OBAMA 08!!!

The country's goin' to hell... and you know how to fix it! Tell us how here.

OBAMA 08!!!

Postby jg5xd on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:13 am

I can't WAIT to see the numbers... this is going to be a landslide! So pack yo SHT bush, you're goin back to Texas. YEEEEEHAAAA!!! and get ready to pay taxes like the rest of us, SUCKA. Cuz the white house is about to get a large dose of SOUL BABY! Good luck in 20 16 McBush, if you're still alive!
jg5xd
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:44 am

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:16 am

Hey j...I guess, like me you'll be staying up to watch the returns, eh? I have to say I'm still a bit nervous. I'd love to see this thing wrapped up by 11pm with a landslide for Obama, but I'm still scared. Especially with all those ATM voting machines out there.
"We'll always have Paris."

Image
Betsy_Boo
 
Posts: 4725
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:20 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby Mosbey on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:24 am

Bush is gone either way, and the race-baiting should seriously stop.
Mosbey
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:14 am

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby jg5xd on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:31 am

Betsy, conquer your fear, and I promise, you will conquer McCain... I mean Death! Whatever... OBAMA!!!!
jg5xd
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:44 am

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby Mosbey on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:39 am

When reality crashes in, what are Obama zealots going to do? Right now you are voting for vaporware…the promises of free “Beer and Circuses”....Makes for nice speeches and lots of warm and fuzzies, but we have to live in the real world. When/if this does not come to pass, just what do you think will happen?
Mosbey
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:14 am

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby jg5xd on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:49 am

PARTY LIKE A ROCKSTA! PARTY LIKE A ROCKSTA! PARTY LIKE A ROCKSTA! PARTY LIKE A ROCKSTA! PARTY LIKE A ROCKSTA! PARTY LIKE A ROCKSTA! I'm gettin me a 40 tonight and count the votes till I fall asleep! Whada yah say Kram?
jg5xd
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:44 am

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby Mosbey on Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:58 am

Well…have fun I guess. Just remember to pay for your own 40.
Mosbey
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:14 am

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby Betsy_Boo on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:23 am

jg5xd wrote:Betsy, conquer your fear, and I promise, you will conquer McCain... I mean Death! Whatever... OBAMA!!!!


I'll do my best j! To be honest I'm tired of being afraid. I think you have the right attitude. And maybe if Obama wins I can stop being afraid and start looking forward to the future. :D
"We'll always have Paris."

Image
Betsy_Boo
 
Posts: 4725
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:20 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby This_Girl on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:12 am

Mosbey wrote:When reality crashes in, what are Obama zealots going to do? Right now you are voting for vaporware…the promises of free “Beer and Circuses”....Makes for nice speeches and lots of warm and fuzzies, but we have to live in the real world. When/if this does not come to pass, just what do you think will happen?


I understand what you are saying, however I feel ALL politians are full of shit. I just pick the one who in which his/her bull shit appeals most to me. They ALL say whatever they think is "right" and, more importantly, what is going to get the vote. Yes, we have to live in the real world. The real world is that our government as a whole - not just the President - is what runs our lives. The one thing that kept me on the fence as long as I was there was McCain's experience. Then I considered what exactly does his experience mean to me as an individual? Who cares if someone has experience if their ideals for the country aren't exactly mine? *Shrugs* I am just sick of being told what I should think and what I am doing wrong. I am doing what is right for ME and MY family.
By the way, I loathe beer and I have never cared for the circus. :P So though I may have voted for the vaporware...believe me, I am never expectant of ANYTHING free, especially beer and/or circuses.
Image
This_Girl
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:23 am
Location: South Florida

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby Mosbey on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:25 am

This_Girl wrote:
Mosbey wrote:When reality crashes in, what are Obama zealots going to do? Right now you are voting for vaporware…the promises of free “Beer and Circuses”....Makes for nice speeches and lots of warm and fuzzies, but we have to live in the real world. When/if this does not come to pass, just what do you think will happen?


I am doing what is right for ME and MY family. By the way, I loathe beer and I have never cared for the circus. :P So though I may have voted for the vaporware...believe me, I am never expectant of ANYTHING free, especially beer and/or circuses.



If you did not vote for "Beer and Circuses," and experience did not matter in your choice...Then just what IS right for "you and your family?" To rephrase... what exactly DID you vote for?
Mosbey
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:14 am

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby Mosbey on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:31 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI


Heinlein was correct…See the pattern?

"bread(beer) and circuses" to "gas and mortgages"
Mosbey
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:14 am

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby This_Girl on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:40 pm

Mosbey wrote:
This_Girl wrote:
Mosbey wrote:When reality crashes in, what are Obama zealots going to do? Right now you are voting for vaporware…the promises of free “Beer and Circuses”....Makes for nice speeches and lots of warm and fuzzies, but we have to live in the real world. When/if this does not come to pass, just what do you think will happen?


I am doing what is right for ME and MY family. By the way, I loathe beer and I have never cared for the circus. :P So though I may have voted for the vaporware...believe me, I am never expectant of ANYTHING free, especially beer and/or circuses.



If you did not vote for "Beer and Circuses," and experience did not matter in your choice...Then just what IS right for "you and your family?" To rephrase... what exactly DID you vote for?


See, what I did for ME and MY family is that I did this; When I say I did not vote for what you keep calling beer and circuses, that is simply b/c I'd rather not use metaphors - say what they really are. I understand that you are a master of linking, as well as copy & paste...I speak from my own mind. That being said, Obama has my vote because I agree on most issues with him as opposed to what I agree with McCain/Palin. In all honesty, I am not thrilled with either candidate. I don't hold Obama on some pedestal thinking "This is my man". I don't agree 100% with either one and I am not sure I will ever be 100% with any canidate for that matter.
I only have the sense to take each "guy" and weigh them. From there, I vote. Just as I assume you do.
As for McCain's experience - what does all his experience matter to ME when I disagree with his plans for our nation? Let's be metaphorical, Why would I get my bread from the more experienced butcher in town? I'm there for bread, not meat.

I am not here to argue - I am just here to say I voted for who I felt was best. I don't care who anyone else thinks is best. I also don't expect anyone to think it matters who I thought was best.

I didn't care for your indication that I have a reason to fear my choice. Our choices are based on our individual lives and our beliefs. I don't like being criticized for not agreeing with your choice. Majority rules and I will respect and follow my country regardless of who the "figure head" is.

I know I am skirting around your actual question; What DID I vote for. Frankly, none of your business :wink:

In closing, if you would like, I can copy & paste all the things I thought Obama and I agreed moreso on than McCain and I - I will. One of the most important issues on hand for me THEY both agree on and I disagree.
Image
This_Girl
 
Posts: 1168
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:23 am
Location: South Florida

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby Mosbey on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:44 pm

Save yorself the time, TG, I was not expecting any real answer…some 90% of Obama supporters do not understand what they are actually voting for beyond the sad fact that Obama is promising “mo’ free shit” than McCain. "Beer and Circuses.” Possibly a low blow there….but hey, at least I am not implying you are not speaking your own mind…no one in this thread would ever stoop to that. :wink:

However, if you want to “speak your own mind,” I'm listening.
Mosbey
 
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:14 am

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby LauraK on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:03 pm

Save yorself the time, TG, I was not expecting any real answer…some 90% of Obama supporters do not understand what they are actually voting for beyond the sad fact that Obama is promising “mo’ free shit”


How is it that you know just what 90% of people feel they're voting for? Just because everyone doesn't want to get in a down n dirty debate about their reasons doesn't make them any more right or wrong about their choice than you are about yours.

It is ALMOST OVER. Can we not let the back and forth crap stop?? Reminds me of the cartoon Shane and or Joe has posted:
Image


I thought her answer was quite real. It's her opinion and she's entitled to it, as we all are.

I'm so glad this is almost over.

LK
Image

"Friends are the family you choose for yourself."
LauraK
 
Posts: 1874
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:04 am
Location: MI

Re: OBAMA 08!!!

Postby grasking on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:03 pm

Mosbey wrote:Save yorself the time, TG, I was not expecting any real answer


Then why ask?
Image
grasking
 
Posts: 2409
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:57 pm
Location: northeast

Next

Return to Politics - Start Your FlameWar Here


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest