand what they are actually voting for beyond the sad fact that Obama is promising “mo’ free shit” than McCain. "Beer and Circuses.” Possibly a low blow there….but hey, at least I am not implying you are not speaking your own mind…no one in this thread would ever stoop to that. :wink:

However, if you want to “speak your own mind,” I'm listening.


Mosbey, I do agree with you somewhat about "some" Obama supporters not knowing what they are voting for. I have been appalled by some of the things I have read/heard Obama supporters say why he is getting their vote. It angers me. I personally know others, and there are some people I have "heard" of, who have never voted and have only registered to vote for Obama based on one reason alone. That was not my reasoning. I am confident that my vote was for who I felt is best all around. And, I am confident because I did take the time to educate myself on each of them - I cannot speak for all the others who may or have may not. I can only say that I have not voted blindly.
Image
This_Girl
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:23 am
Location: South Florida

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby This_Girl on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:52 pm

Oh yes, and - the only reason I haven't wanted to express my views in most of these political themed threads is that I really was raised to believe you do not discuss politics. I agree with that as in I understand my views are my views and I shall not enforce them upon any other. At the same time, I disagree with not discussing politics because I have learned quite a bit from discussing it with others. Other people's views point things out I may not have been aware of or maybe open my mind to something I wasn't considering. I am not an opinionated person. I will listen to others and take what I can from it....but you won't find me "compaining" when I know it all boils down to each as an individual.

Besides all that nonsense, Justin Timberlake is voting for him so I am, too!



I Jest.
Image
This_Girl
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:23 am
Location: South Florida

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby grasking on Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:57 pm

This_Girl wrote:Besides all that nonsense, Justin Timberlake is voting for him so I am, too!



I Jest.


McCain just got my vote. :wink:
Image
grasking
 
Posts: 2409
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:57 pm
Location: northeast

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby LauraK on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:00 pm

I didn't even vote Obama, so I doubt I'm part of "The Cult."

When 1 person makes a comment about "getting some soul in the White House," does that mean all of the people voting Obama feel that way? Nope.

I'm sure there are plenty of Repubs voting McCain simply because he's of their party and not because they agree with all he says he's going to do. Same with some Dems. Then there are those voting strictly based on their race, be it black or white. Some may be voting because their favorite celebrity is backing that person....or because they found them funny on SNL.

Do I think any of that is right? Nope, but this is America and we're free to vote however we choose for whatever reason we choose.

Is it perfect? Ha! Hardly but it's all we've got. For now.

Just because someone doesn't want to go into a looooooooong explanation as to why they're voting for the candidate of their choice does not mean it's ok to roll your eyes (figuratively) and post your disdain about their choice because they obviously are "the norm." What's normal is subjective.

I think Mosbey's well equipped to handle any picking on he receives, even if he never did explain how he knows that 90% of people feel the way he said they do.

LK
Image

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK
 
Posts: 1874
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:04 am
Location: MI

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby This_Girl on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:03 pm

[quote="This_Girl"]but you won't find me "compaining" when I know it all boils down to each as an individual.quote]
:roll: campaigning! Urgh. I am doing wonders convincing you (mosbey) I know what I am up to :oops: Wow. Yeah. No excuse. Count me in with your 90%. :lol:
Image
This_Girl
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:23 am
Location: South Florida

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby demorganakamark on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:21 pm

what have i missed........well, it doesnt matter bush is packing his shit..McCain is looking at new fishing gear...and Palin is still mad about the possibility of her clothes going to ebay..PEace
"That which exists without my knowledge exists without my consent."
demorganakamark
 
Posts: 3626
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:42 pm
Location: Orange at times.....digital playground...well, thats easy, its here.

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:11 pm

Mosbey wrote:Save yorself the time, TG, I was not expecting any real answer…some 90% of Obama supporters do not understand what they are actually voting for beyond the sad fact that Obama is promising “mo’ free shit” than McCain. "Beer and Circuses.” Possibly a low blow there….but hey, at least I am not implying you are not speaking your own mind…no one in this thread would ever stoop to that. :wink:

However, if you want to “speak your own mind,” I'm listening.


Honestly, Mosbey...you are so full of shit your eyes have to be brown. You know I took you off my "foes" list today but I'm thinking about putting you back on because you are SO FUCKING RUDE!!!!!!!!!!!
"We'll always have Paris."

Image
Betsy_Boo
 
Posts: 4725
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:20 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby Nerak on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:32 pm

102 to 49 electoral votes in Obama's favor right now
Nerak
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:33 am
Location: In my chair

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby doodoobird on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:11 pm

I dont know about the 'mo free shit' comment but I DO KNOW WITHOUT A REASONABLE DOUBT that many many people are voting for Obama just on the color of his skin and THAT IS RACIST AS HELL. I also know that many people are doing the same for McCain and that too is racist. Heres the difference, it is accepted by our nation on the Obama side and scorned on the other. And I think Mosbey gets a little leeway when he is constantly under attack. If any of you are put in that position, you too, might get a little rude. Trust me, I've been there. And Laura, of course it is their right to vote for anyone they want based off of any info they recieved. But it could be fucking dangerous for all of us when we have a nation where the numbers who do this would prob surprise us all. thats all am saying.
Yo mama
doodoobird
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:44 am
Location: N.Y.C

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby jg5xd on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:05 pm

The American People have spoken loud and clear. I'm gonna watch Fox and see how long it takes them to accept defeat, LMFFFAO!!! I want to see Hannity cry!!!
jg5xd
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:44 am

PreviousNext

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest